Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think I'm just going to quit gaming and come back in 10 years and see how fucked up everything is. Nobody plays RTS games anymore, everyone's making fucking MOBAs, everyone's making cash-grabbing mobile games, and the only companies that are making single player games are failing spectacularly at it, with a few exceptions. It just really fucking blows to be a gamer right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

I know most people will poo-poo the mobile game aspect, but I was talking with some people about how Blizz has the assets to make a really solid game on the platform along the lines of SW:GoH or FF:BE or w/e genre they happen to want to drop in on. MMO RTS sounds like Clash/Game of War style game which is disappointing to me personally because that's not a genre I enjoy but maybe I'll give it a shot when it comes out.

Always skeptical of how heavy the publishers end up leaning on micro transactions, but I guess if people are going to dump thousands into them they're going to keep doing it.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MyndZero View Post
    So they're porting WoW to mobile? Because it already has that level of shit in it
    Probably wouldn't be impossible to port vanilla wow to a tablet these days. Starcraft RTS on mobile though? I'll believe it when I see it.

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    I think I'm just going to quit gaming and come back in 10 years and see how fucked up everything is. Nobody plays RTS games anymore, everyone's making fucking MOBAs, everyone's making cash-grabbing mobile games, and the only companies that are making single player games are failing spectacularly at it, with a few exceptions. It just really fucking blows to be a gamer right now.
    Yea growing old blows. You move out of the most powerful consumer-age group and suddenly feel overlooked and neglected as the next generation is pampered with stuff that was previously directed at you.

Quote Originally Posted by redd View Post
    I know most people will poo-poo the mobile game aspect, but I was talking with some people about how Blizz has the assets to make a really solid game on the platform along the lines of SW:GoH or FF:BE or w/e genre they happen to want to drop in on. MMO RTS sounds like Clash/Game of War style game which is disappointing to me personally because that's not a genre I enjoy but maybe I'll give it a shot when it comes out.

Always skeptical of how heavy the publishers end up leaning on micro transactions, but I guess if people are going to dump thousands into them they're going to keep doing it.
    Whale spenders play into the greed of publishers and developers ruining it for regular and casual players more often than not as nobody wants to hear their critique as it's what you've come to expect: too much rng and timegating which are valid complaints turning new players away.
    Last edited by Tiwack; 2017-09-28 at 12:29 AM.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by cface View Post
    I should have been more clear. Activision is also doing good, cashwise. But Blizzard was something so much more then just cashing it in. They used to have huge respect from gamers. Everything they touched was turned into gold. Both epic singleplayer and having the same game being well received as an amazing esport.

Right now, all they got from that glorious past, is wow. I can't say anything about heartstone, but HotS, Overwatch, starcraft2 or diablo is not even close to live up to the Blizzard most of us grow up with. Can they make something with Overwatch? I doubt it
    Hearthstone was a phenomenon that defined the genre.. SC2 is the last RTS standing in a dead genre. Overwatch is also hugely popular. They are doing fine and maybe even better than in the past before they have WoW.

People here are just so silly as to take the decision to go into a lucrative market as a sign of doom. It's the only thing that makes sense. Your idealization of Blizzard never exists. They always adapt themselves to the market.
    Last edited by Wildmoon; 2017-09-28 at 02:45 AM.

Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Mobile games are a waste of development time. Blizzard shouldn't stoop so low to have "Game of War + Thrall"
    You could have the world in the palm of your hands
    You still might drop it

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Warcraft Clash of Clans spinoff, get hype.
    Have a good feeling you're right on the money with this one. Them shits rake in the money. Not that bad of a move on their part.
    "I don't contemplate, I meditate, then off your fucking head" -Kendrick Lamar
    "If you have no sauce, then you're lost. But, you can also get lost in the sauce."-Gucci Mane
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"-Colonel Sanders

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    Blizzard already makes a ton of money from mobile gaming. Who do you think owns Candy Crush Saga?
    Blizzard-Activision owns it, not Blizzard the publisher. Blizzard the publisher gets none of the profits from the mobile company, they're two separate entities.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    Hearthstone was a phenomenon that defined the genre.. SC2 is the last RTS standing in a dead genre. Overwatch is also hugely popular. They are doing fine and maybe even better than in the past before they have WoW.

