Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    A shame that it has been a persistent issue (hasn't affected me but see plenty of complaints about it) as it really is a fantastic expansion.

Herald of the Titans pansertjald's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I have given up on palying tonight. I keep getting kick out of the game
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL:

Herald of the Titans Lotus Victoria's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    As much as I love this game, I gotta say: Having these kinds of technical issues in 2017 just proves how incompetent and unready some companies can be. I'm loving the desert, but knowing that a lot of people are still having technical issues after almost 4 days of launch makes me really angry. These kinds of stuff were supposed to be left in the last decade, but we're almost in 2020, and it's not like GW2 has 30 million players.

Quote Originally Posted by pansertjald View Post
    I have given up on palying tonight. I keep getting kick out of the game
    I just wonder what differences there could be between Euro and USA setup? USA has had some rocky stuff, but mostly fine.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lotus Victoria View Post
    As much as I love this game, I gotta say: Having these kinds of technical issues in 2017 just proves how incompetent and unready some companies can be. I'm loving the desert, but knowing that a lot of people are still having technical issues after almost 4 days of launch makes me really angry. These kinds of stuff were supposed to be left in the last decade, but we're almost in 2020, and it's not like GW2 has 30 million players.
    It's not like I'm in a rush, but most of my friends have completed the story, but the stupid instance with the Soul eater kept crashing after his battle. Finished it today, I just ran past him and nothing crashed, so maybe it was some part of being near him during his conversation, heck if I know. Still stacking glitches on top of a bad instance design anyway, really irritating.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Yeah I'll probably wait for the issues to end before even considering it.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Yeah I'll probably wait for the issues to end before even considering it.
    I think you'll really enjoy it once it settles down a bit

Quote Originally Posted by Valeron View Post
    I think you'll really enjoy it once it settles down a bit
    Meh considering Masteries are still in will be a small dampener but who knows.

Hopefully the story, desert theme and other stuff carry it for me.

7+ Year Old Account
    Meh considering Masteries are still in will be a small dampener but who knows.

Hopefully the story, desert theme and other stuff carry it for me.
    The grind is a lot faster than HoT, which is good.

The grind is a lot faster than HoT, which is good.
    It's still Masteries. Something I dislike.

As I said hopefully the rest of the game carries it for me but if not then I'll probably make it my third MMO. The only I play on occasion. Since I get paid in a few days I'll probably pick it up this week if I'm not busy with other games.

It's still Masteries. Something I dislike.

As I said hopefully the rest of the game carries it for me but if not then I'll probably make it my third MMO. The only I play on occasion. Since I get paid in a few days I'll probably pick it up this week if I'm not busy with other games.
    I think this is more how Masteries should have been, like Gliding. There are a couple parts of the story gated behind the next mount, so you'll need a couple points from random world stuff like a chef mini game, but mostly Mastery flows with enhancing the mount abilities, so it's not a big slap in the face like "hey, the entire ground is poison, so you can't finish this until you're immune to this type of poison".
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Masteries are much more reasonable in this expansion

7+ Year Old Account
    Bounties are a good way to group people together to do content. I want to see more of this kind of thing, applied on other types of content. Pretty cool.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pansertjald View Post
    The official forums are flooded with players not being able to play since friday and even today there are still players that still can't play. it's 4 days now
    of course the players that can't play would be complaining on the forums. all the ones that can play are playing the game. you wouldn't hear much from them

- - - Updated - - -

i think you could potentially skip the masteries if you pair up with a portal popping mesmer that has the masteries already

Deleted
    Just finished the story...

The final 2 missions weren't as bad as the Zhaitan fight... albeit they once again went with a "we cannot balance this, so let's just throw an overpowered weapon at all characters, so we don't have to balance it"

Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    Just finished the story...

The final 2 missions weren't as bad as the Zhaitan fight... albeit they once again went with a "we cannot balance this, so let's just throw an overpowered weapon at all characters, so we don't have to balance it"
    Which didn't work at all for me because I'm playing a parasitic contagion reaper and since the weapon doesn't have any conditions on it, I don't have any sustain. zzz
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Deleted
    Bounties are a good way to group people together to do content. I want to see more of this kind of thing, applied on other types of content. Pretty cool.
    From my experience they are just confusing... every group i joined was somehow always on "another instance of the map"...

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    Which didn't work at all for me because I'm playing a parasitic contagion reaper and since the weapon doesn't have any conditions on it, I don't have any sustain. zzz
    I guess their entire QA-run was:
    - let's choose 1 spec for every class and tune it based on our try

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    come back in a week and gw2 will break ff14's record lol

stormblood launch was a nightmare
    Only "nightmare" with Stormblood was Raubahn and Pipin EX...well, there was also the ungodly queue times to log on if you were on Balmung or Gilgamesh servers at the time.

Context for those who didn't play: There were 2 different quests early on in the main story (which is pretty much mandatory content in FF14) that would set you in an instanced battle; due to the massive amount of people swarming those quests, the instance servers simply couldn't handle the load, so they were spitting people back out into the world, thus unable to complete the quests. Raubahn and Pipin were the quest NPCs in these cases.

Based on what I glanced over with tweets on the official GW2 Twitter account, it looks like they ran into loosely similar issues with instancing.

I've got oodles of things I'm doing in FF14, so I haven't picked up PoF yet...and 4.1 is right around the corner for FF14. Blargh...wtb more time to game.

7+ Year Old Account
    Man...so far, I gotta say...I still prefer HoT over PoF, by a long, long mile. I know that HoT was more expensive than PoF, but you got a lot more worth for your money than what PoF offers so far. Also, aside from mounts, PoF isn't offering that many new things, and I find the maps to be quite empty. ~5-6 days later and the maps are already empty!

I'll probably end up making a thread about this at some point.

Man...so far, I gotta say...I still prefer HoT over PoF, by a long, long mile. I know that HoT was more expensive than PoF, but you got a lot more worth for your money than what PoF offers so far. Also, aside from mounts, PoF isn't offering that many new things, and I find the maps to be quite empty. ~5-6 days later and the maps are already empty!

I'll probably end up making a thread about this at some point.
    No you really didn't at the start.

HoT. 4 maps, Masteries, story and elite specs.

PoF. 5 maps, new elite specs, mounts, and story.

Now quality well that's subjective. Quantity it's the same amount just wish a less bullshit price tag.

If anything you get the same. Just this time they didn't overcharge. The initial price for Heart of Thorns was disgusting. The amount of content in HoT plus a free level boost is subjectively worth £24.99. Maybe £20. Heart of Thorns was most certainly not worth £34.99.

And I've been told by friends that so far the expansion is short lived and has you pretty much back in cities at the end so I'll probably wait another month. I have too much to play at this current time and I don't think I can squeeze a 3rd MMO into what is already hectic. Destiny 2, Warframe, WoW, FF14 and Heroes of the Storm.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-09-27 at 11:13 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    No you really didn't at the start.

HoT. 4 maps, Masteries, story and elite specs.

PoF. 5 maps, new elite specs, mounts, and story.

If anything you get the same. Just this time they didn't overcharge. The initial price for Heart of Thorns was disgusting. The amount of content in HoT plus a free level boost is subjectively worth £24.99. Maybe £20.
    I think in HoT there was a lot more going on at the same time. Maybe it was the meta events, maybe it was because Masteries were a new thing back then, maybe it was because I still love gliding, and maybe it was because daredevil was the shit, but I still like HoT more, at least so far.