Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    They should consider jumping under fast moving inter city trains instead of slower local commuter trains. 100+ kmh train wont even notice you were there, and the results are easily cleaned off with a pressure washer.
    Why should they consider anything someone whom they don't believe cares about them thinks they should do? That would be silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Tota View Post
    Haha. Those people who toss themselves in front of trains don't believe the train people care about them, so why would they care about the train people having to clean off their guts?
    They shouldn't that is my point. Read my first post again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    So why do people think so lowly about others committing suicide? Why are we ok with people living their lives on their terms but not ending life on their terms?
    The people who generalize and look down on others for commiting suicide are generally idiots that don't understand how things like PTSD and depression actually work, like on a 'brain chemical' level. As many of the posts in this topic prove.
    Last edited by Mirishka; 2017-09-27 at 12:24 PM.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Deleted
    A lot of people in this thread don't understand the kind of despair one must feel to even think about ending their lives.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    They should consider jumping under fast moving inter city trains instead of slower local commuter trains. 100+ kmh train wont even notice you were there, and the results are easily cleaned off with a pressure washer.
    I was in a train a year ago when a man (didn't know at that point it was a man, only read about it later in the news) jumped under the train. His body was right under my seat and window when the EMT's were pulling him out. I mean, I saw parts of his body, lots of blood and guts, but couldn't define whether it was a man or a woman - that's how bad of a meat grinder it was.

The train was halted there for an hour, then it continued to the next station and everyone had to change the train.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mumba View Post
    People's lack of empathy and not being able to put themselves the shoes of someone having thoughts of suicide.
    I can put myself in their shoes, but that doesn't make the whole damn thing heroic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Some people have no friends
    People who have no friends are people who want no friends.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    The people who generalize and look down on others for commiting suicide are generally idiots that don't understand how things like PTSD and depression actually work, like on a 'brain chemical' level. As many of the posts in this topic prove.
    Now it's the people who commit suicide that are often idiots.

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/people/randy-stair

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    I was in a train a year ago when a man (didn't know at that point it was a man, only read about it later in the news) jumped under the train. His body was right under my seat and window when the EMT's were pulling him out. I mean, I saw parts of his body, lots of blood and guts, but couldn't define whether it was a man or a woman - that's how bad of a meat grinder it was.

The train was halted there for an hour, then it continued to the next station and everyone had to change the train.
    That is the problem when people jump under trains too close to the stations when the train is not moving fast enough. This is what happens when a moose meets full speed train. It has just evaporated, and a moose is much bigger than a human.

Do elaborate, what is so good about suicide, that we should praise those who commit it?

Because the decision to commit suicide is not one that is made in a stable state of mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyshade View Post
    A lot of people in this thread don't understand the kind of despair one must feel to even think about ending their lives.
    Of course they don't. Theres lot of things that go on in a depressed persons mind (even from a chemical standpoint) that are hard to understand and no one wants to acknowledge it. Instead those with such feelings are just "weak willed" or any number of other chest thumping ignorance. Nor does it help that those with depression often get distant which tends to cause those around them to get aggressive and often start going "Just stop it" like its some easy thing to get over.

People are stupid. People are ignorant. Most people weighing in one this subject have little to no knowledge on the subject but like to come in and act like they do to make themselves feel superior to those who do know about it.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Astalnar View Post
    Do elaborate, what is so good about suicide, that we should praise those who commit it?
    How do you go all the way from 'why is there a stigma' to 'we should praise'? Like seriously, is your reading comprehension actually that terrible or are you being a troll?
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    So why do people think so lowly about others committing suicide? Why are we ok with people living their lives on their terms but not ending life on their terms?
    Suicide is murder, with all the consequences of murder: grief for the relatives and friends, a damage to the family's hopes for happiness and survival and even economic sustainance. Since the murderer is dead there is no way to repair the damage done and as the murderer does not exist anymore he cannot be forgiven either. This is why it is so bad.

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Some people have problems that will never be fixed and they can't bear it anymore. It's selfish for families and friend to hold on to these people for their own benefit.

I say let them go if they want to die.
    Me not that kind of Orc!

10+ Year Old Account
    If you are saying that a person should think about others before acting, you don't really understand someone with depression. I mean you can paint it up any way you want but this is a fact. It's like trying to understand what its like to be blind, by closing your eyes. You have no idea what the fuck you are taking about just because you got upset once or overcame some hardship. Depression isn't some temporary "boo-hoo my life sucks" moment that you climb out of by gritting your teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by HymenDestroyer View Post
    I'm not trolling, I was waiting three hours in a train, because it was in the middle of fields and bus can't get there to transport people out. I don't understand why they can't just move body out of the tracks and let the train pass. Suicide by train is a quite common in my country and it pisses me off.
    Well, boohoohoo. First world problems. Maybe you should get a heart or something.

Deleted
    Person is dead, mission accomplished. There is no human left in there.
    Sad for relatives but it's also the person's choice to live or end the life that he/she never asked for.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharein View Post
    Well, boohoohoo. First world problems. Maybe you should get a heart or something.
    I have a heart for people close to me. Not some retard who jumps under a train and make hundreds of people to loose three hours.

It's a shame, a lot of people who would otherwise make great suicides are held back by the stigma.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

It's tragic and all but good luck trying to guilt trip a corpse.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well in a way it's kind of selfish of them to not think of the impact they could have on others. They could cause someone else to be depressed and maybe they might end up killing themselves as well. These days there are people who are constantly trying to reach out to these people telling them to get help and talk to someone so there's really no excuse to keep feeling like you're alone. There are people out there who WANT to help, you just have to go to them. Then again the main problem is that these people feel unworthy of that help which makes them decide to not even bother. So it's a difficult subject.

I get a little depressed sometimes too. Of course not as extreme as people who have the actual sickness but I get those feelings sometimes too. Sometimes I feel like I never fit in anywhere and I always feel like I'm the last thing on people's mind. Sometimes they forget about me altogether. I also sometimes feel like I'll never find anyone to spend my life with because of how "weird" and "different" I am.

I sometimes wonder what it would be like if I were to just end it all. Release myself from all these responsibilities and worries but then I think about my family and the impact I could have on them. I may not think much of myself but I know my parents and siblings would be devastated about my death. So I think of that and think to myself "no, I couldn't put them through that". I also tell myself that I am stronger than this. Don't be so weak minded and take the cheap way out. Find your purpose, find what/who makes you happy and stick with that. Video games are one of the few things that make me happy so that's what I do and since I suffer from social anxiety there's not much else I can do until I find a way to overcome it.