Poll: What you think?

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jorah View Post
    Back in Vanilla/TBC/WotLK when there weren't tmog system players with Tiers gear were easy to spot thanks to unique weapon and armor models. Now anyone can zerg mythic raids after new patch/expansion. But we still have rank PvP gear that have exclusive models. Doesn't its unfair? How about:

Make mythic level gear from raids usable for tmog only if person (account) have curve from clearing whole raid before next patch content hits.

What you think about it?
    I think that the Mythic raiders are the ones who will be wearing it during current content when it IS impressive, and they'll be moving on to next Mythic tier's armor once it's available if they care about showing it off while it's relevant content.

This is utterly unnecessary. A Mythic raider who actually gives a shit about showing off their current Mythic gear? They're not wearing the old sets anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Thargas28 View Post
    Why does this qq issue keep coming up.. "but random people won't know how awesome I am.."

Here's a fun fact; nobody cares about you or the gear you're wearing.
    And i don't give a fuck about such opinions?

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisxor View Post
    There are already guilds selling mythic TOS full clears. There have been for weeks now.
    Yea after release of 7.3 that bring a lot of cool free gear and raised AK level.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Where is the salt? Poor job of deflection there. I'll give you a solid 1/10 for trying at least.

So no effect on you. Why should it be gated then if it has 0 effect on you what someone else does with their transmog? Are you paying their subscription fee?

I mean at least @Shadowpunkz tried with their thread. All your response here to anyone who puts you in a corner because of your already poor argument is "triggered" or "salty".
    Like i need the assessment of my thread from you... Stop acting like i trying to rob you or i called your mom ugly with your hostile tone.

And i don't give a fuck about such opinions?

Yea after release of 7.3 that bring a lot of cool free gear and raised AK level.

Like i need the assessment of my thread from you... Stop acting like i trying to rob you or i called your mom ugly with your hostile tone.
    So nothing to actually discuss left? I asked you why should something that has 0 effect on you be gated?

If you believe that is hostile then you should not be in a public forum. If anything you getting all defensive because people gave actual debates to your poorly thought out topic is hostile.

This is a non-fucking issue conceived by another entitled brat.

Quote Originally Posted by MrMatticus View Post
    This is a non-fucking issue conceived by another entitled brat.
    Pretty much.

As I said people getting over dramatic about an issue that is actually a non issue in the game. Name me one disadvantage that me going back into an old Mythic tier for transmog has on the game.

Pretty much.

As I said people getting over dramatic about an issue that is actually a non issue in the game. Name me one disadvantage that me going back into an old Mythic tier for transmog has on the game.
    There isn't one.

Back in Vanilla/TBC/WotLK when there weren't tmog system players with Tiers gear were easy to spot thanks to unique weapon and armor models. Now anyone can zerg mythic raids after new patch/expansion. But we still have rank PvP gear that have exclusive models. Doesn't its unfair? How about:

Make mythic level gear from raids usable for tmog only if person (account) have curve from clearing whole raid before next patch content hits.

What you think about it?
    You misspelled cutting edge

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Probably the most important part of the thread.

Pretty much.

You getting cool looking tmog with no effort?

- - - Updated - - -

Oh yea my bad. Not Curve but Cutting Edge.

You getting cool looking tmog with no effort?
    And how does that affect you personally? You said it didn't but clearly it does now. Make up your mind. Does it affect you yes or no that I went back to HFC Mythic which is an out of date raid at 110 and got my Mythic Shaman set?

And cool is subjective. What you might find cool others may not. I personally think some Normal sets look way better than some Mythic sets.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-09-26 at 06:42 PM.

Deleted
    I wasn't going to post here but what da hell.

The problems with the current transmog system

-"Market" over flooded with old transmogs.
    There are always more old transmogs than new and that makes the new ones less probable to be cooler.
    Because "looks" are never outdated and is impossible to always make a better looking set than the previous one, means that the old transmogs are removing the epicness of newer/current ones.
    We have HUNDREDS of EPIC choices at our disposal from "easy to farm sources".

