Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    Blizzard is honestly pretty lazy and uses themes from their other IP's to fill in blanks. (Not that there is anything wrong with throwing in Easter eggs here and there though)

It has gotten a lot worse recently which is also why we have Demons using interstellar Spaceships with warp drives instead of Demonic magic and portals in a fantasy game.

There is something weird when the Scourge felt more "dark and scary" than a Legion of Demons and what is effectively the Devil of the WoW universe.
    Yeah, come to think of it, none of the Legion really gives off the dark vibe I got from visiting Scourge-infested Northrend or even heading through Duskwood.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Very incorrect.
    He seems completely stuck in Hollywood Evolution. "step up" "Advantage Leap-Frog"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Go read up on evolution. You've got it backwards. What you say doesn't do is actually what happens, what you say it does is wrong. If losing eyes results in a more successfull organism, that's what happens. If an earlier advantage becomes useless, it eventually disappears and gets replaced by different ones, not necessarily better ones.
    It doesn't thought. Even in complete darkness, it takes millions & millions of years for anything "sightless" to come along. AND indeed, that ONLY comes along IF the organism in question has a greater success rate being blind, BECAUSE (another modality proves to be more advantageous than sight)

I'm sorry but I call bullshit. Mother nature doesn't take away advantages, to be replaced by shit that doesn't work, "as well" as something else.

I'm sorry, but you don't know what you're talking about. Evolution is a series of "arms-races". Anything NON-advantageous, DIES OUT.
    <~$~("The truth, is limitless in its range. If you drop a 'T' and look at it in reverse, it could hurt.")~$~> L.F.

<~$~("The most hopelessly stupid man is he who is not aware he is wise.")~$~> I.A.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Violent View Post
    Wrong.

You don't go from, "Oh my god I can see!" To "Oh, now we're all blind" due to environmental pressures. Evolution doesn't go backwards. And Yes, 90% of advantages, are a "step-up" from an earlier advantage. That's how it works bro.
    Nah, you're wrong. Evolution can go any direction it wants; some might say it's directionless. Species that live in very dark areas do indeed lose their sight. Every advantage has a cost, and if it's not being justified, you lose that trait.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Similar to how they're running into reiteration issues with "giant fiery demons in ornate armor" issues with the burning Legion and Diablo demons.
    That was going to be my next post!

A glimpse of things to come:

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    Nah, you're wrong. Evolution can go any direction it wants; some might say it's directionless. Species that live in very dark areas do indeed lose their sight. Every advantage has a cost, and if it's not being justified, you lose that trait.
    So you REALLY think evolution is just going to start spittin out babies with no eyes, simply because "It wants to"?

How TF can you all say I'M wrong????

You all know damn well this is complete and utter drivel.
    Last edited by Violent; 2017-09-26 at 09:01 PM.
    <~$~("The truth, is limitless in its range. If you drop a 'T' and look at it in reverse, it could hurt.")~$~> L.F.

<~$~("The most hopelessly stupid man is he who is not aware he is wise.")~$~> I.A.

10+ Year Old Account
    It doesn't thought. Even in complete darkness, it takes millions & millions of years for anything "sightless" to come along. AND indeed, that ONLY comes along IF the organism in question has a greater success rate being blind, BECAUSE (another modality proves to be more advantageous than sight)

I'm sorry but I call bullshit. Mother nature doesn't take away advantages, to be replaced by shit that doesn't work, "as well" as something else.

I'm sorry, but you don't know what you're talking about. Evolution is a series of "arms-races". Anything NON-advantageous, DIES OUT.
    Nah evolution can happen quite rapidly if you get things like bottlenecking events. The fact that humans can't breathe in water is evidence that your claim that 'mother nature doesn't take away advantages' is totally false. We came from fishes, after all.

Maybe your issue is that you have trouble recognizing that having eyes in the dark is non-advantageous because eyes cost resources to maintain. Similarly, hooves could evolve into toes given the right circumstances.

