Smart phasing/sharding/population import on Argus?

So I don't know if it's new with Argus (spent as little time as was possible on Borked Shore) but anyone noticed that when you arrive to world quest areas, especially rares, and you're alone, the game populates the area "for you"?
    I stood at Houndmaster Keraxx totally alone, Warframe was on CD, queued myself in the group finder, and boom, 4-5 people phased in at the rare (they didn't arrive, they just literally phased in fom thin air), without them being/joining in my group. Cool! (Not sure if queing has anything to do with it tho, because I looked for groups and there was none.)
    Or maybe I'm crazy and I started imagining things, you tell me.
    Last edited by Lei; 2017-09-26 at 07:30 AM.

they probably just server-hopped

probably someone near you had a group in the que that just filled up

Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    So I don't know if it's new with Argus (spent as little time as was possible on Borked Shore) but anyone noticed that when you arrive to world quest areas, especially rares, and you're alone, the game populates the area "for you"?
    I stood at Houndmaster Keraxx totally alone, Warframe was on CD, queued myself in the group finder, and boom, 4-5 people phased in at the rare (they didn't arrive, they just literally phased in fom thin air), without them being/joining in my group. Cool! (Not sure if queing has anything to do with it tho, because I looked for groups and there was none.)
    No, thats addons.

Quote Originally Posted by faithbane View Post
    probably someone near you had a group in the que that just filled up
    Quote Originally Posted by Theleri View Post
    they probably just server-hopped
    Did you read my post, like at all? I was all alone there. It was early morning, didn't even meet anyone on the way there, and stood in his room alone for like 20-30 sec with open group finder and nobody joining into my group.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea have had this happen.
    No complaints here it makes the boss burn down quicker.
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    No, thats addons.
    Hm, could be but this has happened multiple times and it was not just 1-2 people but 4-5 all of a sudden. Different realms as well. The fact that I can't reproduce it all the time (wanted to make a short video, just stood at Tereck all alone for 2-3 mins, nothing happened) suggests me that you are right.

Hm, could be but this has happened multiple times and it was not just 1-2 people but 4-5 all of a sudden. Different realms as well. The fact that I can't reproduce it all the time (wanted to make a short video, just stood at Tereck all alone for 2-3 mins, nothing happened) suggests me that you are right.
    World quest group finder helps you do this.
    Now, I'm sure Blizzards system is trying to populate realms that are empty but I haven't seen it be this smart about it.
    Seems to be that you usually siwtch phases when you're in low mob/quest density zones to avoid players actually seeing that they are being moved.

I don't actually know how it works, of course.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think something happened or maybe Blizzard is trying something new because I see lately more and more people from big english servers on my german server, especially in the early morning hours like today.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Stealthed player in corner uses addon to start a group. It populates rapidly, people appear. Or the leader of the group dips and the new leader pulls the group to your area.
    Once again. I was looking for groups for that rare and there was none. Nada. Zero. Zilch. I'm using 3 different addons that looks for possible groups: Handynotes_Argus, Argus Elite Tracker and World Quest Tracker built in group finder.

World quest group finder helps you do this.
    Now, I'm sure Blizzards system is trying to populate realms that are empty but I haven't seen it be this smart about it.
    Seems to be that you usually siwtch phases when you're in low mob/quest density zones to avoid players actually seeing that they are being moved.

I don't actually know how it works, of course.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but no addon can pull people from dirrefent connected realms to mine without someone initiating a group from my realm. Zero groups were in the group finder, zero people in the room, 4-5 people from different realms showed up all at once. I was alone in my queued group, the only group for that rare.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but no addon can pull people from dirrefent connected realms to mine without someone initiating a group from my realm. Zero groups were in the group finder, zero people in the room, 4-5 people from different realms showed up all at once. I was alone in my queued group, the only group for that rare.
    No, that should not be possible but these addons creat groups by themselves. Not sure what names they give groups or what they are sorted under but you don't have to be in the immediate area to form a group. You just click it and you might have a full group befor you're even at the boss.

No, that should not be possible but these addons creat groups by themselves. Not sure what names they give groups or what they are sorted under but you don't have to be in the immediate area to form a group. You just click it and you might have a full group befor you're even at the boss.
    Which begs the question: why would anyone create groups for rares which they won't be able to kill themselves? I can see that MAYBE it was a failed troll group because the rare happened to be up buuuuut... unlikely.
    It's really subtle btw, thanks to the group finder you would not notice people suddenly appear on your realm, but it is apparent when you are all alone and people just pop up from nothing.

I'm not saying that you are wrong or I am right, but there is a new tech in the invasions as well, where you get to put with people from all different realms together, organically. Wouldn't surprise me if that was the case on Argus too.

Which begs the question: why would anyone create groups for rares which they won't be able to kill themselves? I can see that MAYBE it was a failed troll group because the rare happened to be up buuuuut... unlikely.
    It's really subtle btw, thanks to the group finder you would not notice people suddenly appear on your realm, but it is apparent when you are all alone and people just pop up from nothing.

I'm not saying that you are wrong or I am right, but there is a new tech in the invasions as well, where you get to put with people from all different realms together, organically. Wouldn't surprise me if that was the case on Argus too.
    Maybe, I just haven't see that happen.
    I play on a rather populated server however.