Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    While there certainly isn’t really an avenue with the Amani incorporation, there are plenty of other forest troll tribes that the Horde could pick up in the Hinterlands and even the Arathi Highlands. Specifically with the Hinterlands, those trolls have been warring with the Wildhammer for decades and with the Wildhammer being 100% Alliance now, it’d be easy to swing that - especially since the Horde’s already got one of the tribes on their side.
    Hintherland trolls are Amani....

Quote Originally Posted by Razion View Post
    More build variance in general is a wanted feature, I think. I don't think many people would object to sliders.

Because of how models in the game work, very few attributes modern games use for sliders would actually work that way. The OP's suggestion work require a new or repurposed skeleton with new skins and new or repurposed animations. (Not that I'm against it.)

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Eh, I like the trolls in WoW actually.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleJin View Post
    You are welcome!

Amani are the best trolls. They look the best and act the best. Unlike these caricatures we have now.

Only schmucks don't play games they like because of future dlc.

- - - Updated - - -

But they are there. Enough reason to include them, if only for the looks.
    The problem there is that over half the game is usually DLC. And about 9 million bug fixes are required.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Vilebranch = Hinterlands / Witherbark = Arathi, they split off after the Troll Wars.

But they do have the bigger male models found on the Amani as well

I don't see pure Amani trolls of Quel'thalas(mainly east of ghostlands) ever join horde again, with bloodelves in our ranks, but those split off tribes can easily be retconned/updated/added in.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-09-27 at 04:28 PM.

Deleted
    Only schmucks pay quadruple what they could a year later
    Only schmucks think themselves immortal
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Not enough of them to warrant it.

Same reason Alliance didn't get high elves.
    You got some tribe census?

If one tribe of Darkcucks can make whole of troll military in da Horde then Raventusk are no less. Also they did not include them because of no subraces playable so far, not because of their numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    Vilebranch = Hinterlands / Witherbark = Arathi, they split off after the Troll Wars.

I don't see pure Amani trolls of Quel'thalas(mainly east of ghostlands) ever join horde again, with bloodelves in our ranks, but those split off tribes can easily be retconned/updated/added in.
    There's also the Firetree and Smolderthorn Tribes from the Dark Horde. With the Dark Horde now destroyed, they could join the Horde.

Deleted
    My opinion
    Ok, I get it, yoou are a littl girl and like lithe, little boys instead of grown up, muscular trolls.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magistrate View Post
    Because of how models in the game work, very few attributes modern games use for sliders would actually work that way. The OP's suggestion work require a new or repurposed skeleton with new skins and new or repurposed animations. (Not that I'm against it.)
    Given we already have trolls in the game which have this build and which can wear armour, I think it would be a pretty "low-effort" move for Blizzard, at least.

The OP isn't asking for some entirely new model, or one that cannot currently wear armour or the like. All they'd need would be some new textures, maybe. They have attack and casting animations and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post

Vilebranch trolls are Amani that renamed themselves after
    Centuries fighting quelthalas like High Elves thinking hurr hurr im not blood elf.

Amani lore is vilebranch lore

Deleted
    That moment when you get reminded trolls can have another meaning

Quote Originally Posted by LittleJin View Post
    Ok, I get it, yoou are a littl girl and like lithe, little boys instead of grown up, muscular trolls.
    Pls no ralph

Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    Given we already have trolls in the game which have this build and which can wear armour, I think it would be a pretty "low-effort" move for Blizzard, at least.

The OP isn't asking for some entirely new model, or one that cannot currently wear armour or the like. All they'd need would be some new textures, maybe. They have attack and casting animations and so on.
    They would also need high fidelity high poly models which took all of the vanilla races (same age as old models in question) months.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    Eh, I like the trolls in WoW actually.

The problem there is that over half the game is usually DLC. And about 9 million bug fixes are required.
    It is not as bad as you say! I know it, because I identify as shekels!

- - - Updated - - -

This one speaks the truth.
    Pls no ralph
    I regret checking it.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magistrate View Post
    They would also need high fidelity high poly models which took all of the vanilla races (same age as old models in question) months.
    Hmmm, do they not have high-poly bulky Trolls? I really thought WoD had bulky Trolls, but perhaps they're low-poly.

The Warcraft based models in HotS are all superior to the WoW models. All of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well only one Forest Troll Tribe is with the Horde and that's the Revantusks.
    It's the same with the Ogres in which only two tribes or clans are in the Horde too.

So I wouldn't mind if you could create a Jungle/Forest/Zandarli Troll as customization and then finally new race Ogres.
    Will be perfect.
    For the Horde!

Hmmm, do they not have high-poly bulky Trolls? I really thought WoD had bulky Trolls, but perhaps they're low-poly.
    All bulkier trolls are from TBC (Forest Trolls) and WotLK (Ice Trolls), except for that one boss in Throne of Thunder (the one in the council), which uses a custom model and can't equip gear. That model was recently reused for the Forest Troll brutes wandering in Stromgarde for the Death Knight class hall campaign in Legion.

That said, the bulkier trolls are just modified troll models. Their animations are the same, and I think the most complex part to do is the head, since the bigger trolls have different proportion in their heads than standard trolls, and can't equip most helmets.

Compared to making an entirely new models, it's far less effort indeed. But still some effort.

I think sub-races are coming next expansion, as part of improved character customization. If my guess is right, you'll get your bulkier trolls. And also broken, nightborne and others.

Darkspear trolls are Gurubashi....

Well I like jungle troll theme and design more but I agree that forest trolls should be an option too. And well, jungle troll guys don't have finished models frankly.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

10+ Year Old Account
    You mean you don't like trolls looking how they have looked since Warcraft 3?

To be fair though Zul'Jin is a forest troll, they are more upright than their Darkspear cousins, if you remember back in Warcraft 2, trolls there were upright

Forest Troll

So unless Horde are getting forest trolls I don't see this.
    Last edited by Orby; 2017-09-27 at 05:55 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance