Quote Originally Posted by I Am Sam View Post
    what am i supposed to be looking at? we already knew this.

I know we all knew, but still nice to hear it from the main man.

Especially after poor D3's post. Just a little bit more carrot to dangle in front of us.

Yea, still doubt they'd ever outright confirm an expansion announcement though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aettis View Post
    What do you like to do that involves no RNG or grinds? Honestly asking.
    Not that person but I'd like to answer you.
    The two things I enjoyed in legion was the mage tower challenges and getting the riddle horse. No RNG or grind involved in either.
    I don't mind grinds. Grinds are the foundation of MMOs. But WoW isn't based around grinds, nor was it ever.
    Grind=getting the shaohao rep mount
    Grind=/=spending countless hours every day gathering argunite from everywhere on argus to GAMBLE with your lost time for a CHANCE at something useful

Quote Originally Posted by Vankelmir View Post
    Not that person but I'd like to answer you.
    The two things I enjoyed in legion was the mage tower challenges and getting the riddle horse. No RNG or grind involved in either.
    I don't mind grinds. Grinds are the foundation of MMOs. But WoW isn't based around grinds, nor was it ever.
    Grind=getting the shaohao rep mount
    Grind=/=spending countless hours every day gathering argunite from everywhere on argus to GAMBLE with your lost time for a CHANCE at something useful
    I'd consider the mage tower challenge a grind tbh, or at least partially. Repeating the same thing over and over in an attempt to get something. Sure its a bit more..involved than that. But its a bit of a grind. Same for grinding argunite. Argunite is a combination of grinding and RNG. Grind the currency for an RNG reward(although, I get why people dont like this, rather than grinding for a guaranteed reward. This is the issue I had with Paragon mounts, with no mounts from Reps. Still, very much a grind).

Grind=repeating the same content over and over for a reward
    RNG=doing content with the chance of getting a reward
    Last edited by Renley; 2017-09-28 at 02:39 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by George Costanza View Post
    bad click bait is bad - thats a topic about flyin on argus....

Quote Originally Posted by thunderinggolf View Post
    They definitely confirm a new expansion launch for Blizzcon in the video. It's weird that they would do a "year in review" in September, but I guess it makes sense if they are using it to sell the virtual ticket to people.
    How is it weird being in september? legion launched during september. hence being world of warcraft "year in review" its been a year for the new wow expansion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by George Costanza View Post
    Legion should have ended with sargeras being victorious.
    like him just literally killing azeroth, then we restart and they release WoW 2 in some years.
    Thank god blizzard is not sooooo dumb to do that and to just throw millions of montly cash away....

Say what you will Ion is great. I don't agree with every thing he says, but he definitely cares about the game. Glad he's at the helm.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Rares are rares.
    Really silly? would you show me ONE rare on the broken shore that would drop mounts/pets/toys?
    Chests are same shit. What are "GREAT" treasure chests
    the ones needed for the achivement [Shoot First, Loot Later]
    Broken Shore had pet battles?
    No it didnt - the Broken isle had. The shore only had 3 Trainers you could fight.
    It is exactly the same content. Exactly. More grind, more RNG.
    no its not but you dont see it with your hate tainted glasses.
    I guess if you enjoy doing the same shit for 12 months?
    So you dont like repition - why you play this game then wich is obviously not for you?

- - - Updated - - -

But WoW isn't based around grinds, nor was it ever.
    Sorry Mister I-never-played-Vanilla but resistence gear wants to have a word with you. Farming Tyrs Hand for cash and drops wants a word also.....

10+ Year Old Account
    Grinds was always a thing in Wow. It always will be in some form, you can debate if it's too much or just weaksauce.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    I'd consider the mage tower challenge a grind tbh, or at least partially. Repeating the same thing over and over in an attempt to get something. Sure its a bit more..involved than that. But its a bit of a grind. Same for grinding argunite. Argunite is a combination of grinding and RNG. Grind the currency for an RNG reward(although, I get why people dont like this, rather than grinding for a guaranteed reward. This is the issue I had with Paragon mounts, with no mounts from Reps. Still, very much a grind).