People here are just so silly as to take the decision to go into a lucrative market as a sign of doom. It's the only thing that makes sense. Your idealization of Blizzard never exists. They always adapt themselves to the market.
    Hearthstone is worst card game ever created. It is ridiculously bad. HotS is worst "moba" (still hate calling games that) ever created (including maps for other games) and overwatch is just pure shit.

Im sure their new games are financial success and very popular... doesnt change the fact that they're shit. They are all quite simple, shallow, "jump in and play, and throw some money in" kind of games. Would fit perfectly with facebook games.
    Especially hearthstone. That game is a disgrace to card games. There are so many shitty games in that genre, but HS is head and shoulders above all of them in being shitty. Extremely simple, shallow and insanely expensive. But hey, makes lots of money and people play it. But its still shit. LoL is by far the worst moba after HotS yet its most popular. Saying that game is financial success and popular doesnt make it good.

And to touch your last point... they have always earned a lot with their games, but their games were good at the same time. Now they just spew out shit, terribly designed games that are to make most money with least effort and time to make them and keep them running. That is the issue. Their games were lucrative because they were top stuff, best there is. Now its more like simplest there is, going for quantity over quality.
    If you judge their games by how much money they make, sure, they are awesome. But if you judge them by quality and style of what they are making, they have become more like EA or Ubisoft and such trash companies(who also make big profits, yet are still shit). And hearthstone is by far the worst of it all.

Nowadays indie developers make games waaay above anything blizzard makes, both in amount and quality of content they provide. Its quite sad.

Tower defense game?

What the hell is an RTS mobile MMO?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozler View Post
    If they produce and release a mobile based game, I'm almost certain that will be the final nail in the coffin that is my love for Blizzard games. It's simply not the same anymore. I realize I'm being "one of those people," but to me it just feels like this affirms that Blizzard is no longer the same company that I loved to support. Just my two cents.
    FINALLY someone who's putting the final nail in the coffin of *their own personal love of Blizzard games* rather than Blizzard itself. Blizzard isn't even close to being in a coffin; like it or not they're making ludicrous amounts of money on all of their IPs and that isn't likely to change any time soon, so they're going nowhere. That you don't personally like the direction they've gone in and no longer play their games is nothing to do with the company itself.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by genai View Post
    Hearthstone is worst card game ever created. It is ridiculously bad. HotS is worst "moba" (still hate calling games that) ever created (including maps for other games) and overwatch is just pure shit.
    See, this is why opinions are highly subjective.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiwack View Post
    Probably wouldn't be impossible to port vanilla wow to a tablet these days. Starcraft RTS on mobile though? I'll believe it when I see it.
    you can play SC1 Brood War on a tablet right now, first google search of it:

https://www.addictivetips.com/androi...dows-emulator/

15+ Year Old Account
    MMO RTS on a mobile?

RIP.

I have lost all my hope on Blizzard.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Diễn đàn tuyệt vời như này cơ mà bây h mình mới biêt

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiangMai View Post
    Diễn đàn tuyệt vời như này cơ mà bây h mình mới biêt
    Shoo vietcong!
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Mobile games, that's where the money is now, more money for less hassle, just look at how much people are spending on just hearthstone.

I want this so bad but if there's micro-transactions of any kind with p2w features I will 100% never play it

Deleted
    lol @ all the angry nerds complaining that a video game company expands their game range, acting as if they're gonna do only mobile games from now on

it's not like almost every big game company has at least one mobile game by now

"lost faith in blizzard" jfc, can you be even more pathetic

Ahhh so this is where they will make Warcraft 4. What en evolution.