Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    i see nothing wrong with it, nor hold ill will towards that do it. I find it more selfish to ask a person to stay alive and suffer just to have them around versus letting them end their pain and find peace, a peace life has denied them.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

15+ Year Old Account
    I guess do you go by either Hobbes or Camus I guess.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    The only conditions I can see is you need to be surrounded by the right stimulation of people and you also need to explore what that means in terms of what you can give back as opposed to what you know you can't.
    Indeed ... I know what I can give back, absolutely.

However - again, none of this is my choice - I don't get to force society into accepting me, I don't expect society to be forced to accept me. I do however expect society to let me leave if they have chosen I'm not welcome.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

It depends on the situation... if its someone who's having a "bad day" and temporarily out of sorts, then they need to be protected from themselves.

If this is based on a permanent situation and a decision made in sound mind with time to back out, then I'm fine with it.

Im sure that noone looks down upon people who wants to commit suicide, i think that we all try to convince them NOT to do it

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    why is suicide a positive thing?
    less traffic comes to mind

but thats just wishful thinking

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    So why do people think so lowly about others committing suicide? Why are we ok with people living their lives on their terms but not ending life on their terms?
    Probably due to the fact that it's extremely selfish and a sign of being a coward in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    I don't know anyone who thinks people who commit suicide are bad people, they think it's sad that someone commits suicide over what is often a temporary problems.
    This. /10char

7+ Year Old Account
    I hate when somebody jumps under train. Once I have to wait for three hours until they remove corpse and train can continue. If you want to commit suicide, just neck yourself in private.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    I think people who are suicidal are selfish. Killing ones self doesn't remove the pain and make everything better, all it does is leave that pain and agony for everyone else to bare.
    What's wrong with being selfish?

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    My best friend committed Suicide. I find it to be a cowardly way out. He was young and healthy, had plenty of friends that he could turn to. Yet decided he'd rather end his life.
    I know people are always like "BUT DEPRESSION IS A MENTAL ILLNESS!!" Well yes I know. And like other Illnesses you can get treatment or do something about it.

If I have a Chest Infection, I go see a doctor. I don't wait until it turns worse and kills me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kyoloco View Post
    less traffic comes to mind

but thats just wishful thinking
    That made me think of Bill Burr haha

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    So why do people think so lowly about others committing suicide?
    Some people who kill themselves are whiny babies who can't deal with life. Like that psycho Randy Stair who recently went on a killing spree and killed himself. He's been suicidal for years and he talked about how he hated his father cause he wanted him to get a job and move out of the house.

Some of these people are just weak. They don't have to deal with a lot in life. If someone can bear the burdens of life, everybody can. There is no magic trick.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMatticus View Post
    Because suicide is the cowardly, easy way out of your problems.
    If suicide was easy, everyone would do it.

Deleted
    No one looks down on real suicide, im sure. It's tragic and people often agree that the person didnt see any other way ot of his/her problems.

Half assed suicide attempts just for attention on the other hand are frowned upon...

Deleted
    I think people who are suicidal are selfish. Killing ones self doesn't remove the pain and make everything better, all it does is leave that pain and agony for everyone else to bare.
    Classic. Trying to guilt trip people who are suicidal and how they need to be considerate of others. When in fact ''others'' are usually the reason for suicide. How do you know it doesn't make everything better? Have you killed yourself yet? No? For people who suicide this is the option they perceive as the best. Sure it is selfish but that's probably the whole point, taking a stand for yourself.

Got to love the ignorance.

Heavy depression is a disease, just like anorexia is a disease. It is not something you can just stop or cure. A friend of mine suffered from consistent psychosises and killed herself after finding the images she saw and the voices she heard becoming too much to bear. I never thought she was selfish.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    My best friend committed Suicide. I find it to be a cowardly way out. He was young and healthy, had plenty of friends that he could turn to. Yet decided he'd rather end his life.
    I know people are always like "BUT DEPRESSION IS A MENTAL ILLNESS!!" Well yes I know. And like other Illnesses you can get treatment or do something about it.

If I have a Chest Infection, I go see a doctor. I don't wait until it turns worse and kills me.
    That's the problem. If you have a chest infection, your mind is usually healthy enough to notice something's up and see a doctor. Mental illness fucks with that perception. The natural first conclusion is that your surroundings are shit, not that your brain is sick, and you don't see a doctor for the former.
    Best Zindai EU
    Quote Originally Posted by cqwrteur View Post
    I am not one person.

Quote Originally Posted by HymenDestroyer View Post
    I hate when somebody jumps under train. Once I have to wait for three hours until they remove corpse and train can continue. If you want to commit suicide, just neck yourself in private.
    Even though you are probably trolling, you are quite literally an asshole.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharein View Post
    Even though you are probably trolling, you are quite literally an asshole.
    I'm not trolling, I was waiting three hours in a train, because it was in the middle of fields and bus can't get there to transport people out. I don't understand why they can't just move body out of the tracks and let the train pass. Suicide by train is a quite common in my country and it pisses me off.

It probably stems from a misunderstanding or disbelief of mental illness. A mental illness is not a broken leg, and since it affects the mind your ability to make rational decisions is already hampered. And because a mental illness is not necessarily easily visible it's even harder to notice in another person.

Suicide can therefore make perfect sense in a broken mind, but still require a great deal of "courage" to go through - you are going against one our most primal instincts, the survival instinct, after all.
    Last edited by Dezerte; 2017-09-27 at 09:24 AM.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance