Poll: What you think?

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I agree. Its not fair. What they should do is make old elite pvp gear available to people who have 2k+ ratings or even make them prestige reward. Current prestige gear sucks ass just recolor variations.

Quote Originally Posted by Iliyra View Post
    Unlike with PvP, it's easy to simply pay for a Mythic Boost and get your Curve that way shortly before the next major patch/raid hits. Those who really want the gear would still be able to use it.
    Wut? It's waaaay easier to get carried in PvP.

2k raiting for tmog isn't that hard to get, it's nowhere near as hard and expensive as mythic boosting.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    That's how it works right now. The reward is having gear with the very best stats in the game at the time, and a unique appearance at the time.

That's the exceptional reward.

No-one ever promised you that you got to keep that look to yourself forever.

If you want to stay "exceptional", you must stay exceptional - keep Mythic raiding, keep getting gear other people cannot. Don't just rest on your laurels and say "One time, a bunch of years ago, I got a special set so I'm special boy!". Keep Mythic raiding.
    No it matters in what you accomplish. The vanity rewards should be permanent exclusivity. Funny rhat youre also saying very best stats. Lets be real. This is fucking legion. Very best stats from mythic doesnt apply anymore.

Especially in legion. Grind like its hardcore diablo because thats absolutely how well they tuned everytjing. Assuming you play endless hours every single day with their slot machine MMO. And at the end mythic raiders dont get a single fucking thing in Legion in comparison to other expansions after putting up with the most bullshit tuning and grinding in the history to where time played and luck determines power level and not raw skill and content progression.
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    Wut? It's waaaay easier to get carried in PvP.

2k raiting for tmog isn't that hard to get, it's nowhere near as hard and expensive as mythic boosting.
    Whst is hard about mythic boosting you literally do nothing for a few hours and bam done. Pvp carry. Glhf
    Last edited by anaxie; 2017-09-26 at 09:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Whst is hard about mythic boosting you literally do nothing for a few hours and bam done. Pvp carry. Glhf
    It's harder for boosters, but it's more expensive for the one who's being boosted (wish there's a word boostee)

Getting 2k is much easier and cheaper. 2k isn't glad title.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by felrager View Post
    Why? Whats the point of making something exclusive? You're complaining about people wearing outdated gear transmogs. It's not like people are zerging mythic bosses from current raids and getting xmog gear without earning it. They're doing old shit. Stop being a whiney baby and worry about yourself.
    He is no whiney baby, he just wants to have some visual reward for raiding like pvp has. You are whining because you want to get your xmogs next expac.
    I have to agree with him, because I like going through og and see some people in some prestige gear.

Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    It's harder for boosters, but it's more expensive for the one who's being boosted (wish there's a word boostee)

Getting 2k is much easier and cheaper. 2k isn't glad title.
    Well yeah. But lets be honest titanslayer is about to be the new kingslayer. When Joe Paperbag head facerolls it solo at 120

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozler View Post
    First of all, I don't think about this kind of thing. It always amazes me that some people do, and then attribute actual stress/unhappiness to it.

Your idea is bad, and fueled only by your need to feel special or elevated in comparison to other players. Achievements serve this purpose already.

Have a nice day.
    Earn the vanity pleb

Are you oblivious and so far on your high horse you forget your attemtpted antagonizing remarks?

We are talking about in game vanity and you start droning on about real life stuff as if it means anything when talking about game reward structure.

Btw dont forget to infract yourself for more flamebaiting Class A hypocrite moderator
    I'm not "flamebaiting" you- you're the one who seems to be very threatened, and are telling me I should "feed from the bottom where you wallow in your own cesspit."

I'm telling you you shouldn't care so much, and that it's not hurting you that other people are having fun.

And do you really think real life behavior has nothing to do with how we react to things in-game? Because that's intensely untrue. Nothing happens in a vacuum- the person you are in real life is still the person you are when you're playing World of Warcraft.

Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    I'm not "flamebaiting" you- you're the one who seems to be very threatened, and are telling me I should "feed from the bottom where you wallow in your own cesspit."

I'm telling you you shouldn't care so much, and that it's not hurting you that other people are having fun.

And do you really think real life behavior has nothing to do with how we react to things in-game? Because that's intensely untrue. Nothing happens in a vacuum- the person you are in real life is still the person you are when you're playing World of Warcraft.
    Except it does

I lose exclusive vanity items gathered across months when random pleb shits get it free later.

