View Poll Results: Time to remove Ghostcrawler tweets from front page news?

Voters
726. This poll is closed
  • Yes

371 51.10%
  • No

355 48.90%
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    he worked at blizzard at its peak, most nda's he signed are null and void now. He has some of the best insight as to why this game is crashing and burning like it is.
    I'd say the change of design philosophy he implemented are the reason the game is crashing, as today's game is a direct continuation of said philosophy.
    And, as I said previously, nearly every opinion he shares on design is the exact opposite of what he implemented (his own personal preferences seem to lean toward old-school WoW) so he can take double the blame for implementing something he seems to not have thought good.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    He was literally accused of having bad communication skills on multiple occasions when it came to wow. He would often betlittle other posters or insult their intelligence. There is a reason he never says anything about LoL you know?

Rose tinted glasses ftw
    Wut? GC was the best Dev communicator I've ever seen in a Video Game company. The only other that comes close in Blizzard is Ion. But the usual spastics of the community basically flung shit at him as well until he stopped talking as much.

This community is disgusting with how they treat devs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    As much as I hated GC's design, he was a great communicator and constantly shared opinions and reasonings. I disagreed with his conclusions, I was banging my head on a wall when there was 180° change of direction (like saying "dungeons are hard on purpose" in early Cata and ONE WEEK LATER nerfing them to oblivion), but the part of the criticism you quote, I'd tend to put the blame on regular online fucktards who throw accusations of communication/arrogance as soon as they don't get their way.
    He might be great at discussing in game mechanical stuff with but his communication skills where not great. Its not professional to loose your temper when dealing with customers. Its just not. Anyone who says otherwise has no idea about customer service

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    he worked at blizzard at its peak, most nda's he signed are null and void now. He has some of the best insight as to why this game is crashing and burning like it is.
    >implying the Best MMO on the Market that still holds millions of players is "crashing and burning"

Your hyperbole would be hilarious if it wasn't so pathetic.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    Wut? GC was the best Dev communicator I've ever seen in a Video Game company. The only other that comes close in Blizzard is Ion. But the usual spastics of the community basically flung shit at him as well until he stopped talking as much.

This community is disgusting with how they treat devs.
    Its like that for most people who deal with customer relations, its just not as noticable as this because its often not writte non a public forum. For some real shitheads just go check out various companies facebook sites and what people write to them.

This is a global thing, and he didnt deal well with the critique.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    It's annoying because the people who want his posts on the front page are the same guys that whine about those that want classic realms, so they're just as bad because they're just as stuck in the past as the Nostalrius gang.
    What? are you silly for REAL claiming Bubu wants Vanilla realms and thats why you can read GC on the front page? No, GC is on a the frontpage cause he is an active gamedev with insight to the industry.

Ghostcrawler hasn't been relevant for me ever since he quit Blizzard
    fixed that.

Or we're just not idiots who are stuck years in the past?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Louz View Post
    It is funny though, how it's now called "developer tweets" instead of Ghostcrawler like it used to be.
    Because he is always was since age of empires a devoloper? some people just wanna hate to hate....

Quote Originally Posted by rpdrichard View Post
    I see a thread a couple of weeks ago about this topic, but it lacked something very important: A poll.

When he worked for Blizz or when he just left, what he said had actually some relevance so I didn´t mind knowing what he had to say, but now it's completely pointless. I would follow him on his social media if I actually cared for what he has to say which I don´t.

I'd like to know what others think.
    They're at the bottom of the news posts. Ignore them.

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    Ya I agree. Its been so long since he has worked at Blizzard.
    I'd rather hear people like Bashiok at this point.
    You're right. We should add Bashiok too.

Quote Originally Posted by Crovyn View Post
    Ghostcrawler is like Obama, who is like a clingy ex-girlfriend. They just won't move on. Ghostcrawler is way easier to ignore than the other two however.
    Except he has, he's only answering what people bring to him. It's not like he went to MMO champ and solicited the air time...

The premise of this entire thread is childish.

A) Getting annoyed at text
    B) Showing an inability to ignore something
    C) Displaying frustration at your own lack of ability and maturity in a poll

Do we really need a thread about ghostcrawler every time a new tweet appears?

He is a game designer and he worked at Blizzard, if people have questions of "how this worked" or "why the did this" they ask him and MMo-C post the answer here for others that are interested.

But here its the thing, if you are not interested You don't need to read., is that a concept so hard to grasp ?

