Cast Blizzard after Frozen Orb on Single Target or not?

With T20 4-piece, single target fight, after Frozen Orb is cast which gives Blizzard instant cast, do you want to cast Blizzard or not? I know you would cast on multi-target for sure, but what about single-target?

15+ Year Old Account
    Nope, it's a dps loss.

I am a Mage.
    Avatar shamelessly stolen from Deviant Art, all credit to the author
    Phailah|Forged|Drak'thul EU

Quote Originally Posted by Karah View Post
    Nope, it's a dps loss.
    This ^^^^^^^^^^^^

The only way its a gain is if you have the belt equipped and blizzard at 5 stacks ST while orb is active.

Quote Originally Posted by Aktec View Post
    Is this with Arctic Gale?

Quote Originally Posted by XingYuen View Post
    Is this with Arctic Gale?
    I believe so yes, I just copied that image from the altered time thread. But have done a few of my own sims with arctic gale active and its definatly a dps loss. The only exception where you might consider it would be if you needed orb up quicker for something, like adds spawning.

It's such a nominal difference that it doesn't really matter. I've seen logs of top parses where they have cast instant blizzard, even on Goroth, and ones where they don't.

That sim is for pure single target with no add possibility at all, and even under those circumstances the dps difference is tiny. For something like Harj, depending on timing, it could be a significant gain (on harj it's not an issue though, since there seems to typically be adds you want to blizzard anyway)

Some of those top parses also could have been timing it so that they got one extra orb cast right at the end of the fight, which would also end up being a gain. It's such an insignificant difference that if you want to tryhard you could take the theoretical minuscule loss to try and get that good timing payoff in the end and it's nbd.

Personally I'm too lazy in WoW to try different stuff out and just cast frostbolts unless I need to move and orb is up, then I'll cast an instant blizzard while moving.

Quote Originally Posted by fiestatastic View Post
    It's such a nominal difference that it doesn't really matter. I've seen logs of top parses where they have cast instant blizzard, even on Goroth, and ones where they don't.
    Whilst there are several logs with players running Arctic Gale I am struggling to find any that cast Blizzard on an ST fight like Goroth in Heroic or Mythic.

@OP

As others have said it is a dps loss on ST to use Blizzard unless you are using the Belt. But you'd only be using the belt if you had no other choices. Otherwise, you'd be running the bracers + TW ring combo.

Deleted
    arctic gale on ST is a dps loss. Even with the belt.

I only use during movement basically. With frozen orb being used so much these days the instant cast buff is up fairly regularly and if I have no ice lance procs I will use the instant cast.