View Poll Results: Time to remove Ghostcrawler tweets from front page news?

Voters
726. This poll is closed
  • Yes

371 51.10%
  • No

355 48.90%
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I get the feeling this poll has a lot more to do with weather people agree with GC or not rather than care if he gets a little highlight box a couple times a month on the front page. I mean honestly it's really easy to avoid. Hell I don't read his stuff half the time unless the subject grabs me. Just like I don't read over crap over some addon for example. Pretty clear to me if he was saying something most the time that 90% of people agreed with he would be beloved in a poll like this. Sadly on MMOChampion and just about anywhere else such a subject doesn't exsist. If you crack 40% it's enough people to justify it. Likely even a lower number because clearly people that don't like it read it. Make threads. Then keep traffic flowing so the few people without add block on this site get more views at huge pink Verizon banners and experience a 100 down draw on their internet while loading them. Worth. For them.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    I dont care that much either way but it's getting pretty weird. I mean, let's say WoW is around 10 years from now and so is this site. Will they still post his thoughts 15 years after he left WoW?

"But he's a game developer with interesting insights!"
    See, I'd feel differently if these posts were from several ex-Blizzard developers or if they were from several prominent game devs.

That said do I care if they remove them or not? Not really.
    I wonder how many other former Blizzard developers share their views on such topics. GC was one of the few vocal ones to begin with and MMO-Champion shares the posts that have relevancy towards WoW. Many of his posts and tweets are otherwise ignored. There would be nothing of GC to post if he only gave feedback specific to LoL.

He neither works for Blizzard nor currently develops an MMO, so there's no reason for his tweets to be featured.

If you want to read what he tweets, follow him on Twitter.

Well it was all wrong from beginning. Instead of crucifying him for our sins we crucified him for his sins and now he obviously won't even have the decency to stay dead.

Personally, besides some trivial statements I don't think his drivel is that insightful.

It's another opinion. Can't say an opinion is annoying.

His opinion isn't much different from anyone else's opinion who blog or do youtube videos. The thing about Ghostcrawler is he has actual insight to blizzard...

Quote Originally Posted by rpdrichard View Post
    I see a thread a couple of weeks ago about this topic, but it lacked something very important: A poll.

When he worked for Blizz or when he just left, what he said had actually some relevance so I didn´t mind knowing what he had to say, but now it's completely pointless. I would follow him on his social media if I actually cared for what he has to say which I don´t.

I'd like to know what others think.
    Or you could just ignore it and stop worrying about it. And you obviously care if you keep making threads about it. Or you could grow up and ignore it and not read it. Nobody is forcing you to read it. And if just seeing it there bothers you, then you have some issues.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    And clearly people are also not interested in the posts.
    Many of us still aren't.

Sure it is easy to say, don't read it. But it sure is stupidly annoying at times to be scrolling down other news things and see that ugly green font. It is like having giant advertisements in between things you do want to see. But hey, it's whatever. This poll is much closer to 50/50 than it was years ago. In a couple more years I suspect it'll be fully against it.
    "Seeing that ugly green font". If that bothers you, then it's time to re-evalute yourself. You're trying to justify petty passive/aggressive control freak behavior. Ignore it. And this site is full of ugly green font. It's not really about that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    He neither works for Blizzard nor currently develops an MMO, so there's no reason for his tweets to be featured.

If you want to read what he tweets, follow him on Twitter.
    No. I'll just read it here. This site covers plenty of games that aren't mmo's.

Quote Originally Posted by DeusX View Post
    NO! Why should I make the effort to avoid something useless to most people here, when you can just go and follow him on twitter or his blog? Why should I opt out when you should be the one actually opting in??? It's always anoying when we are automatically signed into some niche shit (totally unrelated to WoW or any other MMO in this particular case) and have to opt out of it.