Deleted
    Chris Metzen once joked about how he sometimes thinks there could be an uncorrupted group of Eredar out there that Velen doesn't even know about, and then after a short pause said something like "Wow... technically that's Protoss."

Now there's the Army of the Light, which has Draenei/Eredar in it, who, I presume, were cut off from Velen for a thousand years. And the Krokul kind of remind me of Dark Templars.

10+ Year Old Account
    So you REALLY think evolution is just going to start spittin out babies with no eyes, simply because "It wants to"?

How TF can you all say I'M wrong????
    Because you don't understand evolution. You're arguing with someone who's currently getting a PhD in biology.

Also, your characterization of my and others' arguments is hilariously wrong. No one is claiming that evolution is going to create eyeless babies for fun. But for your information, babies are indeed occasionally born without eyes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah evolution can happen quite rapidly if you get things like bottlenecking events. The fact that humans can't breathe in water is evidence that your claim that 'mother nature doesn't take away advantages' is totally false. We came from fishes, after all.

Maybe your issue is that you have trouble recognizing that having eyes in the dark is non-advantageous because eyes cost resources to maintain. Similarly, hooves could evolve into toes given the right circumstances.
    Soooooo, because you're not still a fish. Nature doesn't advance evolutionary "step-ups"??

10+ Year Old Account
    Soooooo, because you're not still a fish. Nature doesn't advance evolutionary "step-ups"??
    Look dude this thread is for discussing how Blizzard is creating multiple games from the same universe, not about evolution. I would recommend checking out some youtube videos on the process and evolution if you're interested.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not bad, don't listen to the naysayers, I think it's plausible, it sure as hell could be interesting for sure.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    Because you don't understand evolution. You're arguing with someone who's currently getting a PhD in biology.

Also, your characterization of my and others' arguments is hilariously wrong. No one is claiming that evolution is going to create eyeless babies for fun. But for your information, babies are indeed occasionally born without eyes.
    Excuse me?

Just because you don't who I am, doesn't mean that whomever you are is somehow, automatically "better".

Are you the only to ever goto school in your land? Is it that "special" for someone with a Phd to actually think they're special?

You're not the only one who can goto college bro. I happen to major in Astrobiology. King me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Yeah, it proves that blizzard can't write more than one story. At all. They just copy paste same things across all their universes.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are definitely some strong similarities and things that were just downright borrowed/stolen from the respective universes.

I think this is just a lack of creativity on Blizzard's part, and not some future tie in.

However, given Blizzard's propensity for bad story telling... a crossover (which is a terrible idea imo) is far more plausible than anyone here cares to admit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Look dude this thread is for discussing how Blizzard is creating multiple games from the same universe, not about evolution. I would recommend checking out some youtube videos on the process and evolution if you're interested.
    Excuse me, but using YOUR own logic, everything that came before the "foot & toes" is a Hoof. Simply because a "foot & toes" is better than a hoof. (or so you believe)

Let's see you run at a 60mph gallop for 6 straight hours, with your "Foot & Toes". Only thing your foot is good for now, is putting in your mouth.

Protoss can't eat they need to absorb sunlight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Excuse me?

Just because you don't who I am, doesn't mean that whomever you are is somehow, automatically "better".

Are you the only to ever goto school in your land? Is it that "special" for someone with a Phd to actually think they're special?

You're not the only one who can goto college bro. I happen to major in Astrobiology. King me.
    We can do this in private messages if you want but please stop polluting my thread with your off-topic garbage; you're really just embarrassing yourself.

The humans in Warcraft are human like Mario is as well, AND they can jump...coincidence? Or something deeper...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    He seems completely stuck in Hollywood Evolution. "step up" "Advantage Leap-Frog"
    I think he's trolling, actually.

No one is that blindingly dumb.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    We can do this in private messages if you want but please stop polluting my thread with your off-topic garbage; you're really just embarrassing yourself.
    EaD. Stop polluting my world with your nonsense.