Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    He's saying she's not dead because she was never alive to begin with. Same way a broken car isn't technically dead.
    So, just weld all the pieces together and call it a day?

Quote Originally Posted by Spicywiener View Post
    Old Gods are like cancer tumors. If you rip it out you are more likely to do more damage than good. We as mortals possibly don’t have the means to kill old gods due to our “primitive” magics and knowledge. I would wager that the next couple expansions have us looking for a way to harness the power of the void lords in order to destroy the old gods once and for all and save Azeroth’s Titan. Though I’m really not sure where they are gonna take the whole Azeroth is sleeping thing because if she wakes up we are fucked. The planet is more or less a cocoon for the world soul and if that soul wakes up the planet is destroyed ( though i could be wrong you could be left with an empry shell) Either way im super hyped on what new lore is coming our way its about time they moved the story forwards rather than relying on nostalgia from the RTS games.
    We definitely killed them. Nothing in lore suggests we didn't. We killed Yogg's brain which was more effective in terms of killing him while not killing Azeroth. We killed Cthun's main eye and his stomach which more than likely could be fully lethal to him much less it was confirmed in the comic he was dead.

Also to the people who keep saying the wound would be used to turn Azeroth into a void god that doesn't work. Old gods burrow from where they are.

Quote Originally Posted by KrakHed View Post
    So, just weld all the pieces together and call it a day?
    It might have a piece we can't fix with the available tools. For that matter, i seem to have misplaced my Light-welding torch.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    He's saying she's not dead because she was never alive to begin with. Same way a broken car isn't technically dead.
    Issue is from what we know xera was forged. But quite some Azeroth races were forged and we use the term dead for em. on top of that we learned that xera had a bloodline so again she doēs not behave like a lifeless construct. Anyways enuff of that shit we need more naaru lore and info bout that atamal crystal (think we gonna use it in some future expansion?)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stroggylos View Post
    we learned that xera had a bloodline so again she doēs not behave like a lifeless construct.
    Are you assuming Xe'ra's gender? Please note that Xe'ra has no blood nor do we have indication that Naaru utilize sexual reproduction. During the Exodar scenario, Velen says O'ros is of the 'line' of Xe'ra, not bloodline. Maybe they were forged the same way or have the same SKU or something.

Quote Originally Posted by aketus View Post
    And you have a source on Xera not being dead?

Source on them not being dead because were only mortals with steel swords and puny magic? Since there have been several sources saying they are dead in this very thread..

This kind of headcanon BS was okay in WOLTK era when OG lore was left up for speculation on purpose since there was never any confirmation about them. Since then it has been made clear: OGs are big parasites that we killed, end of discussion. No "we cant harm them, outside of cycle" headcanon. Read the Chronicles and other sources and stop glorifying them
    This is fantasy, they're 'dead' until they're not dead.

Jon Snow was dead. Now he's back. Magento was dead now he's back, Gandalf was dead now he's back. Logan was dead now he's back.

If the dev's want either C'Thun or Yogg back in the next expansion they'll be back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Solitare-sp View Post
    This is fantasy, they're 'dead' until they're not dead.

Jon Snow was dead. Now he's back. Magento was dead now he's back, Gandalf was dead now he's back. Logan was dead now he's back.

If the dev's want either C'Thun or Yogg back in the next expansion they'll be back.
    This isn't "mostly dead." Dead is still dead. There's a difference between saying "now he's back" and "he was never dead."

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    This isn't "mostly dead." Dead is still dead. There's a difference between saying "now he's back" and "he was never dead."
    Indeed, but if the devs want to bring them back they will. If they want them to stay dead they will. Are we discussing what 'will' happen, or what 'can' happen?

Quote Originally Posted by Solitare-sp View Post
    Indeed, but if the devs want to bring them back they will. If they want them to stay dead they will. Are we discussing what 'will' happen, or what 'can' happen?
    Even if we are discussing what can happen it needs to be in a realm of believability within warcraft not some fantasy headcanon. Most people saying old gods are not dead will return are not just headcanoning they are outright ignoring everything Blizzard have said since basically Cataclysm Q&A, while holding onto 1-2 lines from in game old god fanatics who are either boastfull or bullshitters.

If Blizzard says A but an in game character says B. A is always truth. As of right now A is C'thun, Yogg and Y'saarj are dead. N'zoth is still (likely) Imprisoned but close to being free. Any other old gods in the universe are on other worlds. We might even one day have to go fight them unless there is a massive 50+ year time skip linking us to the Anduin comic finish where Azerothians finally push for the fight against the Void Lords.

