Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ogait View Post
    Class Mounts count as "Mounts" for the achievement?
    I mean, it'll only had (at max) 3 mounts to the achievement counter, since that's the max you'll be able to ride on one class (Rogue, for example).
    All class mounts count as account-wide, even though you can't use them on a different class (they added a new check to the mount tab called "Unusable" to hide these and opposing faction mounts). Having all class mounts (except druid, since theirs doesn't go in the mount tab) counts for a total of 21 mounts for your collection.

Quote Originally Posted by Banard View Post
    Traditional Blizzard didn't add so many mounts in a expansion before, as i said i got over 100 mounts since legion started. I got my 300 ach in may 2016.
    I beg to differ, MoP added both 150 and 200 mounts, even though 150 was achievable since Cata, I think, or in any case you could get really close. And Legion only added a lot of mounts in 7.2 and 7.3, it started out with very few, so 350 wasn't technically obtainable at launch unless you padded your numbers with store mounts.

Anyway, your reasoning against a 350 mounts achievement is extremely weak and sounds like nothing more than edgy posturing. Every collector achievement from 50 to 300 is easy to get now, that doesn't mean they shouldn't be there.

10+ Year Old Account
    1. Let any mount count toward the total

2. Add rewards for 350,400,450 AND 500

3. New rewards are unique and NOT a recolor.

Everyone wins

Quote Originally Posted by Coconut View Post

I beg to differ, MoP added both 150 and 200 mounts, even though 150 was achievable since Cata, I think, or in any case you could get really close. And Legion only added a lot of mounts in 7.2 and 7.3, it started out with very few, so 350 wasn't technically obtainable at launch unless you padded your numbers with store mounts.

Anyway, your reasoning against a 350 mounts achievement is extremely weak and sounds like nothing more than edgy posturing. Every collector achievement from 50 to 300 is easy to get now, that doesn't mean they shouldn't be there.
    ummm ....wasn't referring to achievements was referring to the total mounts added during a expansion. What you people fail to realize is legion has added more mounts then any other expansion and that should be represented in the next achievement. I remember working towards 150....200 and even 300. I got 300 in May 2016 and there very little mount left i could farm at the time.

A little over a year later i have 404 mounts with a significant amount left to collect FROM THIS EXPANSION. It was an achievement in WoD to have 300. It is not an achievement in legion to have 350.....400 sure..but this would be the first time in the history of these achievements i automatically got one when it was released. I always had to work on getting that last little bit to get the ach.

Quote Originally Posted by Banard View Post
    ummm ....wasn't referring to achievements was referring to the total mounts added during a expansion. What you people fail to realize is legion has added more mounts then any other expansion and that should be represented in the next achievement. I remember working towards 150....200 and even 300. I got 300 in May 2016 and there very little mount left i could farm at the time.

A little over a year later i have 404 mounts with a significant amount left to collect FROM THIS EXPANSION. It was an achievement in WoD to have 300. It is not an achievement in legion to have 350.....400 sure..but this would be the first time in the history of these achievements i automatically got one when it was released. I always had to work on getting that last little bit to get the ach.
    I got both 150 and 250 automatically.

If you are above 404 now, the question is how many of those are from outside the game or discontinued? I'm above 360, with an easy way to 375 and maybe even 380+, this counting 10 or more unobtainable mounts and 2 or 3 bought ones (I believe the Blizzcon ones count as two across factions). Counting only in game mounts, I would have to get pretty much everything to get 400.

Otherwise I should ask if you are counting 404 from your mount tab or your statistics. Because the tab is counting both horde and alliance mounts and shows a higher total.

I don't understand why they take so long to add mount achievs, because when they do, it's just a recolor that has been in the game files for some time. I'm at 372 mounts(statistics tab, not mount tab) with a lot of easy to farm/get mounts, so 400 is not that far. Are they waiting us to get 500 mounts before they add an achiev for 350? And at least once I hope we get something unique, but deep down I know it won't happen.

With the new influx of mounts from Argus and the fact that all class mounts for the overall collection, it has become fairly easy for mount aficionados to push past 350, and by the end of the expansion it will no doubt be possible to reach 400 exclusively with mounts that are available in game (it might be theoretically possible already). I hope Blizzard will take note of this and release some new achievements in the near future.

