Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Under Your Spell View Post
    Eating two slices of pizza isn't going to make someone fat, dude.
    eating 2 slices of pizza once a month sure wont make someone fat

eating 2 slices of pizza 5 days a week for couple of years will make one as fat as a pig

nutrition and good eating habits is extremly important for kids - truth be told school should ban pizza completly from its menu

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    And in Japan they have an egg and mayo pizza that they call American that would actually GAG most Americans. What is your point?
    Wow... Is that really a thing?

It's kind of funny, Europeans always like to complain about us Americans being completely stupid about other cultures (Which I agree, has some merit. The large size and population, mixed with a powerful economy and multiple cultures of its own, means that many US citizens have very limited interactions with foreign cultures.) But it's kind of silly when they often show their own ignorance of American culture, by doing things like using fries or mayo as toppings and call it American.
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    WoW is ending soon. Mark my words right here right now.
    They're shifting to a Diablo MMO and putting World of Warcraft on hold for the moment/a while.
    Prophet tikcol at your disposal any day, any time.
    Spoken by the great prophet on 6/29/17

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa...hool-1.4302201

Great to see. We need to enforce nutritional guidelines at a young age. Get these kids used to it.

When I was doing errands on the weekend I came across this really overweight kid who must have been around 6. I couldn't believe my eyes. What were his parents feeding him exactly..
    Yes government force is always the best way to deal with a problem.

Now they just need to stop parents from feeding their kids a load of bullshit on a daily basis, maybe that would actually make a difference.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alduron View Post
    Never met ANYONE that would order a pizza topped with fries.
    Well.. If it's on the menu, it must mean, someone orders it..

Especially since it was in every place, not just one..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Deleted
    And in Japan they have an egg and mayo pizza that they call American that would actually GAG most Americans. What is your point?
    I don't see how may would bring ANYTHING to a pizza. But an egg really isn't that weird.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan92084 View Post
    Make more nutritionally sound pizza?
    Give the kids some fruit at least, put pinapples on the pizza.

Depends if you are above your cal intake you will get fat tbh. I burn around 4k-4,5k cals a day when i am working. So ye it wont get me fat that easily. But when i do all day nothing i burn around 2300 without the use of clen. its all about counting and burning.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Personally I despise the use of the word slice to describe a piece of pizza anyway. Its factually inaccurate. You slice a loaf of bread, tomato, cucumber or ham, you dont slice a pizza, you cut it into pieces. Thats why good pizza shops call them cuts (eg, 12 cuts of pizza)
    In crazy Orlong land perhaps

I would hate to see the pizza that could create a slice to sate someone of your size. I'm 6'2 (not that height has ANYTHING to do with this) and I can kill a large pizza and still be hungry 3 hours later. My record in one sitting, if you've ever heard of or been to the place called CiCi's, it's an all-you-can-eat pizza place, but the slices are tiny...I ate 97 slices back when I was 16 or so, and the manager came out and cut me off. It was over the course of about 4 hours, we were playing MTG at the tables and just kept ordering more pizzas. Apparently the workers in the back started keeping track after I killed the 6th pizza. I was 6'0 and 110 lbs back then, a fucking beanpole. I could wrap my hands around my lower ribs.

This whole health craze in school is fucking stupid. They aren't basing it on the students rather apparently. What an adult needs vs what a kid needs is nowhere near the same. If the kids are getting obese because of what they are eating at school, it means the school's extracurricular/PE activities are lackluster, and THOSE need to be rectified before they start thinking about cutting back on what they're feeding students.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, pizza hut serves fries lol. Only place I know of though.
    I eat there often. Never once seen it ordered. Also seems to be the o ly one out of the big franchises with it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    Erm I figured that what I was saying when I said its ridiculous?
    Then I did read it wrong, it sounded like you were implying that "10 treats a year" is not enough. Sorry mate ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Antiganon View Post
    Not in terms of pizza served in a cafeteria. In my experience, you have about a 50/50 chance of getting

or this:
    No way you're getting a Sicilian pie. You're getting this:

Most nutritional information is nonsense anyway. It's designed usually around a recommended daily intake for men or women (but not always broken down to male vs female). Just how do you distinguish based on gender alone what the intake should be since you are ignoring age, muscle mass, bone mass, height and any existing health conditions. Nutritional information is a guideline not a set of rules that fits all people under all conditions.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan92084 View Post
    Make more nutritionally sound pizza?
    ^ This is my biggest peeve with this. You can make pizza about as healthy or unhealthy as you want - the problem isn't pizza or even gluttony. It's that NA schools often serve the least healthy pizza possible, and don't give kids anything else to round it out. Make a really good pizza and you could pretty much eat that every day. You should also round out your meals a bit, throw some broccoli on the side or something too.

Or how about some MF'ing Kale?!

Last edited by Yvaelle; 2017-09-26 at 04:32 PM.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor With a Saber View Post
    Germany,Italy,England,Canada,Greece,Australia etc etc. So nice try at being a troll, dont quote me i dont want spam.
    So you have a source for what gave you the idea that all of these countries head towards "a Musso,Mao,Stalin etc government"?

- - - Updated - - -

This whole health craze in school is fucking stupid. They aren't basing it on the students rather apparently. What an adult needs vs what a kid needs is nowhere near the same. If the kids are getting obese because of what they are eating at school, it means the school's extracurricular/PE activities are lackluster, and THOSE need to be rectified before they start thinking about cutting back on what they're feeding students.
    But that would cost more money instead of less, and the purpose of this is to make money, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    ^ This is my biggest peeve with this. You can make pizza about as healthy or unhealthy as you want - the problem isn't pizza or even gluttony. It's that NA schools often serve the least healthy pizza possible, and don't give kids anything else to round it out. Make a really good pizza and you could pretty much eat that every day. You should also round out your meals a bit, throw some broccoli on the side or something too.

Or how about some MF'ing Kale?!

That thing in the middle is frightening.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    You are a carbon copy of what you long so hard to fight in the streets. An extremist. Someone so desperate for strife to prove you are the ubermensch, err, Real American.

Alt lite. Sounds like you're having an alt fright. Unable to sleep at alt night. Maybe you should relax and fly an alt kite. Go down to the diner for an alt bite. You shouldn't be treating people with alt spite. Eventually, everything will be alt right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Maybe so, but 1 slice is 12,5% of a meal..
    North American slices are massive. Way more than 12.5%.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I'm not sure how anyone would stop them, though. I often see overweight children and I 100% blame the parents, unless it's something medical that's making them fat, which isn't common. I think allowing your kids to be overweight should be considered child abuse. Even if a parent isn't home to monitor what their child eats, they can at least ensure that there is healthy options to choose from and not load their cabinets and fridge/freezer with shit.
    Pretty sure not being home to monitor what they eat is, you know, child abuse.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    No way you're getting a Sicilian pie. You're getting this:

I was referring to the square cut being a much smaller slice of pizza than a typical wedge shaped slice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Woods View Post
    LOL never change guys. I guess you won't because conservatism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I do care what people on this forum think of me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    This site is amazing. It's comments like this, that make this site amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Antiganon View Post
    Pretty sure not being home to monitor what they eat is, you know, child abuse.
    So parents have to stay by their kids side every hour the kid is awake?

I remember the other day at our Fire Dept. Pork Chop feed one of my fellow members 4 year old son who if he is anything like his dad at 6'8" and probably 285lbs or so and healthy as all hell and built will be a big kid, he said the only thing he hated about Kindergarten is that he only got 1 piece of pizza. I laughed, but was like wow they really are trying to starve this little guy.