Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Dragon Aspects in 8.0

I wanted to make this thread asking what you guys think will happen with the Dragon Aspects in 8.0. Since 8.0 will most likely have a heavy influence in Old Gods and Titans; it is safe to say that the Dragon Aspects will play a big role since their power is from the Titans and their whole existence is to watch and protect Azeroth(especially from Old Gods/Void). However only 3/5 are currently alive.

So far we know:
    • 'Nozdormu'(time) is alive
    • 'Alextrasza'(life) is alive
    • 'Ysera'(emerald dream) is dead
    • 'Malygos'(magic) is dead- Orginal
      -'Kalecgos' is alive - New
    • 'Neltharion'/'Deathwing'(earth) is dead -Original
      -'Thrall' is alive - New
      Thrall is interesting because he isn't a Dragon but he replaced Neltharion in Cataclysm to defeat Deathwing.

I know 'Spiritwalker Ebonhorn' didn't play a huge role in Legion but I think we will see him a lot more in 8.0 because he reveals himself as a Black Dragon. Which we all thought there was only one left(Wrathion). Who we also didn't see at all in Legion. So this could mean more Black Dragons escaped Deathwings corruption and one could replace Thrall as the Black Dragon Aspect. Maybe even Thrall could become a Black Dragon? Who could replace Ysera as the Green Dragon Aspect? Or is Blizzard going to completely ignore them? I am a huge fan of the Dragon Aspects and would like to get some of your guys predictions on what will happen to them in 8.0! =)

10+ Year Old Account
    Well... i expect to see:

-Ysera:

There is always 2 Ysera's, one in the mortal plane and another in the dream, there is in a raid where her spirit comes at the end and shows a flower (the corruption), that corruption goes mainly through the dream (well is locked there as far as the "Stormrage" book says)

-Nozdormu:

We know he will eventually go mad, and we will eventually kill him when the time for the dungeon "End Time" comes, but until then we don't know what he will do, i expect to see more of Murozond and his dragonflight.

-Kalec:

Most likely will have minor appereances, helping the Kirin Tor and with Jaina, but nothing big.

-Thrall:

I believe he will become relevant when his child does, so i don't expect anything for the moment.

Can't believe it's how many years since Cata and people still say Thrall is an Aspect; he isn't and never has been and probs never will be.

7+ Year Old Account
    I want ysera back she had the best outfit well now that goes to Alextrasza i'd say sylvanas but they changed her model.. so yeah best elf outfit is her.. now if i had to say a human i would have to say jaina. now a blood elf vereesa. high elf alleria. night elf tyrande. orc definitely garona. not sure about any others thats all i could think of.
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

Malorne is stronger than Ysera in the nature department so he could become the next Green Dragon Aspect.

Thrall committed suicide or at least I hope he did while Wrathion becomes the new Earth Aspect.
    Last edited by LarryWithTheWeatherReport; 2017-09-28 at 05:04 AM.
    11/4/23 Updated power level -> Sargeras > Xal'atath > Void Empowered Azshara > Alleria > Galakrond > Iridikron > N'zoth > Jailor > Argus > Death Empowered Sylvanas > Lich King Arthas > Kil'jaeden > Archimonde > Illidan > Deathwing

Deleted
    Wrathion will come and unite the Aspects. But with the help of Jaina he will betray them, kill them all and absorb their powers. Wrathion will be the main villain in 9.0.

Thrall is not an aspect.. He was not even on when he was a stand-in for Neltharion.

Deleted
    Thrall isn't wasn't and never will be the Black Aspect. He was a standin for the earth ring to summon captain DragonSoul. That's it. He did the job of the Black Aspect for all of 2 minutes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bambs View Post
    Thrall isn't wasn't and never will be the Black Aspect. He was a standin for the earth ring to summon captain DragonSoul. That's it. He did the job of the Black Aspect for all of 2 minutes.
    Precisely this.

Also, the Aspects are gone. Now, they are just the most powerful dragons of each dwelling dragonflight. The dragons' importance is gone, their role ended back in Cataclysm.

