Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    No, Tomb is awful.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    77 days schedule is fine for Antorus, they can like announce the date/trailer there, and then move on to the next expansion panels

14/15 November for Antorus , 10 days after Blizzcon.

Now, after Antorus, they can do anything, but I still think the raid lasts a minimum of 2x77 days before any pre-patch.

But I expect more to be announced at blizzcon.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-09-27 at 12:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    No. The sooner we get out of Tomb, the better.
    No. The sooner we get out of Legion, the better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    Personally I think that a January Antorus release is probably best in the long term.

1. It would allow players to enjoy the new raid without worrying about holiday disruptions
    2. It would give time for people to enjoy the post-Blizzcon hype about the new expansion without having to look backwards to Antorus
    3. It would space out the patches more and avoid a 12-14+ month wait for the next expansion
    4. It would give players more time to get closer to completing Tomb of Sargeras, which at the moment has historically low completion rates.

Do you agree? Or should Antorus just be released in the next month or two?
    Even the simplest math would show you that your 12-14 month red herring is False. Even if Blizzard announced the expansion today you wouldn't have a 12 month wait until the next expansion. No matter how many times the lie falls out of your mouth its still going to be a lie.

Lets break it down for you...

November 2017 announcement + 12 months = November 2018
    November 2017 announcement + 14 months = January 2019

Do you really and truly believe that they are going to take that long to release the next expansion? Seriously?

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    i feel it should be out ASAP after blizzcon

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Cheat View Post
    They've kind of thrown a wrench in this cycle by not doing a full balance patch (7.3.2 and 7.3.5). However, assuming they stick to their 11-week cycle that patch will drop November 14th.

Every raid has launched a week after its respective minor patch, so in theory Antorus would drop on November 21st. However, I find it highly unlikely they would want to launch a new raid the week of American Thanksgiving and pay extra support hours over the holiday, so I'm banking on them breaking the cycle slightly and delaying Antorus until November 28th.
    Well, Nighthold dropped the week before 4th July with Mythic actually opening in the 4th July week. Don't think they will make an exception for Antorus. A schedule is a schedule

It will be another dreadful decision by blizzard to get a new raid during holidays.

And not because its during holiday period but because raiders once again will be pressured to play during those periods of time.
    And by raiders i do not mean only the ones going for world 1st or the top100.
    The raiding scene is a universe of its own and it follows its own trends and schedules, meaning when top100 raids the rest of the guilds also raid because the leaders lead and the followers follow.
    And every one who isn't raiding will be blamed or pushed aside for slacking because that is what people do regardless if you like it or not, you know it happens you've experienced it and i'm certain some of you even lost guildmates/raid spots over this because you or they couldn't make it during those periods of time.

It is what it is but its still bad.

IIRC Icecrown Citadel was released right around the December holidays.

Nobody is forcing you to raid during Christmas. It'll be ready for you when the holidays are over.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    Even the simplest math would show you that your 12-14 month red herring is False. Even if Blizzard announced the expansion today you wouldn't have a 12 month wait until the next expansion. No matter how many times the lie falls out of your mouth its still going to be a lie.

Lets break it down for you...

November 2017 announcement + 12 months = November 2018
    November 2017 announcement + 14 months = January 2019

Do you really and truly believe that they are going to take that long to release the next expansion? Seriously?
    It was 14 months for the last 2 expansions in a row. And every xpac Blizzard is like "we're going to get this one out faster" and fails. What makes you think they'll succeed this time?

Deleted
    I feel it should be released pretty late because of two main reason:
    - The few amount of guilds that have killed KJ mythic
    - Not make another HFC where we are in the same raid for 400+ days until next expansion.

Blizz wants the last boss in Antorus downed before they announce the next xpac!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FobManX View Post
    IIRC Icecrown Citadel was released right around the December holidays.

Nobody is forcing you to raid during Christmas. It'll be ready for you when the holidays are over.
    Agreed.. if you still have a spot on your raid team. I hope it comes out after holidays...

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier of Lordaeron View Post
    Wrong.

Antorus releases on the 14th of november, blizzcon is the third and fourth.
    Source?

/ten char

Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    Personally I think that a January Antorus release is probably best in the long term.

1. It would allow players to enjoy the new raid without worrying about holiday disruptions
    2. It would give time for people to enjoy the post-Blizzcon hype about the new expansion without having to look backwards to Antorus
    3. It would space out the patches more and avoid a 12-14+ month wait for the next expansion
    4. It would give players more time to get closer to completing Tomb of Sargeras, which at the moment has historically low completion rates.

Do you agree? Or should Antorus just be released in the next month or two?
    I agree to this. But, it doesn't necessarily need to be like that. If they could give us till summer to clear Antorus, then that'd be fine I guess.

Wrong.

Antorus releases on the 14th of november, blizzcon is the third and fourth.
    Still waiting for that source!!

Quote Originally Posted by madeupname666 View Post
    Source?

/ten char
    So far everry raid had open 77 days after the previus one, of corse the "rule" can be broken.

November is more than fine, is a month before christmas and USA is the only country with extra big holidays between the 14th and christmas.

pd: really cant understand why so many people give for granted we are gonna have a new expansion announcement at blizzcon

Quote Originally Posted by Otrew View Post
    So far everry raid had open 77 days after the previus one, of corse the "rule" can be broken.

November is more than fine, is a month before christmas and USA is the only country with extra big holidays between the 14th and christmas.

pd: really cant understand why so many people give for granted we are gonna have a new expansion announcement at blizzcon
    Dont start with that pattern crap! No company follows a pattern!

Tomb has only been out for 3 months, and it has a very low completion rate. Only 33 US guilds have cleared Mythic ToS, compared to ~550 having cleared Mythic Nighthold when Tomb was released. Raid tiers should in general last at least 5-6 months, so I would say it's way too soon to release Antorus. Early January would only be just over 6 months.

Plus, unless it's released literally immediately after Blizzcon, the timing doesn't work out, because either the raid or Mythic would be opening right around Thanksgiving. If they wait until after Thanksgiving, they would be looking at week 1 or 2 of Mythic falling right at the Christmas holidays. They would never want top Mythic progression happening right in the middle of the holidays, because they give the entire team Christmas off (or at least did the last couple of years), and there are typically huge problems with new raids the first few weeks. It makes far more sense to hold off until January 9.

Plus, they aren't announcing the new expac until Blizzcon, and they have never been able to release an expansion in less than 12 months after announcing it. Therefore, the new expansion is unlikely to be before November/December 2018. Why would we want them to release Antorus in October or something when it would almost certainly result in a 13-14+ month final raid tier (for like the 4th straight end of expansion)? There's plenty to do in game currently, and no reason to race the raid out creating another 12 month SoO or 14 month HFC.

Source is blizzard, every legion patch is 77 days within each other, there is no indication of that changing.
    See my comment about patterns!

Players can have their opinions all they like.

Blizzard will stick to their release schedule all the same. 77 days has held true so far this expansion, so I'd be hard pressed to believe that they'd delay Antorus until after Christmas.