Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tota View Post
    Read my post that you quoted again. Shirts affect ONLY females in the USA, just as hijabs affect ONLY females in the middle east.
    And that's where the damned comparison ends.
    Stop trying to bloody compare centuries of repression and oppression, which when broken means your DEATH or COMPLETE SUBJUGATION, to you not getting to show your tits in public. Are you aware that you are not getting acid thrown in your face over this, but Muslim women are? Do you know they stone them to death over this in their home countries? And you somehow think this oppression ends when she switches country and still can't take of her hijab?
    Your complaint is inane and ignorant. That you even have the spine to compare pathetic t-shirt problem with what a hijab means...

Quote Originally Posted by Yaney View Post
    Cool, but why should Europeans care? Keep that shit in Middle East. kkthxbb
    Lol spot on.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not ignorant at all. I simply see hypocrisy in your words and calling you on it. The DEGREE of sexism and oppression doesn't matter - it ALL needs to piss off. Both your condoning of forcing ONLY females to wear shirts and others forcing ONLY females to wear hijabs. End of discussion from me.
    You prove your ignorance even more by ignoring my entire post and just quoting a single sentance of it so you can keep on your tangent. The degree doesn't matter?! REALLY?!
    I've entirely lost my patience with your juvenile tirade. You are completely and utterly oblivious to nuance. Go talk to so muslim women who've had their faces burnt off with acid how you feel bad about not being allowed to swing your tits in public. I'm sure they'll sympathize with your plight and inspiring endurance.

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Endus; 2017-09-27 at 05:57 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    I see people still adhere to the myth that every woman wearing a hijab or Niqab has been forced to do so.
    Well no, but at least 90% does. If not for absolute laws in Muslim countries, it would be by sheer peer pressure in most western societies.

Than again, if she belongs to the 10% that actually made her choice by her own, i`m all for it. But lets not kid ourselves.

Oh, and personally i find her cosplays looks somewhat ridiculous.

Is it a cosplay if she doesn't show a ton of cleavage? I thought cleavage was a prereq.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Cut out the religion-bashing. It has no place here. If your only reason for participating in this subject is to bash on religion, or this girl's religion specifically, then don't post.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    You prove your ignorance even more by ignoring my entire post and just quoting a single sentance of it so you can keep on your tangent. The degree doesn't matter?! REALLY?!
    I've entirely lost my patience with your juvenile tirade. You are completely and utterly oblivious to nuance. Go talk to so muslim women who've had their faces burnt off with acid how you feel bad about not being allowed to swing your tits in public. I'm sure they'll sympathize with your plight and inspiring endurance.

[Infracted]
    What did I know that is religion-bashing, Endus? I'd very much like to know. How could we ever possibly talk about this at all if the mere mention of what happens in the name of a religion is deemed "bashing"? It's incredibly counter-productive and entirely kills any discussion.

Oh heck yeah I do. Frick clothes that are not needed. Anytime I see a male without a shirt on in public around me, it's all I can do to restrain myself from taking mine off too right then and there. Frick clothing sexism and oppressive clothing rules!
    How is that even sexism or oppressive?

15+ Year Old Account
    Because males don't have breasts, an part of your body that is highly sexualized and as a result taboo.
    Man have breasts. Man can get breast cancer. Man can have man boobies.

Defending people choosing to wear hijab is not defending oppression. It is defending their right to freely choose what to wear. By arguing against that right you are supporting oppression. Just because you support it doesn't stop it from being oppression. You are actively arguing that no one can freely choose to wear a hijab and thus are wrong. That is textbook oppression.

A woman doesn't have to feel ashamed about their body just because they wear a hijab. Just like a person that shows zero skin is not ashamed of their body. Despite modern society claiming people who don't show off in bikini's are prudes are ashamed of their body. You don't fight oppression by saying removing the rights of people. You are removing their right to wear a hijab if they want to just because you hate them.

- - - Updated - - -

And stop bringing up this strange US law I've never heard about like it somehow applies to me. Did you see that I'm Swedish?
    So? You aren't muslim either yet you are discussing that.

We shouldn't allow the hijab, niqab or the burqa. I stand firm on that. Freedom of life and choice doesn't equals freedom to oppress.
    Then why are you for oppressing their choice in clothing? You are supporting the oppression of Hajibs. You can't argue against oppression while oppressing. That is being a hypocrite no matter what country you are from.

This all reminds me of how it's bad to see a woman in her underwear but it's okay to see her in a bikini. That's a strange thing to me, but I suppose it's got to do with the mood state someone is in while wearing different things. Underwear is more intimate, more private, due to association and habit.
    Which is the same thing that a Hijab falls under. You want to oppress them from wearing it just because. But would have no problem with them wearing a ski mask I bet. Or scarves or another head carvings that are not a hijab.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yaney View Post
    Cool, but why should Europeans care? Keep that shit in Middle East. kkthxbb
    You evidently cared enough to read the thread and chime in with your salt ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/magazin...in-her-outfits

Yeah another video but I quite liked her costumes
    "Captain America in a hijab" is a huge contradiction.

15+ Year Old Account
    Go talk to so muslim women who've had their faces burnt off with acid how you feel bad about not being allowed to swing your tits in public. I'm sure they'll sympathize with your plight and inspiring endurance.
    So it isn't oppression to force women (and others) to wear clothing and shame, imprison, or harass them if they don't. They just can't wear a specific article of clothing. It isn't about the oppression that the clothing brings but entirely about the religion the article is related to.

http://metro.co.uk/2016/10/06/can-yo...veils-6175120/

Take that quiz. I bet you don't get them all right (and I going to say you are lying if you do). So are they being oppressed because they are covering their face? Or is it only Muslim women who are oppressed no matter what because they have to cover their face? Them freely choosing to wear head coverings, even if not Muslim, is still them being oppressed?
    Last edited by rhorle; 2017-09-27 at 07:13 PM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Svad1287 View Post
    If Steve Bannon and his mates at Breitbart sees this, they are gonna go up in rightous flames of patriotism and declare a superhero war on BBC xD
    What does that have to do with a muslim cosplaying?

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess, good on her. She lives in a society where she has the ability to wear or not wear the hijab (bare min), while other countries force it down women's throats.

So good for her being able to decide to wear it, and cosplay with it, even though it clearly isnt a religious symbol.

As it is, feminism needs to spread their great war against the patriarchy to the middle east, and saudi arabia, and iran, and so on.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    If she is actually choosing to put that shit on her head then who cares?

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    I see people still adhere to the myth that every woman wearing a hijab or Niqab has been forced to do so.
    Unless you're in one of the Muslim countries that make every single woman wear a hijab or nigab.
    Last edited by Rooflesstoofless; 2017-09-27 at 07:30 PM.

Her cosplay is weak and ugly... pretty sure she just did it just for attention.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Her cosplay is weak and ugly... pretty sure she just did it just for attention.
    mmmm. more than likely She probably wanted to cosplay regularly, but probably has fundamentalist conservative parents.

How brave of her to do that thing that she always does anyway to make an inaccurate cosplay.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

Disrepeccin da flagg!!!!!111

10+ Year Old Account

Brave, I must say but she does something she enjoys, so nothing more to say.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Wonder how the left would feel about a woman cosplaying with an added cross, or mitre, or something.
    F2P: If you don't think it's worth my money, I don't think it's worth my time.