I mean I kind of want Thrall to come back, at least playing a minor role like he did in MoP/WoD. Yes, yes I know orcs and especially Thrall aren't very appreciated, but I kind of miss orcs having some involvement in the world.

The trade-off for Thrall would be Saurfang, the guy who essentially does everything the Warchief should do without actually being the Warchief...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    Well... i expect to see:

-Ysera:

There is always 2 Ysera's, one in the mortal plane and another in the dream, there is in a raid where her spirit comes at the end and shows a flower (the corruption), that corruption goes mainly through the dream (well is locked there as far as the "Stormrage" book says)

-Nozdormu:

We know he will eventually go mad, and we will eventually kill him when the time for the dungeon "End Time" comes, but until then we don't know what he will do, i expect to see more of Murozond and his dragonflight.

-Kalec:

Most likely will have minor appereances, helping the Kirin Tor and with Jaina, but nothing big.

-Thrall:

I believe he will become relevant when his child does, so i don't expect anything for the moment.
    Nozdormu went mad in one of his timelines, doesn't necessarily mean he'll ever go mad in the timeline of the players though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Precisely this.

Also, the Aspects are gone. Now, they are just the most powerful dragons of each dwelling dragonflight. The dragons' importance is gone, their role ended back in Cataclysm.
    Unless the titans reinstate the aspects in some way.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by EUPLEB View Post
    Nozdormu went mad in one of his timelines, doesn't necessarily mean he'll ever go mad in the timeline of the players though.
    Nozdormu told us that he will and one day we'll have to kill him again.

But we know how the prophecies and future telling ends in WoW. I think it's because one can't SEE the future of their timeline. They can only see other timelines' "future" (for them it's past) so something that has already happened. Our timeline is our own and it's current, meaning characters can only PREDICT our future. Elisande realized that when she lost to us.

I hope we won't have to kill Noz and Alex but I wouldn't hold my breath. Alex has been through so much already I want Blizzard to give her some happy arc this time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by EUPLEB View Post
    Unless the titans reinstate the aspects in some way.
    Which doesn't seem it will anytime soon, since the Titans are dead [spoilers]and will act as energy to jail Sargeras[/spoilers].

The dragonflights are pretty much over. Blizzard moved away from Knaak's lore.

Quote Originally Posted by Bambs View Post
    He held the position of the Aspect of the Earth during the fight with Deathwing as per UVG. Possibly did it earlier during the battle against Chromatus as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

seems like blizzard is actually trying to slowly kill off the aspects......... my bet is that next expansion will be Kalec's death considering its a Jaina themed expansion.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    who cares about the Aspects since they have no power left all and now with the Pantheon self inprisoned how the heck should they get a power up? Aspect lore is over hell i bet even Anduin with his Priest Abilitys can 1vs1 the aspects now...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Icoblablubb View Post
    who cares about the Aspects since they have no power left all and now with the Pantheon self inprisoned how the heck should they get a power up? Aspect lore is over hell i bet even Anduin with his Priest Abilitys can 1vs1 the aspects now...
    yes, anduin.

the hippy that just picked a sword up for the first time without falling on his knees can totally down a winged firebreathing lizard that is 10 times as big as him.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    He held the position of the Aspect of the Earth during the fight with Deathwing as per UVG. Possibly did it earlier during the battle against Chromatus as well.
    A stand-in. Being a real aspect entails more than an ability to fill in the gap in the ritual. The power of the aspect, Neltharion commanded meant that he had dominion over the earth and deep places of the world. He could literally shape mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    yes, anduin.

the hippy that just picked a sword up for the first time without falling on his knees can totally down a winged firebreathing lizard that is 10 times as big as him.
    Alliance fist bump moment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    All it takes is an incel at the wrong place wrong time and we won't even know what hit us.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    I mean I kind of want Thrall to come back, at least playing a minor role like he did in MoP/WoD. Yes, yes I know orcs and especially Thrall aren't very appreciated, but I kind of miss orcs having some involvement in the world.

The trade-off for Thrall would be Saurfang, the guy who essentially does everything the Warchief should do without actually being the Warchief...
    Sadly with metzen no longer around and the latest writing team I doubt we're ever see orcs having any importance in the story again
    #boycottchina