However, MMOC admins will probably not remove that shit from the frontpage, as they somehow think it's "content", fills the page when they have nothing better to post.
    Or they could keep it as both this poll here and the original one clearly shows that quite a few people are intrested in the tweets and blog posts.
    Stop being so bloody bitter and go troll some other forum.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd venture the masses don't give a shit about pet battles but it doesn't stop MMOChampion from talking about battlepets if something comes up.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    I'd venture the masses don't give a shit about pet battles but it doesn't stop MMOChampion from talking about battlepets if something comes up.
    At least that shit is current, ie relevant.
    Unlike "i did this like over 3 years ago at a place where i don't work anymore".
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    He chooses to answer wow questions on his own twitter. It's somewhat unreasonable to tell people that they should never ever answer another question online regardless of the venue if it deals with his previous work. It's not like he's going out and publishing them on every site willing to listen to him.
    Dude, I am not asking him to do anything. I said he has the option to.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I personally find his posts quite insightful. I don't always agree with all his opinions but I tend not to care so much about actual opinions as the motivations behind them.

What does annoy me are the idiots who will twist something he says to try and suit their own narrative which, more often than not, doesn't even relate to what he is actually saying.

Something I do actually respect him for is that he tends to be somewhat cautious about this and makes sure to answer most of the WoW questions directed at him in a neutral, factual way, which likely frustrates the people asking him their leading questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Or they could keep it as both this poll here and the original one clearly shows that quite a few people are intrested in the tweets and blog posts.
    Stop being so bloody bitter and go troll some other forum.
    So whoever is having a different opinion than yours and also brings some arguments, is trolling? I am not bitter, I am supporting the idea of removing GC's current postings from MMOC's frontpage.

But you, mate, are maybe too much tryharding in becoming the next ninja game designer to even make the difference between trolling or argumented discussion. Your only argument is the 48% votes saying GC should stay on the frontpage. Do you have more? Maybe you are trolling, because as far as I fucking see it, majority is in favor of removing it, so what's up? (Of course, this is not some administrator's poll, but just saying). You have ZERO arguments, troll.

Mate, you and people like you are what is wrong with the forums, in general.

Quote Originally Posted by DeusX View Post
    So whoever is having a different opinion than yours and also brings some arguments, is trolling? I am not bitter, I am supporting the idea of removing GC's current postings from MMOC's frontpage.

But you, mate, are maybe too much tryharding in becoming the next ninja game designer to even make the difference between trolling or argumented discussion. Your only argument is the 48% votes saying GC should stay on the frontpage. Do you have more? Maybe you are trolling, because as far as I fucking see it, majority is in favor of removing it, so what's up? (Of course, this is not some administrator's poll, but just saying). You have ZERO arguments, troll.

Mate, you and people like you are what is wrong with the forums, in general.
    Why this anger over a small pice of text every month or even less often?
    I'm not "tryharding" anything I just think you are silly for overreacting over such a trivial matter.

Why you have to resort to personal insults and language such as this, I just don't get. I do belive it will hold you back in life however.

In any case, I would not see it as the end of the world if these posts were to be removed but I still appreciate his insights and thoughts and I enjoy reading teh GC posts.

Just put up a sticky on general discussion and then post them to your hearts content.

Ive always said opinion should be kept to the forums and New information should be on the front page.

Thats just my opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heeresman View Post
    At least that shit is current, ie relevant.
    Unlike "i did this like over 3 years ago at a place where i don't work anymore".
    Obviously there are a large percentage of people who still enjoy reading his insights. You might not be one of them. Ignore it! YAY!
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    Yes. He's not a designer on WoW. He's actually a reason the game went to hell and he's also why we have CRZ. I cheered on the day he was fired.
    He only becomes a scapegoat when people make him one, like you've done. He *was* a designer on WoW, and definitely wasn't fired, and definitely didn't make solo decisions that drove the state of the game. There are/were a lot of people working at Blizzard and there's no one captain that sails the ship. You're giving him too much credit.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't like seeing them..but if people still want it ill just keep scrollin...Scroll on boys!

Nah, let's keep him.

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozler View Post
    If you don't follow his Twitter, how the hell are you becoming annoyed? Your title is literally, "Ghostcrawler tweets are becoming annoying" and then you say you don't follow his social media.

What in the actual fuck...
    He's upset because once a week or so mmo champ posts some of his wow related tweets. Really no matter how you look at it, it's childish.