-If you have a cool transmog you like (from previous expansions) chances are you are spending an entire expansion without being excited about new items.

-Why farm, or even be excited about current transmogs when you can farm them easily next expansion? Why? Where is the "quest" for rare rewards?

-"Looks" are important for a lot of people (just look how transmog is popular) but with this system it's hard if not impossible to be excited about anything.
    Transmog done right were MOP's CM sets. Unique, exclusive, rare, epic quest, immersion, nerdgasm once you got them. A quest for everyone.
    Today? "Meh, i'll just wait out an expansion if i really want it" and "LoLz, i have hundreds of epic choices at my disposal and easy as f%#" to get, why bother?"

TLDR: The quest for "epic looks" is dead, and it's only there for Mythic Raiders to feel cool...until the next Expansion -_-
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2017-09-26 at 06:50 PM.

And how does that affect you personally? You said it didn't but clearly it does now. Make up your mind. Does it affect you yes or no that I went back to HFC Mythic which is an out of date raid at 110 and got my Mythic Shaman set?

And cool is subjective. What you might find cool others may not.
    I never said its affects me. But clearing mythic (the hardest content in game) raid should be rewarding in long run. Next patch hits and we grind new gear. The only thing as reward for getting through hardest content is achievement (title). Why PvP have exclusive sets, tabards, mounts, titles? It should be balanced.

And cool is subjective. What you might find cool others may not. I personally think some Normal sets look way better than some Mythic sets.
    It offends me that you get it since mediocre people deserve mediocre rewards.

But this is 2017 and diablo now so who really cares anymore. Take everything.. the biggest hurdle in this game is grinding till you question why your playing the game doing the same thing everyday for 8 month stretches
    Last edited by anaxie; 2017-09-26 at 06:47 PM.

I never said its affects me. But clearing mythic (the hardest content in game) raid should be rewarding in long run. Next patch hits and we grind new gear. The only thing as reward for getting through hardest content is achievement (title). Why PvP have exclusive sets, tabards, mounts, titles? It should be balanced.
    The fact you said someone got a reward for little effort shows it affects you. You can't stand the fact someone got something for little effort. So yes mentally you are affected by the fact some random person got a reward that you believe takes a lot of effort despite the fact older Mythics can be zerged.

- - - Updated - - -

It offends me that you get it since mediocre people dont deserve anything.

But this is diablo now so who really cares anymore. Take everything.
    Well last I checked the game was called World of Warcraft. But aight.

I'd say I'm an alright Resto Shaman though. Nothing special but certainly not medicore.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-09-26 at 06:53 PM.

It offends me that you get it since mediocre people dont deserve anything.

But this is diablo now so who really cares anymore. Take everything.
    Here's the thing I don't understand:

Why is the hypothetical Mythic raider in this scenario still trying to "show off" Mythic gear from a now-outdated raid? Why aren't they wearing the NEW Mythic gear set from the CURRENT Mythic raid, if they care about showing off the fact that they're a big dick Mythic raider?

Some "pleb" wearing last season's clothes doesn't do anything if you're actually a current-content Mythic raider with access to the hot new digs- show THAT shit off, it doesn't mean shit that you cleared last tier's content.

Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post

Why is the hypothetical Mythic raider in this scenario still trying to "show off" Mythic gear from a now-outdated raid? Why aren't they wearing the NEW Mythic gear set from the CURRENT Mythic raid, if they care about showing off the fact that they're a big dick Mythic raider?

Some "pleb" wearing last season's clothes doesn't do anything if you're actually a current-content Mythic raider with access to the hot new digs- show THAT shit off, it doesn't mean shit that you cleared last tier's content.
    When I used to raid HC I used the Firelands Normal tier on my Hunter. Looked badass with the Arathar bow. Heroic set was red fire rather than orange and I didn't like it. Sadly when it was current though I was stuck with that red set for appearance. Thankfully 4.3 and transmog were a godsend because I used to save older sets back then in case they ever brought a system like that in.

