Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Deaths of Chromie

I was a little disappointed upon reaching Wymrest Temple just now to find that Chromie didn't have a quest for me. I had assumed that after I completed 8/8 she would provide another quest offering more Timewarped Badges.

If there aren't anymore quests then I must say I can't really find any reason to do the scenario anymore, which is a shame because I found it really fun and interesting. I was looking forward to running it each week as an extra source of badges. Sure you could farm it for the occasional 10 timewarped badges but I'm not sure that's worth the effort.

As a side note I really enjoyed the challenge of completing 8/8 without everything unlocked, but now that I have the 5th tier trait 'Fortuitous' it's much easier. I'd imagine that unlocking everything would take any remaining challenge out of it. This scenario is a great example of a new and interesting thing added in by Blizzard and I wish they kept it challenging.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Never played it. It was irrelevant to the story. At least the Suramar scenario had some part in the zone lore, but also became a wasted chance for Blizzard to add something extra in 7.2.5 in the Nighthold raid.
    /spit@Blizzard

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    Never played it. It was irrelevant to the story. At least the Suramar scenario had some part in the zone lore, but also became a wasted chance for Blizzard to add something extra in 7.2.5 in the Nighthold raid.
    Okay? Why does everything have to be related to the main story? I'm sorry you haven't played it, I guess.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    If it is related, you may actually want to try it. As it was implemented it was something for players not bothering with the main grinds of the expansion. WQ, AP, Legendaries, M+ etc. It was a side activity, more like battle pets.
    /spit@Blizzard

is there any bonus for beating it under 15 minutes?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feindy View Post
    is there any bonus for beating it under 15 minutes?
    There is not. No achievement, no extra loot, nothing at all. Spent a couple hours trying to do it and got nothing to show for it..

- - - Updated - - -

To OP:

There's pets from it if you're the collector type

This scenario seemed utterly pointless when announced. I am glad I never spent 1 second doing it lol.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrisxor View Post
    This scenario seemed utterly pointless when announced. I am glad I never spent 1 second doing it lol.
    Ever heard of a concept known as fun?

Quote Originally Posted by Ausername25 View Post
    Ever heard of a concept known as fun?
    I have I don't consider scenario's like these fun.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrisxor View Post
    I have I don't consider scenario's like these fun.
    You havent even tried it...

Formerly known as Arafal

I'm assuming we'll get the follow up next expansion when we get there at level 112.

15+ Year Old Account
    Deaths of Chromie was a lot of fun. One of the coolest things they added. Something totally new.

Also, if you don't want to do somethign...shitting all over it because you didnt want to do it is quite possibly the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

Not every thing is for you. Grow up.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rytoz/advanced

If there's one thing I'm not, it's in control.

I thought it was one of the most interesting pieces of content we've seen in a long time, especially if you went in blind and figured everything out just through playing.

I was a little disappointed upon reaching Wymrest Temple just now to find that Chromie didn't have a quest for me. I had assumed that after I completed 8/8 she would provide another quest offering more Timewarped Badges.

If there aren't anymore quests then I must say I can't really find any reason to do the scenario anymore, which is a shame because I found it really fun and interesting. I was looking forward to running it each week as an extra source of badges. Sure you could farm it for the occasional 10 timewarped badges but I'm not sure that's worth the effort.

As a side note I really enjoyed the challenge of completing 8/8 without everything unlocked, but now that I have the 5th tier trait 'Fortuitous' it's much easier. I'd imagine that unlocking everything would take any remaining challenge out of it. This scenario is a great example of a new and interesting thing added in by Blizzard and I wish they kept it challenging.
    I never considered farming Deaths of Chromie again after I completed it. I agree that it would make sense, since everything in the game eventually becomes farm, although Timewarped Badges are not a good enough incentive in my opinion.

The scenario was great. I finished day one with almost nothing unlocked, but from what I read on the forums difficulty varied quite dramatically with class and spec. As BM hunter my pet could tank big packs and bosses easily while keeping my dps well above what any tank would do. Since you can't technically outgear it (except for legendaries or stat priority gear), it would become a bit too harsh for some specs if there wasn't some power-up mechanic of some sort.

I think i got like 200+ badges from it one run once, gathered all the items and killed all the mobs I hadn't after I got all 8 shrines saved.

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't completed the scenario, but the runs I did were extremely fun.

Now that I'm ilvl 921, I should go back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sure you could farm it for the occasional 10 timewarped badges but I'm not sure that's worth the effort.
    It definitely is for DPS, unless you have a dedicated group for farming TW. Those queues make TW dungeons much slower.

You average about 30-40 a run in Deaths of Chromie, have no queue, and can faceroll all enemies with certain classes. You just start it, kill all the Magnataur bosses while looting the chest(s) at each shrine. You can even speed this up by checking the obsidian shrine to see if the triple chests are up. After that, teleport out (no prompt asking "Are you sure"), then re-queue.

Even getting 10 per run is superior to waiting a DPS queue. As someone who's literally done over 100 runs of this, getting 10 almost always happens. Getting 30-40 tends to be the average. And every now and then, you get 70+. I've had more runs where I get 70+ (including the 110 in 1 run) than the runs where I've gotten none and about on par with the number of runs where I only got 10.

As you rank up Chromie, this gets even better. More Sands of Time = More Badges and more Wallets (for pets and gold). Treasure radar I haven't tinkered around with, but being able to scout out the obsidian shrine from the outside to see if it's worth it sounds amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sfinna View Post

ilvl doesn't matter, it sets you to ilvl 1000. Sets and trinkets will, though.
    Last edited by Lime; 2017-09-27 at 11:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Deaths of Chromie is the only place to farm Timewarped Badges outside of Timewalking events. A good run can net me up to 500. Even a poor run gives as much as a timewalking dungeon. Minor amount of gold doesn't hurt either.

So if you really want to get weathered hierlooms without dealing with 4 other mouthbreathers, this is the way to go.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Sfinna View Post

But you're scaled up to 1000 ilvl, you're not going to do any more damage than you did before, unless you acquired set bonuses or better trinkets.

10+ Year Old Account
    deaths of chromie is a fun scenario, figuring out how to "cheat" the system by skipping or buying things before npc's need it because you time travel and know certain things beforehand is a fun gimmick

it also forshadows some future lore
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..