What rewards would you like to see for these achievements? Unless they have something completely new in store for us, which would be really nice, here's my list of potential candidates:

1. The original Warlords Chimera - this is an amazing model, very reminiscent of the scaly chimeras from Warcraft III. It's a real shame it hasn't made it into the game so far, and a unique and exotic reward for mount collectors would be a great way to add it in (unless they plan some future content where they will make more extensive use of it).

2. A dread Roc, in Alliance and Horde colors. This model uses the same skeleton as the dread ravens and skyscreamers, so it would work perfectly as a mount. Looks incredibly awesome as well - the only problem with using them for collector achievement rewards is, well... I'd like to see the other colors added in as well. That, and the fact that they are still missing saddles.

3. An albino Mana Ray (although the Teal is very cool as well), provided they fix the size and animation issues with them.

4. A storm Drake - potentially Green for Horde (Forsaken-style) and Blue for Alliance. Not the most inspired choice, but they are cool new models, and the other drake colors deserve to be in game besides the Valarj'ar.

5. An Ivory or Icy Cloud Serpent. Really nice models, should be in game, but then again we had a Cloud Serpent at 300, so they might not be the best choice.

6. An Infernal recolor. They're cool and I'd like to see all three remaining ones in game, so I'd take one of them from a mount collecting achievements, but they might not be the best fit since they are ground mounts only.

7. A toucan. Yes, I still want a toucan mount. Slap a colorful tribal saddle on a giant toucan and let it carry us with its little wings. It would be freaking amazing. Don't skimp on the size, either. Make it large enough that a troll can ride it without looking silly... don't spoil my dream!
    I would like to see something akin to the judgement mount that they recently gave in Heroes of the Storm while giving a crappy cat mount in game.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Quote Originally Posted by Ogait View Post
    Class Mounts count as "Mounts" for the achievement?
    I mean, it'll only had (at max) 3 mounts to the achievement counter, since that's the max you'll be able to ride on one class (Rogue, for example).
    Paladins have 4 class mounts you can get total.
    The base one, and then one for each spec for unlocking Concordance.

All class mounts count as account-wide, even though you can't use them on a different class (they added a new check to the mount tab called "Unusable" to hide these and opposing faction mounts). Having all class mounts (except druid, since theirs doesn't go in the mount tab) counts for a total of 21 mounts for your collection.
    They show up on the collection yes, but I don't think they count still towards the achievement progress, since it requires the mounts be usable by the character you are logged onto. Hence why Horde mounts won't count if you're on an Alliance character. And why people will get mount achievements when they log from like, a druid to a warlock or paladin.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Paladins have 4 class mounts you can get total.
    The base one, and then one for each spec for unlocking Concordance.

They show up on the collection yes, but I don't think they count still towards the achievement progress, since it requires the mounts be usable by the character you are logged onto. Hence why Horde mounts won't count if you're on an Alliance character. And why people will get mount achievements when they log from like, a druid to a warlock or paladin.
    They are counted towards your achievement. In total you can get +21, I believe, mounts for your count towards any of the mount achievements from class mounts introduced in 7.2. Personally, I don't have any real way of knowing whether it adds to the total myself as I'm well beyond 400 mounts. But I do know of many other people who reported getting the 300 mount achievement after getting say, a Rogue class mount then switching to their Paladin to increase the total.
    Main toon: Priest
    Alts: Rogue, Druid and Paladin plus many, many more.

Quote Originally Posted by Farath View Post
    They are counted towards your achievement. In total you can get +21, I believe, mounts for your count towards any of the mount achievements from class mounts introduced in 7.2. Personally, I don't have any real way of knowing whether it adds to the total myself as I'm well beyond 400 mounts. But I do know of many other people who reported getting the 300 mount achievement after getting say, a Rogue class mount then switching to their Paladin to increase the total.
    I'll have to check later, but the achievement shouldn't work that way, since it specifically says "Usable by a single character".

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Not all players are mount farmers. Just because you ppl in this thread are, doesn't mean the majority is also. Kinda like raiders.
    /spit@Blizzard

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    Not all players are mount farmers. Just because you ppl in this thread are, doesn't mean the majority is also. Kinda like raiders.
    Well, those people wont get the achievement? Where is the problem?

