Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Isn't that what LoL did for a while?

Anyway, transferring your frustration onto the computer is 100% a player choice. Don't do it if you don't want people who just play to unwind to report you for being an ass. It is really easy to not be a toxic asshole on Overwatch if you're doing it ever then the problem is you, and kudos for Jeff for saying "Fuck off to some plebby shooter if that's you"
    It did then they dismantled it cause it didn't really work as well as expected though I'm not sure exactly what as I didn't follow that story

10+ Year Old Account
    The problem is not toxic people. The problem are the reason people get toxic, aka terrible people, leavers or trolls. To me, being "toxic" is usually just being passionate about the game and taking it very serious.

it is fun to be toxic tho sometimes when the game is going to shit everyone sucks and picking whatever no chance of winning may as well have some alternative fun 8D

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Isn't that what LoL did for a while?

Anyway, transferring your frustration onto the computer is 100% a player choice. Don't do it if you don't want people who just play to unwind to report you for being an ass. It is really easy to not be a toxic asshole on Overwatch if you're doing it ever then the problem is you, and kudos for Jeff for saying "Fuck off to some plebby shooter if that's you"
    There are psychological limits to what people can withstand before they react in similar capacities. Whether it's physical or verbal, at some point most people will snap and retaliate. That's why people try to raise so much awareness about bullying because the people who don't harm themselves just turn and harm others in the same way. It's an endless cycle.

Punishing people at this juncture who have received abuse without checks and balances for a year is sorta not going to fix the problem. It's just going to ruin the entire experience even more and provide further validation to the originators. What they really should do is just action accounts that have had the longest history of reported issues. I'm sure I've been reported tons in the last two seasons, but likely never before that. That's because I try and try and try to be positive, keep playing well, and eventually I snap and just don't care.

I don't sit in spawn with torb and do nothing, but let me tell you that if I get banned for being reported for 'griefing' because I played Hanzo or Widow I will probably demand a refund back for the game.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    There are psychological limits to what people can withstand before they react in similar capacities. Whether it's physical or verbal, at some point most people will snap and retaliate. That's why people try to raise so much awareness about bullying because the people who don't harm themselves just turn and harm others in the same way. It's an endless cycle.

Punishing people at this juncture who have received abuse without checks and balances for a year is sorta not going to fix the problem. It's just going to ruin the entire experience even more and provide further validation to the originators. What they really should do is just action accounts that have had the longest history of reported issues. I'm sure I've been reported tons in the last two seasons, but likely never before that. That's because I try and try and try to be positive, keep playing well, and eventually I snap and just don't care.

I don't sit in spawn with torb and do nothing, but let me tell you that if I get banned for being reported for 'griefing' because I played Hanzo or Widow I will probably demand a refund back for the game.
    News Flash! you cant be banned for playing a certain character. if your actively trying to move payload or shoot pple near it get on the point whatever doesn't matter how bad u are at doing it you cant be banned its that simple pple. You could stand continuously fire random arrows in to the point as hanzo miss everything but doesn't matter no one can dictate how u want to play within the confines of the RULES

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffyfluff View Post
    News Flash! you cant be banned for playing a certain character. if your actively trying to move payload or shoot pple near it get on the point whatever doesn't matter how bad u are at doing it you cant be banned its that simple pple. You could stand continuously fire random arrows in to the point as hanzo miss everything but doesn't matter no one can dictate how u want to play within the confines of the RULES
    You can't guarantee this will happen. Unfortunately a lot of their systems are automated. If enough people report you for 'griefing' or whatever the not team player category is, it will just kick in. I'm sure you can appeal, but it wouldn't surprise me if Hanzo/Widow mains get some sketchy things happen once this system is implemented fully.
    BAD WOLF