Grind=repeating the same content over and over for a reward
    RNG=doing content with the chance of getting a reward
    No, a grind is when you do the same thing over and over. The challenge is not a grind because you don't do the same thing, you ATTEMPT the same thing, and since you only complete the action on the attempt that you succeed there is no actual repetition.
    Killing 100 wolves is a grind, trying to kill a wolf 100 times with 99 failures is not a grind.

The whole point of the grind is that you KNOW what is at the end. You look at the bar slowly fill away and that is what makes it enjoyable, every minute that passes brings you closer to the goal.
    What those disgusting people over at blizzard have done is turn the goal into a roulette that basically resets your progress every time you reach it.

It's truly absolutely despicable game design and anyone who defends it is a shill or compulsive apologist.

Lmfao.

You lost me at "Invasion points are fun".

Enjoy away mate. I wish I could sift through the trash and be entertained.
    i don't think anyone believes invasion points are fun. Only the greater ones are okay, the regular ones just encourage afking.

10+ Year Old Account
    Invasion points aren't bad but they could be tweaked and or redone to be more interesting in it's current form.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

No, a grind is when you do the same thing over and over. The challenge is not a grind because you don't do the same thing, you ATTEMPT the same thing, and since you only complete the action on the attempt that you succeed there is no actual repetition.
    Killing 100 wolves is a grind, trying to kill a wolf 100 times with 99 failures is not a grind.

The whole point of the grind is that you KNOW what is at the end. You look at the bar slowly fill away and that is what makes it enjoyable, every minute that passes brings you closer to the goal.
    What those disgusting people over at blizzard have done is turn the goal into a roulette that basically resets your progress every time you reach it.

It's truly absolutely despicable game design and anyone who defends it is a shill or compulsive apologist.
    THat's why I said it's a partial grind. The Mage Tower is very much like raiding, which is a grind. You slam your head on a wall over and over and over, grinding away, making progress until you reach the reward. You still are repeating the same actions over and over for a reward, whether or not things actually die.

Roulette goals have been in WoW and every other MMO from the beginning of time, such as dungeons and raids(ya know, doing the same content over and over trying to get the piece of gear you want). I do just about every ounce of content in game, I'm very aware of what is and isn't a grind. Some content is a more tedious grind, some is a simple grind.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier of Lordaeron View Post
    i don't think anyone believes invasion points are fun. Only the greater ones are okay, the regular ones just encourage afking.
    I mean, they're no different than any other content(see dungeons, raids, scenarios, outdoor content, etc). You go in, kill things, get loot, win. It's a short little micro-burst of a dungeon. *shrug* I like em.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean, they're no different than any other content(see dungeons, raids, scenarios, outdoor content, etc). You go in, kill things, get loot, win. It's a short little micro-burst of a dungeon. *shrug* I like em.
    Not allowed to like things here.

Warrior-Magi

^Quoted for truth.

I can't believe someone would call Mage Tower challenges a grind.

They are the single best piece of content added to this game in years. They actually require skill. Skill in WoW! Amazing.

It has really shone a light on people who are insanely bad at this game yet RNG and grinding(play the game like a loser) has carried them in the past.
    I agree, the Mage Tower is great. I loved getting my appearance. It was a ton of fun. Still would classify it as a partial grind, because it required me to repeat the same content over and over to get what i want.

Deleted
    THat's why I said it's a partial grind. The Mage Tower is very much like raiding, which is a grind. You slam your head on a wall over and over and over, grinding away, making progress until you reach the reward. You still are repeating the same actions over and over for a reward, whether or not things actually die.

Roulette goals have been in WoW and every other MMO from the beginning of time, such as dungeons and raids(ya know, doing the same content over and over trying to get the piece of gear you want). I do just about every ounce of content in game, I'm very aware of what is and isn't a grind. Some content is a more tedious grind, some is a simple grind.
    I'm sorry I disagree, neither nor raiding nor the tower challenge can be classified as a grind.
    You could say that running raids on multiple difficulties with zero resistance is a grind and I'd agree but progress raiding is not a grind. And people who are banging their head against a wall are not progress raiding, they are waiting for gear and nerfs to carry them through the content.

As for RNG being a part of mmos, yea sure, most things come down to implementation.
    I'm not saying all RNG is inherently evil, it's nigh impossible for an mmo to function without some rng elements. My issue is with where they put it and how much of it and how each aspect of the game affects the rest.