Why should i want 1 mog when i can have a closet full of outfits only 1% that put in the time get to have.

Thats the thing that irks me is ENTITLEMENT. I did what was required to gain them. Anyone who didnt donit while relant should wear a mix match clownsuit set or brown rags.

Frabjly im still miffed about the change post TBC that and again late Cata that allows fucking morons even into raids in the first place all in an attempt to appease the most unskilled unwanted players in the game.

It thrills me to see dtuff taken from average joe and billy bottom feeder. Because they deserve nothing in my book.

And done worry D. You wouldnt like me irl because i have choice words about our wonderful liberal and minority victim epidemics going on that would probably earn me a few more lables.
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozler View Post
    Earn the vanity pleb? Yeah, because I want to gain the admiration of mouth-breathing, basement dwellers with my "vanity". I honestly look at players with full, current Mythic tier and I'm relieved that I didn't subject myself to that sort of playstyle.

I'll never understand why some parents feed their children paint chips. Look what it does to our youth, seriously.

I'll also never understand this anaxie person. I imagine it close to having a conversation about current events with a neanderthal.
    Do you by chance live in a dilapadated house with an overgrown yard and wear tattered clothes. Do the soles of your shoes flap as if they were flip flops and do you work as a janitor?

Oh no because nice things are nice to have yes yes
    Last edited by anaxie; 2017-09-26 at 09:56 PM.

Except it does

I lose exclusive vanity items gathered across months when random pleb shits get it free later.

Why should i want 1 mog when i can have a closet full of outfits only 1% that put in the time get to have.

Thats the thing that irks me is ENTITLEMENT. I did what was required to gain them. Anyone who didnt donit while relant should wear a mix match clownsuit set or brown rags.

Frabjly im still miffed about the change post TBC that and again late Cata that allows fucking morons even into raids in the first place all in an attempt to appease the most unskilled unwanted players in the game.

It thrills me to see dtuff taken from average joe and billy bottom feeder. Because they deserve nothing in my book.
    Well. I guess at least you can admit that you're an entitled jerk.

Anyway.

You don't lose anything. They lose the value you ascribed to them because they're now outdated. Go show off your skill and do the next thing.

I'm glad more people can be happy to get cool things, and I can move on to getting the new cool thing, show that off til the next new thing comes out, and so on.

If you care more about your own sense of entitlement and are this mean and nasty about other people having a good time? We're never going to see eye-to-eye because I'm just not that kind of selfish person.

But lets be honest titanslayer is about to be the new kingslayer. When Joe Paperbag head facerolls it solo at 120
    TBQH, I don't care about it

I'm at 5/9M, but my guild is at 8/9M. I stopped raiding M ToS because there's no interesting sets for me there. Tmog is the only reason why I raid, I don't really care about challenge and prestige, I just want my chars to look pretteh If cool looking set drops in LFR I run LFR on that char, if cool set drops in M, well, I raid M.

But I don't care much about other people's chars, if I cared a lot I'd never create Ally alts because Ally has gnomes, and they're so ugly that it hurts my eyes. #gnomelivesdontmatter
    Last edited by ls-; 2017-09-26 at 09:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    I know he's getting trashed but I'll actually come in and defend the OP a bit.

There was a time when rewards actually signified an accomplishment in the game. There's a reason why so many people like to use their WoD/MoP CM gear, use the hardest to obtain titles, etc. It's to say "Hey, I did this."

Yes, it's just a game. But there needs to be some sort of reward for a player to do the hardest content otherwise why bother? How many people do you think would do the Mage Tower challenges right now if there wasn't a skin attached to it?.
    One: Your argument works better if the challenge is maintained and accessible for people to do at any time. The reward should be granted based on overcoming the challenge, not simply having played during a specific window of time. I'm all for that kind of reward.

Two: The reward is in overcoming the challenge with your friends. The feeling of accomplishment at having reached that level of play. Placing too much of the emphasis on the trophy instead of the challenge is a bad precedent to set, even in an MMORPG.

Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    Well. I guess at least you can admit that you're an entitled jerk.

Anyway.

You don't lose anything. They lose the value you ascribed to them because they're now outdated. Go show off your skill and do the next thing.

