View Poll Results: Time to remove Ghostcrawler tweets from front page news?

Voters
726. This poll is closed
  • Yes

371 51.10%
  • No

355 48.90%
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    He might be great at discussing in game mechanical stuff with but his communication skills where not great. Its not professional to loose your temper when dealing with customers. Its just not. Anyone who says otherwise has no idea about customer service
    I don't remember him losing his temper, he was at worst sarcastic. And this excuse "you need to be impeccable even when facing drooling morons who throw insults at you and twist whatever you say" is something I don't subscribe to. I expect respect and professionalism as a customer, but I also expect customers to behave adequately.

MMO champion newsfeed outside new patches and blizzcon has been dogshit since curse bought out the site and boub left. Its gone further downhill since twitch acwuired curse

Ads ads ads ads.

Oh and totally impartial mods that dont flamebait

Then again i would rather listen to ghostcrawler then Blizzards mascot chia pet Lore anyday

Completely incompetence runs the site. Unable to handle the nightly spam threads and the bile of threads created by members
    Last edited by anaxie; 2017-09-26 at 02:29 PM.

Well he was inside and now he is not constraint to spill the beans on inside stories. I do not underestand why some people would get mad at some info, just ignore it if you don't like it.

I voted yes but it's not really a problem having them, you can just not read them as people said here. If they annoy you, you have other problems you have to solve imo

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    However the answers he gives sometimes do help people understand, and also realize that developers aren't gods.
    Insights specific to WoW ended a long time ago, his answers have been very generic for years. Generic answers also tend to be repetitive. Because they are generic. And because the questions are repetitive as well.

Not sure his tweets are worth copying for so long. Give the guy a rest. Otherwise an increasing number of the posters will just start to hate him and I don't think he deserves it.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm also not sure why we keep giving him attention. If Kaplan left Blizzard tomorrow would MMO-Champion feature his tweets on the front page even though his knowledge of and ideas about MMOs is archaic and has no place in the modern MMO market?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    I don't remember him losing his temper, he was at worst sarcastic. And this excuse "you need to be impeccable even when facing drooling morons who throw insults at you and twist whatever you say" is something I don't subscribe to. I expect respect and professionalism as a customer, but I also expect customers to behave adequately.
    Ofcourse you do. And if they dont you can walk away, ban them or whatever depending on the situation. What you can never do is stoop to their level. OBviously he hasnt gone full on rage mode. But some of his comments have definitely been on the salty/derogatory side.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    I'd rather hear people like Bashiok at this point.
    The only good thing Bashiok has ever said was him annoucing that Diablo 3 will be more like on of those shitty Shyamalan movies compared to The Sixth Sense which was Diablo 2.

Ofcourse you do. And if they dont you can walk away, ban them or whatever depending on the situation. What you can never do is stoop to their level. OBviously he hasnt gone full on rage mode. But some of his comments have definitely been on the salty/derogatory side.
    And that's fine by me, as long as it's justified. And it generally is.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    And that's fine by me, as long as it's justified. And it generally is.
    Thing is you arent the one he answers too. THats just not how it works my young friend

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    It's annoying because the people who want his posts on the front page are the same guys that whine about those that want classic realms, so they're just as bad because they're just as stuck in the past as the Nostalrius gang.

Ghostcrawler hasn't been relevant ever since he quit Blizzard, and it's about fucking time we leave it be. They can go follow his twitter or dev tracker if they want to see his posts.
    I'd literally take a sponsored ad over Ghostcrawler's posts any day now. I do like the guy, but I'd rather have them put up an ad or ACTUAL BLIZZARD EMPLOYEE TWEETS instead of a guy who quit like 100 years ago.

The ones who vote no are just trolling at this point.

- - - Updated - - -

Or we're just not idiots who are stuck years in the past?
    I'd say his input is relevant as he pretty much formed the game as we know it. I don't care, but all I'm seeing is a whiny bunch of posters who get angry over nothing.

You have no power over what Chaud and others post at the news. mmo-c Isnt a democracy.

Quote Originally Posted by rpdrichard View Post
    I see a thread a couple of weeks ago about this topic, but it lacked something very important: A poll.

When he worked for Blizz or when he just left, what he said had actually some relevance so I didn´t mind knowing what he had to say, but now it's completely pointless. I would follow him on his social media if I actually cared for what he has to say which I don´t.

I'd like to know what others think.
    His tweets usually show a pretty interesting point of view from the developer, something he couldn't have done while working on WoW. He is an experianced engineer, knows what works and what doesn't in video games, and is able to explain many design decisions. So what if he isn't working with Blizzard anymore, reading his posts might stop people from thinking they KNOW what is best for the game, and actually see how design decisions come to pass.

For me, I love the fact those are on the front page, always something to think about. I'm an aspiring game dev myself, so every bit helps. His post about "Sandbox" vs "Themepark" design was really interesting and should be read by more people who think that "more sandbox content" is always a benefit to the game and the players.

Quote Originally Posted by Priestiality View Post
    You know even with the "farthest fall" it currently has more subscribers than any of the multitude of "WoW killer" MMOs that have come out in the past 12 years had at their peaks, right?
    the only game thats killing wow is its developers. Sorry but your going to have to accept one day and realize that this game is in decline and has been since cata. Everyone but blizzard and its playerbase seems to see it. One day you will realize it as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah your stats absolutely makes sense.

1 guy dislikes him. Everyone else loves him.

As i said in another post.

- There are tonnes of devs who worked on wow that no longer work on it.
    - The questions he answers are always loaded and most of the time his anwers are semi-salty about wow.
    - There is a reason he never speaks publicly about LoL. He has been told not to, because most of what he says is rude or derogatory
    He speaks about LoL all the time... Have you ever actually visited the page this stuff comes from, or do you think MMOC posts everything he answers? He talks about League far more than he talks about WoW, it's just not posted here because it's not WoW related, or even MMO related for that matter.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2017-09-26 at 05:01 PM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Deleted
    The Ghostcock posts were annoying and something completely irrelevant to the game since they started posting them.

I ignored them since the start, but I do wonder who's sucking his cock from the MMO-C staff. It's quite obvious it's not just "insight from old developers", because it's quite clearly just his.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by George Costanza View Post
    You have no power over what Chaud and others post at the news. mmo-c Isnt a democracy.
    Just feels weird having some random person's thoughts being posted as news.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Darkener View Post
    The Ghostcock posts were annoying and something completely irrelevant to the game since they started posting them.

I ignored them since the start, but I do wonder who's sucking his cock from the MMO-C staff. It's quite obvious it's not just "insight from old developers", because it's quite clearly just his.

- - - Updated - - -

It's not a random person, he shaped the game as we know it.

10+ Year Old Account
    He writes about game design more than WoW. That's interesting to some people.

Skip over them.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Not understanding why people are so butthurt over maybe a paragraph or two of text that can very easily be skipped and ignored.. x_x

Quote Originally Posted by The Darkener View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Are you mad about something he did or something? why would you call him Ghostcock?

seems abit immature.