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    >implying the Best MMO on the Market that still holds millions of players is "crashing and burning"

Your hyperbole would be hilarious if it wasn't so pathetic.
    Implying that the fac that its lost millions of playerbase. Has dropped back to around its first year numbers and relys more on new members than retaining old ones is good?. Sorry it may be the most played mmo but its also the one thats fallen the farthest from its peak and from what some of its biggest fans enjoyed the most. Cling to those remaining sub numbers cus atm thats all they have.

I believe you intentionaly read too much into the text and twist it to your own liking. Like with your previous post. At no point were there anyhting intended to be something remotely close to being "stats" in my post.

Love or hate Ghostcrawler, he makes people come out of the woodwork and makes traffic - as evident by this very post. I am sure that if some other devs posted something interesting that MMO-C got an eye for - they would post it as well. Perhaps - if you know other relevant devs, posting relevant stuff - you could give them a nudge and show them where to find it. :>

Deleted
    Implying that the fac that its lost millions of playerbase. Has dropped back to around its first year numbers and relys more on new members than retaining old ones is good?. Sorry it may be the most played mmo but its also the one thats fallen the farthest from its peak and from what some of its biggest fans enjoyed the most. Cling to those remaining sub numbers cus atm thats all they have.
    If you are talking in actual amount of players then yes its fallen the lowest. Thats because wow has had more players then the others ever lost though. If you are talking % wise the no, wow hasnt lost nearly as much as some others.

Pretty sure Elder Scrolls lost a bigger % of their playerbase the first week after it released then wow has in total.

You know even with the "farthest fall" it currently has more subscribers than any of the multitude of "WoW killer" MMOs that have come out in the past 12 years had at their peaks, right?
    ☭Politics Understander and Haver of Good Takes☭Posting Is A Human Right☭
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGravemind View Post
    If I was in his boots (and forced to join the SS in 1939 or whenever he joined), I would have tried to liberate the camp myself or die trying. He did not. He traded his life for the life of thousands of people, thus he should face the consequences
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Oh would you now? It truly is amazing how many heroic people we have wasting their time on internet.

I am just curious, is this really a thread bitching about Ghostcrawler that was predicated upon his last tweet that made it to the front page? If so, your argument is that "he hasn't been relevant to WoW in a long time, so why bother?" Did you actually read the question asked in the tweet posted or his response? Or was this just a knee jerk, saw his name and got triggered response?

The question was literally about general game design philosophy regarding power as it relates to satisfaction in playing a game. He mentioned WoW literally once as an anecdote relating what he was saying. And you know what? It was directly AFTER referring to Contra. The post was in regards to playing with "god mode" on. I am not sure how twisted or biased you have to be to think that means he is saying "My WoW was the best WoW", but I think I need to start calling you Mr Fantastic for how far you need to reach to grasp at those straws to make your ridiculous argument work.

Seriously, as many have said, if you don't like them, ignore them. Many people find his general game design insight interesting and are curious how it related to the building of the foundations of the game we all play today. Yes, many things don't necessarily apply to modern WoW and that's fine. There are likely a small percentage who think he speaks for modern WoW design philosophy. But what he says does have relevance to general game design. Just because you are getting triggered over the name of the person posting it doesn't mean everyone hates it.

He's actually not a very good developer.

I find him arrogant and misguided on game philosophy. That's a deadly combination. I don't think his opinions need to be heard by anyone anywhere, much less on a game he abandoned long ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a bit biased, given that I've actually done some work with him in the past, and we're both developers of some form. Even though he doesn't work with Blizzard anymore, he does give a fair bit more insight than the current devs do. Some people are looking for information or answers, others are just baiting him, this is totally true. However the answers he gives sometimes do help people understand, and also realize that developers aren't gods.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Becoming annoying? They've always been annoying. Ghostcrawler is a smart and creative guy, but his tweets are kind of like an ex-gf bitching about a relationship from 4-5 years ago. Enough already.

I think you should stop being a whiny, self entitled brat and concerning yourself with things that don't matter. Ghostcrawler is the most recognizable developer WoW has ever had and will, his thoughts matter to a lot of people. Deal with it.

Rob Pardo was the best lead dev, the game's gone downhill ever since he stopped getting involved.

I feel they should be removed if they are just from twitter.
    However if they are actual questions answered by ghostcrawler from the mmo team then yea keep it.