These arguments that "not everyone is a mount farmer" or "because not everyone has that many mounts" makes absolutely no sense. An achievement is supposed to be there as a goal, something to look forward while doing your hardcore/casual farm or not, it doesn't matter.

Again, there's no reason to take this long to add something so simple into the game. I would only understand if every mount achievement rewarded a unique mount, but that was NEVER the case and will never be, they will never make a mount model exclusive to one of these achievements. So stop being lazzy blizz and just add something already.

Deleted
    There's a few people in this thread saying that 300 mounts is an easy achievement. You're wrong and you need to realize just how small a percentage you are in if you have over 300. The percentage of people with 300 mounts is tiny. It's NOT an easy achievement.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ausername25 View Post
    There's a few people in this thread saying that 300 mounts is an easy achievement. You're wrong and you need to realize just how small a percentage you are in if you have over 300. The percentage of people with 300 mounts is tiny. It's NOT an easy achievement.
    Actually, it is partially an easy achievement to get now. Especially with more and more mounts coming out with every single patch. In WoD yes, it was hard to get.

I'm seeing a crap ton more people with the 300 achieve every single day.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Misspirate View Post
    Actually, it is partially an easy achievement to get now. Especially with more and more mounts coming out with every single patch. In WoD yes, it was hard to get.

I'm seeing a crap ton more people with the 300 achieve every single day.
    Only made easier by the 7.3 mounts. I think you greatly over estimate the general public and their mount count.

Quote Originally Posted by Ausername25 View Post
    Only made easier by the 7.3 mounts. I think you greatly over estimate the general public and their mount count.
    The pinnacle mount achievements were never added for the general public to get straight away, it's a reward for those who are dedicated and something for others to strive towards later on.
    Main toon: Priest
    Alts: Rogue, Druid and Paladin plus many, many more.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Farath View Post
    The pinnacle mount achievements were never added for the general public to get straight away, it's a reward for those who are dedicated and something for others to strive towards later on.
    Well exactly. I've only got 290 now (and that's thanks to the 7.3 mounts). I'll be damned if anyone is going to tell me that 300 is an easy achievement when I spend most of my time grinding to increase the number by +1. Anyone with well over 300 mounts is an insane farmer. That's not meant to be offensive. Well done to you. But you are an insane farmer if you have that many mounts.

Edit: or are insanely lucky and don't even consider the solar firehawk to be rare.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MakeMeLaugh View Post
    These arguments that "not everyone is a mount farmer" or "because not everyone has that many mounts" makes absolutely no sense. An achievement is supposed to be there as a goal, something to look forward while doing your hardcore/casual farm or not, it doesn't matter.

Again, there's no reason to take this long to add something so simple into the game. I would only understand if every mount achievement rewarded a unique mount, but that was NEVER the case and will never be, they will never make a mount model exclusive to one of these achievements. So stop being lazzy blizz and just add something already.
    WoW is a game for the masses (MMO, anyone?). If Blizzard sees that this achievement is for a small percentage of their players, they have no reason to introduce it, just for the sake of it. There are enough stages for this achievement already. Maybe next expansion.
    /spit@Blizzard

Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    WoW is a game for the masses (MMO, anyone?). If Blizzard sees that this achievement is for a small percentage of their players, they have no reason to introduce it, just for the sake of it. There are enough stages for this achievement already. Maybe next expansion.
    WoW is a game for the masses, if blizz sees that only a small percentage of the players raid mythic, there's no reason to introduce more raids with mythic difficulty just for the sake of it.

Yea you are right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MakeMeLaugh View Post
    WoW is a game for the masses, if blizz sees that only a small percentage of the players raid mythic, there's no reason to introduce more raids with mythic difficulty just for the sake of it.

Yea you are right.
    Not to mention glad mounts, which an even smaller percentage even earn. Or multiple achievements.

Those of us that work hard for mount collecting should be rewarded, it's incredibly shitty that those that don't are selfish enough to say we shouldn't be. It doesn't affect people any if they don't get the new mount achievements asap; it'll give those behind a goal to work towards, while those of us who have put in the effort and time will get it right away.

Considering that world first is at what.. 440? We are incredibly behind. We definitely need a 350 achieve, as well as a 400 (which yes not many are at, but provides a goal). Then 450 next expansion.