Poll: Who Would Win?!

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jorah View Post
    Like i said orcs had more number. Plus dragons, warlocks from Shadow Council, trolls.

Besides before retcon Lothar was ambushed and zerged. Blizzard retconed their duel because it was unhonorable for orcs...

- - - Updated - - -

Why people always overpowering Goldrinn blessing? Its only gives him stamina. Without it Varian still have swordsmanship, speed, reflexes and tactical skill.
    Humans had all human kingdoms except Peneolde betrayed them + dwarves on griffins and elves.

I guess only Stormwind fell cause of Blitzkrieg type of attack, but after that they weren't at disadvantage.
    Last edited by Dagoth Ur; 2017-09-25 at 04:46 PM.

Deleted
    Like i said orcs had more number. Plus dragons, warlocks from Shadow Council, trolls.

Besides before retcon Lothar was ambushed and zerged. Blizzard retconed their duel because it was unhonorable for orcs...

- - - Updated - - -

Why people always overpowering Goldrinn blessing? Its only gives him stamina. Without it Varian still have swordsmanship, speed, reflexes and tactical skill.
    Because it does not only mean stamina boost.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleJin View Post
    Because it does not only mean stamina boost.
    It is. Read for yourself.

In combat, Varian is renowned for his brutal strength, speed, and lightning reflexes. Garona Halforcen has compared fighting him to that of fighting two men at once. With the blessing of Goldrinn's spirit, he has even been shown to never tire in combat and have his senses heightened. Those that have seen him in combat describe his fighting style like that of a wolf. Varian can quickly take notice of an enemy's vulnerability and take advantage of it. He has also been shown to lure his foes into a sense of complacency and see them undone by the trap or ambush he has set up.

Deleted
    It is. Read for yourself.

In combat, Varian is renowned for his brutal strength, speed, and lightning reflexes. Garona Halforcen has compared fighting him to that of fighting two men at once. With the blessing of Goldrinn's spirit, he has even been shown to never tire in combat and have his senses heightened. Those that have seen him in combat describe his fighting style like that of a wolf. Varian can quickly take notice of an enemy's vulnerability and take advantage of it. He has also been shown to lure his foes into a sense of complacency and see them undone by the trap or ambush he has set up.
    It is not. As the bolded text says.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleJin View Post
    It is not. As the bolded text says.
    I don't know how better hearing or sharp - sightedness will help in close melee combat. If Varian confronted ranged or shadow type of enemy i found agree, but in melee fight he has only use of stamina from Goldrinn's Blessing.

Deleted
    I don't know how better hearing or sharp - sightedness will help in close melee combat. If Varian confronted ranged or shadow type of enemy i found agree, but in melee fight he has only use of stamina from Goldrinn's Blessing.
    Hand-eye coordination, reflexes, strength, ability to spot weak points and many more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Killrogg was old as fuck IIRC tho.
    Plus, ironically enough, the whole reason for why Kilrogg lost is the obvious blind side due to having no left eye.

Danath also not young boy ROFL. To be honest i expected Danath to show up in WoD and see rematch between them.
    Danath would have hardly won that, considered how for our Danath those 30 years passed where AU Kilrogg was just as old as his 30 years-long dead counterpart.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Quote Originally Posted by omeomorfismo View Post
    mannoroth didnt let his guard down, grom destroyed his spear used to parry, shield and belly in a single blow.
    and bigger=easier to hit. even more if the felreaver was grabbing the flying machine. still varian didnt oneshotted but needed an additional lunge to kill.

simply varian dont have the strenght of grom, meanwhile grommash has a lot more experience that isnt even comparable. a life in war both in draenor (environment, ogres, mak'roga, other clans) and azeroth against some years of being a gladiator, onyxia, skirmishes with horde and war in northrend/soo.

finally varian can be "tiny" but he still need to be melee being in fullplate. if grom can easily destroy demonic plates think what he can do with human's armor.
    Mannoroth certainly did let his guard down in both fights he lost. He did not really expect Grom to seriously be a threat to him. Grom would not stand a chance if Mannoroth have come 100% aware of the possibility of defeat. No warrior would defeat Mannoroth in that condition on average. Mannoroth had mastery over many magical ablities that simply were too much of an advantage. Look at Grom vs Gul'Dan in WoD.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by epLe View Post
    Lol, Varian got bested first by some random level <20 defias npcs, then by some random orc.