World Safe Locations
    Silithus: The Wound
    •Silithus The Wound East Horde (New)
    •Silithus The Wound Main (New)
    •Silithus The Wound North Alliance (New)
    •Silithus The Wound West (New)
    So, whats the take on this? It seems we are getting camps around the Wound. Perhaps both Alliance and Horde try to protect it? Conflict is still on as both camps are quite separated, yet not too far from each other.

Question would be what is to the West and South? Or would the Wound be a zone by itself and camps on the edges of it, within Silithus?

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    So, whats the take on this? It seems we are getting camps around the Wound. Perhaps both Alliance and Horde try to protect it? Conflict is still on as both camps are quite separated, yet not too far from each other.

Question would be what is to the West and South? Or would the Wound be a zone by itself and camps on the edges of it, within Silithus?
    To the south, obviously - AQ lies.

question is, will it play a major roll in the future, or will the wound spawn unknown horrors from the center of Sillithus (where currently the Cenarion Circle has an established base on live servers.)

to the West - most likely just not a tactical place to put a camp, since being in the East/North lets you full back to Un'Goro if something bad happens... Fleeing from the west (other than the mountains that should be there unless Sargeras decimated them as well with his strike) will only get you to the sea.

other than that, i can't see any new information to be speculated upon.

Madness will consume you!!!

The more interesting part of that is the implication that the worldmap changes permanently.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier of Lordaeron View Post
    How would this affect the world map?
    The huge stab is gonna cause a massive tremor that would probably rock cities like Ogrimmar and Stormwind to the ground.
    11/4/23 Updated power level -> Sargeras > Xal'atath > Void Empowered Azshara > Alleria > Galakrond > Iridikron > N'zoth > Jailor > Argus > Death Empowered Sylvanas > Lich King Arthas > Kil'jaeden > Archimonde > Illidan > Deathwing

Demons can only be killed the twisting nether, wild gods can only be killed in the emerald dream, elementals can only be killed in the elemental planes.

Im sure if they wanted to they could make up some garbage how old gods need to be killed in some void nonsense.

By having a huge hole in Silithus.

Quote Originally Posted by lesty View Post
    Demons can only be killed the twisting nether, wild gods can only be killed in the emerald dream, elementals can only be killed in the elemental planes.

Im sure if they wanted to they could make up some garbage how old gods need to be killed in some void nonsense.
    Elemental lords like Ragnaros cannot be killed permanently, even in their own plane, unless the planet was destroyed most likely. This is stated in Chronicle Vol. 2

For that matter, Wild Gods eventually reincarnate too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard is lazy. They still have the isle of thunder pre 5.2 on the world map... you think they'd change it for that? Lol.
    Possibly, maybe, you never know.

Elemental lords like Ragnaros cannot be killed permanently, even in their own plane, unless the planet was destroyed most likely. This is stated in Chronicle Vol. 2

For that matter, Wild Gods eventually reincarnate too.

If that was the case the whole Shaman class hall questline wouldn't be what it is today soooo I'm not sure your info is correct.
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2017-10-04 at 06:07 PM.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Pretty sure Sargeras still has a body, else I don't see how he could cause the big wound in Silithus. Also, if C'thun's corpse is still near AQ or around there, I wouldn't mind him being revived. It isn't like we got a decent send off for him in Vanilla.
    from best i can gather its a stab with hios sword as hes betting locked away with the pantheon for eternity. a last attempt to destroy the titan before his sendoff.
    “Listen, three eyes,” he said, “don’t you try to outweird me, I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.”

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Could be. Hard to tell from the map, but I think only Silithus was wrecked and Ahn'Qiraj survived, so C'thun's carcass might be intact enough to revive. Dunno why N'Zoth would want to bring back competition, but hell... he's supposed to be the schemer, I'm sure he'd have some nefarious reason.

Also, very, very pleased to hear the area reference as the 'Wound in the World', since that is very close to an idea I had in my first expansion expansion concept and I've always found that particular bit of alliteration delightful.
    I could see N'zoth corrupting or using a "dead" C'thun and going all necromancer and having C'thun just do N'zoths bidding. No point wasting something powerful like that.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

7+ Year Old Account
    im sure phasing tech will be used
    “Listen, three eyes,” he said, “don’t you try to outweird me, I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.”