Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Qualia View Post
    "Have you played any Cataclysm? You know, when the world blows up? Because of the Old Gods" - that was Blizzard's answer, word by word, to a guy who asked them to address the same issue you brought up (why we haven't seen any catastrophic event even with two down). It wasn't even something new and have been linked over and over many times, so I'm not sure how you've missed it.

I don't know how bad I'm at Warcraft lore, but I'm pretty sure that at least in this regards, I'm way ahead of the C'Thun & Yogg are still allliivveee crowd. Especially given that we have confirmations both in-game and out of it.
    (1) Omniscient Narrator in the in-game quest text flat out stated that C'Thun was destroyed and dead.
    (2) The comic stated the same as well. And on that note, Blizzard - in particular, Afrasiabi - clarified very recently in Legion that they only meant "Med'an being the Guardian" is not canon, but the comics are still canon.
    (3) Blizzard Q&A section answered that C'Thun and Yogg's deaths caused the Cataclysm. Check back a few pages in this thread, or pretty much every single Old God related thread in the last 4-5 years.

So if you are saying C'Thun and Yogg are still alive as of the lore right now, you are relying on the word of in-game Old God follower NPC over the omniscient narrator, the comic and WoG itself. Next you just need to call Blizzard developers liars and you will fit nicely into the category of "shouldn't-be-bothered-with" group. Have you ever asked yourself why have the "C'Thun-and-Yogg-are-alive" group never been able to provide any blue post stating such?
    Yeah I played Cata. Remember this guy called DEATHWING?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    NightHaawk rolls a 2 (1-100) on [Thread Topic]
    Chikko: HA HA HA HA
    Chikko rolls a 1 (1-100) on [Thread Topic]
    Chikko: FFFUUUUU

Quote Originally Posted by NightHaawk View Post
    Yes, and apparently he wasn't the only - or original - cause of Cataclysm, as Blizzard stated. Remember the world started having earthquakes shortly after Yogg went down, way (months) before Deathwing came back (even before we defeat LK)?
    Last edited by Qualia; 2017-09-26 at 02:27 PM.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisisvacant View Post
    The quote from Chronicle literally begins with "Y'Shaarj was dead" lol
    Yeah he is dead the others aren't.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, and apparently he wasn't the only - or original - cause of Cataclysm, as Blizzard stated.
    As one guy from Blizzard stated once and it was never once referenced or even implied to be true again.

As one guy from Blizzard stated once and it was never once referenced or even implied to be true again.
    Two. And it doesn't need to be referenced over and over. As long as Blizzard said it even once & there isn't anything outright contradicts to it later, it remains canon.

Edit: and for that matter, the comic and the quest text using the omnipresent narrator words also stated that C'Thun was dead, so saying that "it was never once referenced" isn't even true. What was never once referenced, is "C'Thun and Yogg are still alive" - all we have is a very vague "They do not die, they do not live, they are outside of the circle" boast from Old God's followers (and if we are to trust OGs' followers, we are to trust other NPCs who stated they aren't alive as well - like Xal'atath who said N'Zoth was only one remains).
    Last edited by Qualia; 2017-09-26 at 02:33 PM.

Two. And it doesn't need to be referenced over and over. As long as Blizzard said it even once & there isn't anything outright contradicts to it later, it remains canon.
    You are all going to eat your words so hard when they are both alive next expansion. You are the only elitist little group of the fanbase that thinks you are better than everyone else by holding onto this ridiculous theory even though it makes no sense. If a group of adventurers could have killed the Old Gods and had as small of an effect on the world as Cataclysm would have had without Deathwing they would have been killed by the titanforged a long ass time ago. See you next expansion when we face Yogg and C'Thun once again.

You are all going to eat your words so hard when they are both alive next expansion. You are the only elitist little group of the fanbase that thinks you are better than everyone else by holding onto this ridiculous theory even though it makes no sense. If a group of adventurers could have killed the Old Gods and had as small of an effect on the world as Cataclysm would have had without Deathwing they would have been killed by the titanforged a long ass time ago. See you next expansion when we face Yogg and C'Thun once again.
    I told the other guy before: if Blizzard decide to retcon it and tell us the Old Gods are still alive (at the moment) and not dead but get resurrected by Azeroth's blood, I'll just be happy and adjust my lore knowledge properly. Unlike you (or at least, how you are appearing to be), I'm not hesitant to update my information with the latest canon as long as there is enough irrefutable evidence. You are saying as if I feel bad about it. Been there, done that multiple times before. There is different between "thinking you are better than everyone else" and calling misinformation, misinformation.

No one ever said there is no chance for us to face Yogg and C'Thun once again, though. Lore-wise, every single dead beings in WoW, maybe except demons who died in the Nether, can be resurrected as long as there is enough power. There is a big, big difference between "dead" and "won't be in story ever again" (or even "can't act", for that matter).

If it turns out that C'Thun and Yogg are indeed currently dead, though, would you be as happy to eat your words, I wonder?
    Last edited by Qualia; 2017-09-26 at 02:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Doomeye View Post
    Is not Azeroth a titan soul on wich a world formed to help the soul evolve? YES
    Is not Azeroth a world that the titans forged with their own hands? YES
    Is not Azerothian life created by the titanic powers? YES

Trolls/elves may not be created directly by titans themselves (like, let`s say... dwarves or humans) but they do apply to the titanic rules of life.
    Pretty sure this is not true. The nascent Azeroth world soul was dreaming and reached out/ was discovered by Aggramar at which point the Pantheon came to Azeroth....which means they didn't create it with their own hands. Once here they did a bunch of shit, but the Titans did not create Azeroth...Titans can't create other Titans.