Grom would decimate him without breaking a sweat.
    Grom was captured by footmen who could have killed him in a very anti-climatic fashion. Powerful characters are not all-powerful.
    Last edited by Wildmoon; 2017-09-26 at 02:12 AM.

Deleted
    One is a crispy corpse in a hand made of stone and the other is a puddle of green goo.

Tie!

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    One is a crispy corpse in a hand made of stone and the other is a puddle of green goo.

Tie!
    That's lil Hellscream. Papa Hellscream is a skeleton buried apperantly in demonsfall
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Deleted
    That's lil Hellscream. Papa Hellscream is a skeleton buried apperantly in demonsfall
    My bad, somehow I had Garrosh on my mind because he actually faced off with Varian.

There is still the pig nosed version of his dad on alternate Draenor I guess, but is that still canon?

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    My bad, somehow I had Garrosh on my mind because he actually faced off with Varian.

There is still the pig nosed version of his dad on alternate Draenor I guess, but is that still canon?
    He just shouts "Draenor is free" and instantly wins.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Deleted
    He just shouts "Draenor is free" and instantly wins.
    And all was forgiven

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Velvet View Post
    Varian who? The fuccboi who got disenchanted by Gul'dan? Vs. the one that cleaved Mannaroth's skull in two?

Yeah I'll take Grom any second of the week.
    HAHAHAHA made my morning lollll

Cenarius was stronger than Goldrinn.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Grom would win this easily as he has twice the power of Varian.

Besides, Varian is a boring Mary Sue and shouldn't be taken seriously. He was only created as a counter to Thrall, they even have the same backstory: gladiator turned warrior, found magical power and became leader of their race. Wow, so original. It's pathetic.

And all because of Alliance crybabies whining about Thrall, they wanted a Thrall of their own. Those same Alliance crybabies are now probably voting Varian. What a joke.

For the record, the book Day of the Dragon states 1 Orc Grunt is equal to 2 Human Footman. It makes sense due to the size difference, have you seen the muscles on an Orc? So it makes sense that the same applies to heroes of a race, like Grom compared to Varian. Grom would be equal to 2 Varians.

Quote Originally Posted by Daronokk View Post
    Grom would win this easily as he has twice the power of Varian.

Besides, Varian is a boring Mary Sue and shouldn't be taken seriously. He was only created as a counter to Thrall, they even have the same backstory: gladiator turned warrior, found magical power and became leader of their race. Wow, so original. It's pathetic.

And all because of Alliance crybabies whining about Thrall, they wanted a Thrall of their own. Those same Alliance crybabies are now probably voting Varian. What a joke.

For the record, the book Day of the Dragon states 1 Orc Grunt is equal to 2 Human Footman. It makes sense due to the size difference, have you seen the muscles on an Orc? So it makes sense that the same applies to heroes of a race, like Grom compared to Varian. Grom would be equal to 2 Varians.
    That's all debatable. Mists of Pandaria shows a random human, not a known titular character at all easily holding his own against an Orc. The Orc was still bigger, of course, but the human wasn't a toothpick and built on his own right. If every human on Azeroth is built like Brock Lesnar, which they look like they are, or most anyway, it's not beyond the realm of reason to think a human that knows how to fight can whip an Orc.
    Last edited by Kyphael; 2019-11-19 at 06:32 PM. Reason: Typo

Grom has raw strength, but Varian has the agility and skill to evade Grom's attacks.

Speed > strength.

My vote "For the Hellscream"
    I won’t even write the characters defeated by Grommash.
    In literature ("Beyond of the Dark Portal" and "Chronicles 3") it has been indicated many times that Grommash is the most skilled warrior (the opinion of Fenris Wolfbrother, the leader of the Thunderlords Clan). In the Chronicles Volume 3, it was directly written that Grommash and his clan are the greatest warriors of the Horde. Let me remind you that among the legends of the Horde warriors such personalities as: Broxigar, Orgrim, Blackhand, Varok Saurfang, Kargath.
    And if Grommash really surpasses all these legendary warriors, then he is the strongest mortal warrior and he will certainly defeat Varian Wrynn.

15+ Year Old Account
    Im an Alliance player but he's no match for Grom...