Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Meh, the Hero is bad. Dies to any dive, can't heal herself and really bad at healing high priority targets without revealing herself on flanks.

Can we already have a new Hero? The one after Junkrat of course.

Quote Originally Posted by RH92 View Post
    Meh, the Hero is bad. Dies to any dive, can't heal herself and really bad at healing high priority targets without revealing herself on flanks.

Can we already have a new Hero? The one after Junkrat of course.
    Not being able to target hurts immensely as well.

It's simply pretty much impossible to heal a target that has an ally between you and them in the chaos of a fight. She cannot be solo support as she's now, I feel.

Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    Not being able to target hurts immensely as well.

It's simply pretty much impossible to heal a target that has an ally between you and them in the chaos of a fight. She cannot be solo support as she's now, I feel.
    It's the healing equivalent of Garrosh's Wrecking Ball (and probably a lot of other skills). Annoying when there's lots of heroes bunched up, sure. Manageable with good positioning/etc, however.

10+ Year Old Account
    She cannot be solo support as she's now, I feel.
    I doubt any buffs could make her solo Support. I think her numbers are fine, it is just the way her kit is.

I am not saying her kit is bad though, she brings a ton of utility and even damage. It is just the way her healing works, you either sacrifice your priority targets or yourself by getting into position to cover all targets.

She seems rather niche overall, I doubt you can use her outside of double support + hyper carry composition.

Quote Originally Posted by Austilias View Post
    Manageable with good positioning/etc, however.
    Not at all. In order to get a good position to cover all your allies you often heavily compromise your own safety.

Quote Originally Posted by RH92 View Post
    Not at all. In order to get a good position to cover all your allies you often heavily compromise your own safety.
    I haven't really felt that way. The range of her skills lets me comfortably support from all sorts of positions.

Maybe I've just been lucky and not encountered many flankers yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tried her out, seems hilariously bad.

The funniest part of it all though, is the healing sniper who has a global snipe ulti, which also heals, while the offensive sniper can just about target off map XD.

Nova rework Inc.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Austilias View Post
    I haven't really felt that way. The range of her skills lets me comfortably support from all sorts of positions.

Maybe I've just been lucky and not encountered many flankers yet.
    The 1st time I played her, on the opposing team, they had: Anub, Kerri, Kharazim, Valeera + another dps.

Try to heal anyone versus that. Positioning is not possible in a fight, when your allies are blocking you from healing someone that has dived in. It's simply not possible.

The 1st time I played her, on the opposing team, they had: Anub, Kerri, Kharazim, Valeera + another dps.

Try to heal anyone versus that. Positioning is not possible in a fight, when your allies are blocking you from healing someone that has dived in. It's simply not possible.
    yea but these things have nothing to do with her. In literally any team based game you alter your play style based on your allies. If you are playing ana anda full health hero keeps body blockign someone who needs healing then THEY are the problem. Its not different than the fact that Uther heals better if people bunch up , or how tyrande needs to attack things to heal quickly. Its a Different kit for a different problem and like every different hero it needs to be handled differently

its almost like they specifcally make heroes to work mechanically differently

its like people in overwatch saying Doomfist is overpowered. Well if you let a guy channel a 2 second ability without stepping 2 feet to the side or fight him in an enclosed space why do you expect to live?

Ana is fine, she's no different than any other healer, Shes good or bad depending on how coordinated and aware your team is
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

Quote Originally Posted by tristannarutofan View Post
    yea but these things have nothing to do with her. In literally any team based game you alter your play style based on your allies. If you are playing ana anda full health hero keeps body blockign someone who needs healing then THEY are the problem. Its not different than the fact that Uther heals better if people bunch up , or how tyrande needs to attack things to heal quickly. Its a Different kit for a different problem and like every different hero it needs to be handled differently
    No.

It's the one who cannot do anything when everyone else is doing their thing as they used to, that is the problem, in this case, Ana, and more specifically: her kit. It is all about her. Her kit does not allow her to pick her healing target through other allies, as every other healer does already. That's a minus, no matter how you look at it.

And it's completely different than any other healer. If Ana can't heal when allies are body blocking her, then it's her problem, and she will not be used because she suffers from her shortcomings and another healer that can target who they want to heal will be used in her place.

You cannot expect your teammates to move from in front of a target you want to heal at all times. It's simply not feasible: a Thrall for instance, needs to perform his combos and position himself accordingly to what the enemy team is doing. Even if he does sidestep every time you want to heal someone else he is bodyblocking, your Thrall is dead for the seconds he sidesteps (and they are a lot of seconds, since he would need a 1sec sidestep every 2 seconds), doing no damage to anyone. I would much prefer to have a healer that does not force my damage dealers to sidestep constantly, so I can get healed as a tank for instance and also have a chance to not get healed by that, because even the best players can and will miss shots.

Ana is a miss in HotS. The only reason she works in OW is because her Grenade heals her for half her HP when used on herself and also deals 1/4th of the max hp of most of the cast that will dive her, is much safer in OW and comparatively has a much higher kill potential by herself. In HotS, her grenade heals her for like 5% of her max hp, is on a 50% longer cd, and she cannot do anything serious to a bruiser that dives in her face, like Kerri or Anub.

She doesn't heal herself so she is easy to eliminate
    Last edited by skorpio; 2017-09-29 at 04:26 AM.

*ana released*

*see's every ana casting her ult on AA heroes*

*sigh*

Tip #1: Don't expect that your randos will come to your help. At all. Ever.

Quote Originally Posted by skorpio View Post
    She doesn't heal herself so she is easy to eliminate
    She heal herself with grenade. No to mention that 3sec is enough to escape.
    When a player quits EVE and goes to WoW, the average IQ in both games increases.

Quote Originally Posted by OmniSkribe View Post
    She heal herself with grenade. No to mention that 3sec is enough to escape.
    Grenade Heal is very small, and it's on a 16 sec CD. Hardly a life saver there. And you only get 3 sec to escape if nothing breaks the sleep. Fine if a lone Illidan dives you while you're running through the bushes, no so good if you're dived in lane with minions potentially attacking them and breaking it, or if, you know, Illidan doesn't dive you by himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    *ana released*

*sigh*
    Even if an AP hero gets boosted, 9/10 they don't know it because it's so subtle and quiet.

Also you haven't lived until you see a boosted Garrosh throwing things around like a blender with it's lid off.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    *ana released*

*sigh*
    It's not just caster assassins that get value out of it.

Try throwing it on an Artanis who has Triple Strike and Titan Killer. Not only does he absolutely SHRED people with W chains, he's also basically immortal at that point because his shield refresehes continuously.

ETC turns into a disruption machine

Vallas burst becomes hilarious

Thrall becomes a shredding and self-healing monster
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Love versing ana when im kel'thuzad. A lot of them will go eye of horus and i can easily snipe them with shadow fissure and are usually dead by them hit twice by it. Ana wants to snipe from afar i can do it to except mine is a lot more effective.

Back from holiday and playing. So far, I'm struggling to find a reason to pick her over Morales.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    Back from holiday and playing. So far, I'm struggling to find a reason to pick her over Morales.
    Towers of Doom and Cursed Hollow.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Towers of Doom and Cursed Hollow.
    Because of Eye of Horus? I'm finding that a little underwhelming, though I did manage to pick off a fleeing Garrosh with 5 shots earlier which, to be fair, ranks as one of my favourite ever moments in the game
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh