Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Why people applaud her, considering the hijab is the best example of women being surpressed in the Muslim culture. It's a sexist sign of the last century which needs to go in modern societies.
    Forcing or expecting women to adhere to western standards is of course the epitome of freedom and tolerance.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/magazin...in-her-outfits

Yeah another video but I quite liked her costumes
    I may be confused by I'm almost 100% sure she was Wonder Woman not Captain America. She even poses next to another Wonder Woman cosplayer in the video...

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Only the walking prisons then aka the burkas, cant get much more opressed then that.

Hijab looks good though.
    Not true in all cases, but keep being ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by Yaney View Post
    Cool, but why should Europeans care? Keep that shit in Middle East. kkthxbb
    Within the next few posts, you will be called a racist a nazi and a few other things, by x amount of people...
    "It takes a vast amount of self control to be this dangerous" he said.

- Ogvai, 6th legiones Astartes.

Minus points on accuracy!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyro1990 View Post
    I may be confused by I'm almost 100% sure she was Wonder Woman not Captain America. She even poses next to another Wonder Woman cosplayer in the video...
    She's dressed as Captain America in the video caption

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Not true in all cases, but keep being ignorant.
    Yeah im sure they enjoy those personal prisons.

Wearing a hijab isn't a middle east thing.

Deleted
    Because Europeans are a hotpot of various cultures

She's dressed as Captain America in the video caption
    Oh ok, the video just has a different cosplay then the thumbnail. Little wierd but ok.

this is cool and all, but I find the fact that if she took this off there is a chance she'd be mercy killed by a family member to be a bit more to the point of why this should be talked about.

- - - Updated - - -

Because Europeans are a hotpot of various cultures
    Yeah, only in westernized nations you have "various cultures" go to Middle Eastern countries and you'd be murdered for "dressing" up like she is doing.

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Yeah im sure they enjoy those personal prisons.
    Why don't you force "freedom" on them? I'm sure they'd thank you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Masoner View Post
    Yeah, only in westernized nations you have "various cultures" go to Middle Eastern countries and you'd be murdered for "dressing" up like she is doing.
    The ME has various cultures too

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Why don't you force "freedom" on them? I'm sure they'd thank you.
    Sure if i where a one man army going in rambo style perhaps

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidz View Post
    Forcing or expecting women to adhere to western standards is of course the epitome of freedom and tolerance.
    The alternative is what then, tolerance of intolerance?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    I think she missed what freedom is about when she kept wearing a hijab... But alright, good try.
    Choosing to keep wearing it is exactly what freedom is about. Guess you need to go learn what freedom means. Irony.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Choosing to keep wearing it is exactly what freedom is about. Guess you need to go learn what freedom means. Irony.
    "Gimme your wallet or I'll shoot you in the face." Many choice. Much wow.

The only thing that separates her from the truly oppressed is that she presumably lives in a place where she is free to set aside certain aspects of her beliefs without having acid thrown in her face. She may have the "choice" to take it off, but I wonder how her family would feel about that, and how something as seemingly trivial would impact her relationships with them and those who share their values.
    Last edited by s_bushido; 2017-09-27 at 02:23 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    "Gimme your wallet or I'll shoot you in the face." Many choice. Much wow.
    You still have a choice even if it is the choice between two bad things. Thanks for illustrating that a person can freely choose.

The only thing that separates her from the truly oppressed is that she presumably lives in a place where she is free to set aside certain aspects of her beliefs without having acid thrown in her face. She may have the "choice" to take it off, but I wonder how her family would feel about that, and how something as seemingly trivial would impact her relationships with them and those who share their values.
    Do you think the same way about all women who can't go topless? They are being oppressed. What about everyone who wears clothes? We are being oppressed into covering up. When you are looking for ways to discriminate or hate a topic you will always find it. You want to only see the bad in order to hate on Muslim beliefs. Instead of looking at someone who can remove a garment but chooses to embrace it and work it into something they love.

Being free to choose between wearing something and not wearing it is still freedom. It doesn't matter if her family would hate it, if it goes against her belief. What matters is the person has the choice to take it off (and fit the character better) or keep it on (and fit themselves better).
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

She can cosplay as Sub Zero or Skorpion!

It's part of her religion you smucks. It's as much oppression as kippahs or going to church on Sunday.