If it turns out that C'Thun and Yogg are indeed currently dead, though, would you be as happy to eat your words, I wonder?
    I sure would be. But we all know Blizzard and most of us know they aren't dead.

No one ever said there is no chance for us to face Yogg and C'Thun once again, though. Lore-wise, every single dead beings in WoW, maybe except demons who died in the Nether, can be resurrected as long as there is enough power. There is a big, big difference between "dead" and "won't be in story ever again" (or even "can't act", for that matter).
    I think Y'Shaarj is beyond returning now, too. We basically extinguished whatever little scraps were left in SoO.

Feel free to explain their Q&A answer, the comic and the quests text then. That's almost every possible degrees we can get, the only thing we are missing is a statement from a novel and that would be it. I guess other than that, we can only wait since you obviously seem very reluctant in updating your information.
    Last edited by Qualia; 2017-09-26 at 02:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Doomeye View Post
    Is not Azeroth a titan soul on wich a world formed to help the soul evolve? YES
    Is not Azeroth a world that the titans forged with their own hands? No.
    Is not Azerothian life created by the titanic powers? Only partially.
    FTFY. The Titans modified Azeroth's surface, but they didn't create her. And only some life was created by them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't speak for them, you speak for yourself only.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Yeah in timewalking

If a group of adventurers could have killed the Old Gods and had as small of an effect on the world as Cataclysm would have had without Deathwing they would have been killed by the titanforged a long ass time ago.
    Okay first off, "small effect".

Islands sank beneath the ocean, areas got flooded (and most likely remain that way), shit like Vashj'ir was lifted from the sea floor, the Cataclysm was no sundering but calling it a "small effect" is an understatement, especially considering Deathwing was one freaking cast away from literally ending the world, your freaking screen went black if you wiped on Deathwings "Catacylsm" spell.

Second, the Titans could have killed C'thun & Yogg-saron, they chose not to based on the horrible results of Y'shaarj's death, they were like doctors over a really hurt patient where they know the neccessary operation might just kill him, so they chose the safe option, Azeroth possibly recovered from Y'shaarj's death over time and thereby was able to survive the death of Yogg & C'thun.

Lastly, most people simply go on what is fact at this point, fact is that C'thun / Yogg are considered dead, you're free to speculate on whatever you want, but simply because you assume something will happen, doesn't make it a fact.

10+ Year Old Account
    Feel free to explain their Q&A answer, the comic and the quests text then. That's almost every possible degrees we can get, the only thing we are missing is a statement from a novel and that would be it. I guess other than that, we can only wait since you obviously seem very reluctant in updating your information.
    It's not even an updating of information. It's a refusal to accept what was initially presented. C'Thun has been considered dead from the beginning.

Whose words would I trust more about what's going on within the Warcraft universe at that point in time.

The word of god (Metzen who was chief lore writer basically upto the cataclysm event and Afrasiabi who is in that position now) who replied with Old Gods being killed were cause of cataclysm

Or

In game NPCs who are not omnipotent about their world and likely took Deathwing bursting out and other events and could have falsely put them together.

- - - Updated - - -

Blizzard said they are dead, hell Yogg has said he is dying in his last words. Shadow priest weapon called N'Zoth as the last one remaining. Only one that refuses to admit it are the idiots that don't realise old gods and their followers are 100% bullshitters who boast about things "They do not die." is one such bullshit or boast.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Blizzard said they are dead, hell Yogg has said he is dying in his last words. Shadow priest weapon called N'Zoth as the last one remaining. Only one that refuses to admit it are the idiots that don't realise old gods and their followers are 100% bullshitters who boast about things "They do not die." is one such bullshit or boast.
    In their defense, some Old Gods still talk when they're dead and describe their own condition as "sleep", and Old God servants are said to be capable of reviving themselves if allowed to.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KrakHed View Post
    In their defense, some Old Gods still talk when they're dead and describe their own condition as "sleep", and Old God servants are said to be capable of reviving themselves if allowed to.
    That's true, and this is what is confusing most people who claim CT and Yogg being alive. Their capabilities in death were never specifically said, and this is mistaken as being alive. It's like saing Arthas's dad was alive because he talked to his son in WOLTK cinematics.

Quote Originally Posted by aketus View Post
    That's true, and this is what is confusing most people who claim CT and Yogg being alive. Their capabilities in death were never specifically said, and this is mistaken as being alive. It's like saing Arthas's dad was alive because he talked to his son in WOLTK cinematics.
    Well, it's also that there are a lot of immortal beings who do come back on their own. Or mostly on their own. Demons, Wild Gods, and Elementals, for instance. So, it's less an issue of if the Old Gods are dead, but what that actually means for them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KrakHed View Post
    Well, it's also that there are a lot of immortal beings who do come back on their own. Or mostly on their own. Demons, Wild Gods, and Elementals, for instance. So, it's less an issue of if the Old Gods are dead, but what that actually means for them.
    Agreed completely. The issue is people claiming that we cant kill them because were mere mortals and such. It's like saying like Archimonde didn't kill Malorne in WotA just because he has the ability to come back. They died, and that is as we know canonical fact (possible to retcon though). Hell, they might've (CT at least) resurrected since because we have no info from AQ since that Medan comic(feel free to correct me on this). Yogg seems to be dead, since Odyn visited Ulduar after Helya's death and he didn't inform the players about resurrected OG there, and we've since met him during Stormheim invasion. Although the echoes of Yogg could indicate that he is starting to look into the possibility of resurrection.