I'm glad more people can be happy to get cool things, and I can move on to getting the new cool thing, show that off til the next new thing comes out, and so on.

If you care more about your own sense of entitlement and are this mean and nasty about other people having a good time? We're never going to see eye-to-eye because I'm just not that kind of selfish person.
    I do lose something

Prestige ascribed the the armor and mounts is gone when random plebs everywhere have it. Your trophy is turned onto a participation trophy then and EVERYONE has that so whooptie doodlie doo.

No we wont see eye to eye because i dont coddle incompetent people and make them feel special. I give them a reality check that they are shit and will continue to reap what they deserve.

Except it does

This is why I think Blizzard should put in the time and effort to update those challenges for current abilities and gear available in the game. Not only would the rewards remain accessible, but the prestige of them wouldn't diminish like you described. If you see someone wearing the same badass gear as you, you KNOW they overcame the same challenge as you and deserve it.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    One: Your argument works better if the challenge is maintained and accessible for people to do at any time. The reward should be granted based on overcoming the challenge, not simply having played during a specific window of time. I'm all for that kind of reward.

Two: The reward is in overcoming the challenge with your friends. The feeling of accomplishment at having reached that level of play. Placing too much of the emphasis on the trophy instead of the challenge is a bad precedent to set, even in an MMORPG.
    Its an MMO the challenge is short lived because thats simply the reality when you need big number jump or else people who have no idea how to play dont see a power gain when they play at 1/10 potential

Herald of the Titans Drunkenfinn's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I haven't played in a while, and whilst I don't agree with anaxies extremely "elitist" view, I do agree that removing all prestige from doing hard stuff when it's current content isn't good.

I'm not saying the prestige was only reason I raided, but I'll admit that it felt nice to wear and have stuff most people couldn't get (at the time).

Even the minority (the 0.1% raiders) needs some kind of carrot... Though I'm not sure if doing it the way the OP suggested would be the way to go.

I remember there being some kind of achievement where you had to kill Algalon without anyone in the raid having higher than X ilvl to get some kind of special title, so you couldn't just go in two expansions later and solo it. We actually made lvl80 alts in Cataclysm and geared them in Ulduar/ToC10 to get the achievement done later on, which was still kind of challenging, required effort and was fun in the end.

Also, I really liked the MoP challenge-mode rewards too. Hard to get and only cosmetic (+they looked really neat, especially the Shaman one).
    Last edited by Drunkenfinn; 2017-09-26 at 10:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jorah View Post
    Vanilla gear for tmog still locked under PvP rank.
    Ranks you can still get thanks to RBGs. So what would that mean now? If you do a mythic boss that drops shoulders you unlock all mythic shoulders?
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    This is why I think Blizzard should put in the time and effort to update those challenges for current abilities and gear available in the game. Not only would the rewards remain accessible, but the prestige of them wouldn't diminish like you described. If you see someone wearing the same badass gear as you, you KNOW they overcame the same challenge as you and deserve it.
    Or dont waste the resources and just remove them.
    You understand this would be a forever growing process. You think they can tune 20 raids and multiple challenges around power curve when they cant even tune one raid properly because of their clusterfuck diablo systems

Its an MMO the challenge is short lived because thats simply the reality when you need big number jump or else people who have no idea how to play dont see a power gain when they play at 1/10 potential
    There are plenty of ways to scale things up, though. Or simply set up the challenge to be locked for certain abilities at a certain gearscore.

I'm all for exclusive rewards for the best players, But I am absolutely against TIMED exclusives.

Really the mythic mog should be the only reward from mythic and it should be given after completing the tier on mythic. Make mythic all about skill and have set ilvs.

Or dont waste the resources and just remove them.
    You understand this would be a forever growing process. You think they can tune 20 raids and multiple challenges around power curve when they cant even tune one raid properly because of their clusterfuck diablo systems
    Balanced against wasting dev time and effort on disposable content. How much time and money are wasted on content which is obsolete a few months later? We see this all the time, even within an expansion's life-span, each time a new tier of raiding and gear is released.

People always argue that they want prestige and prestigious rewards, but then are also almost entirely against ideas which would create ways for that prestige to be accessible and maintained. Note that I say "accessible", not easy.
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2017-09-26 at 10:21 PM.