As I said a lot of Mythic sets imo look worse than the Heroic/Normal sets. Hunter tier 18 Normal and Heroic while not amazing looked fine but the Mythic set was ruined by the stupid fel crap on the shoulders/helm.

But of course someone might like that set. It's all subjective.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-09-26 at 06:51 PM.

Achievement isnt exclusive though. You get cutting edge. OH BOY

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post

Pffffft latest digs doesnt mean shit when the old stuff upscaled is the best stuff.

Example McJoe windowbreath gets a 940 tf racnocrystal with socket and avoidance.

Oh buhoy!!

- - - Updated - - -

The fact you said someone got a reward for little effort shows it affects you. You can't stand the fact someone got something for little effort. So yes mentally you are affected by the fact some random person got a reward that you believes takes a lot of effort despite the fact older Mythics can be zerged.

- - - Updated - - -

Well last I checked the game was called World of Warcraft. But aight.

I'd say I'm an alright Resto Shaman though. Nothing special but certainly not medicore.
    If you dont understand why this game is called diablo now i worry about your awarness and comprehension of the situation in legion.

From my perspective if you arent in a consistent cutting edge pve team or doing gladiator your mediocre. Youre average joe.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2017-09-26 at 06:55 PM.

- - - Updated - - -

Pffffft latest digs doesnt mean shit when the old stuff upscaled is the best stuff.

Example McJoe windowbreath gets a 940 tf racnocrystal with socket and avoidance.

Oh buhoy!!
    While I dislike Titanforging it is one way to keep older loot sort of relevant.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Oh buhoy!!

- - - Updated - - -

If you dont understand why this game is called diablo now i worry about your awarness and comprehension of the situation in legion.
    Because of the levels of RNG although RNG is a common factor of an RPG. Just Legion went overboard with it.

Although ironically Titanforging is one thing that doesn't come from Diablo. Comes from a system that was in WoW long before Diablo. If anything it could be argued the Diablo team took the Ancient Legendary idea from a system that was already in WoW.

Think the only two Diablo things that did come from it would be Legendaries being more common and World Quests although that could be argued it's an expansion upon dailies although it does use the similar system to bounties.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-09-26 at 06:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by felrager View Post
    Why? Whats the point of making something exclusive? You're complaining about people wearing outdated gear transmogs. It's not like people are zerging mythic bosses from current raids and getting xmog gear without earning it. They're doing old shit. Stop being a whiney baby and worry about yourself.
    Because people keep claiming that "gear is a reward and transmog is a reward for clearing the raid when it is current". If it really is a reward for that then it should go away with the expansion/tier.

I am still perplexed why they're still keeping pvp mounts and gear exclusive and removing them when they don't do that with the meta achievement mounts.

Oh buhoy!!
    I don't understand. You can't get the Mythic gear appearance from doing anything OTHER than Mythic.

Maybe I'm missing something. The point of this thread appears to be:
    "You used to be able to tell at a glance which players were doing the highest difficulty PvE content, therefore, all Mythic sets, including outdated ones, should not be available to anyone who didn't clear them when they were current content."

That doesn't have anything to do with Joe Schmoe getting a 940 piece from Argunite, because Joe Schmoe's item level is irrelevant- he's still not doing Mythic and getting those Mythic armor appearances.

Removing old Mythic sets doesn't do anything in this case, which is why I think this is an utterly pointless issue- the players who HAVE to go back and get the Mythic armor after it's no longer current content? The real Mythic raiders have already moved on and have the new set to show off, and they're going to KEEP moving on and wearing the new sets. You're always, RIGHT NOW, able to tell who is a Mythic raider if THEY care about showing off their current Mythic set. Old sets are irrelevant.