7+ Year Old Account

Toy for moving around fast on argus?

It sucks not being able to use emerald winds as with slowfall i was able to traverse broken isles with ease when flying wasn't a thing yet. With Argus i have found Baarut the brisk toy to be useful, as well as goblin gliders off cliffs and slowfalling. Anyone else have other toys to recommend?

Around the Terminus, you can get the Radinax from the Rares. Not technically a toy, does the same thing as Baarut but with less CD and 3 charges. Also, you get to sit on a tiny Legion ship.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I once looted a [single use] green version of the meteor item from MoP (the one that launched you very high up into the air on a ballistic trajectory) from somewhere on Broken Shores. I think it was just a random Wyrmtongue box. I have not been able to find another. Supposedly, it allows you to bypass the 500 demon eye summon for that one asshole rare in Antoran Wastes. You fire up into the sky and at apogee you pop a glider and land on the terrace outside his room.

The mob in Ti that can drop the actual meteor item dies 5 seconds after it spawns, so gl farming that.
    Last edited by Nihilan; 2017-09-27 at 09:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skylarking View Post
    It sucks not being able to use emerald winds as with slowfall i was able to traverse broken isles with ease when flying wasn't a thing yet. With Argus i have found Baarut the brisk toy to be useful, as well as goblin gliders off cliffs and slowfalling. Anyone else have other toys to recommend?
    Got my Argus Teleporter from Engineering, my whistle, my gliders and my mounts, all I need.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilan View Post
    I once looted a [single use] green version of the meteor item from MoP (the one that launched you very high up into the air on a ballistic trajectory) from somewhere on Broken Shores. I think it was just a random Wyrmtongue box. I have not been able to find another. Supposedly, it allows you to bypass the 500 demon eye summon for that one asshole rare in Antoran Wastes. You fire up into the sky and at apogee you pop a glider and land on the terrace outside his room.

The mob in Ti that can drop the actual meteor item dies 5 seconds after it spawns, so gl farming that.
    And yet I can't get that to sell on my AH =/

Might use it to do the rare once for now though.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Got my Argus Teleporter from Engineering, my whistle, my gliders and my mounts, all I need.
    You have a flight masters whistle which works in Argus?

yes, the flight masters whistle gets upgraded to work in Argus after doing the quests.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by epLe View Post
    yes, the flight masters whistle gets upgraded to work in Argus after doing the quests.
    Just to say, it's rep based with Argussian Reach. I think revered, but may be honoured.

Quote Originally Posted by dexx View Post
    At Revered with the Agussian Reach, you can upgrade your whistle to work on Argus.

Radinax is actually the best way to move around Argus. It's fast, cheap (at least on my realm it costs less than 8g on AH), has 3s cd. And the best one - you can ride it in bear/cat/whatever-form and it looks hilarious. The only bad thing about radinax - item itself is unique, can't keep more than one in bags (but can keep more in the mail).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dexx View Post
    Yes, you get an item at revered (cant remember the faction) which enables your whistle to work
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    Argussian Reach revered for the whistle upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by vorchun View Post
    Radinax is actually the best way to move around Argus. It's fast, cheap (at least on my realm it costs less than 8g on AH), has 3s cd. And the best one - you can ride it in bear/cat/whatever-form and it looks hilarious. The only bad thing about radinax - item itself is unique, can't keep more than one in bags (but can keep more in the mail).
    Of course it's cheap. It's pretty much a 100% drop of the Terminus rares in Antorian Wastes.

Radinax should have been an actual mount, best skin from all the mounts on argus

Quote Originally Posted by Skylarking View Post
    Oh FFS...not even Emerald Winds works? Let me guess....it's because it's not "The Broken Shore", right?
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2017-09-28 at 01:03 PM.

I use an item I haven't seen anyone else use - Darkmoon Cannon.

Not only does it make you neutral upon use (and therefore saves you from mob aggro), but it launches you pretty far away as well. Coupled with goblin glider or a slowfall mechanic, and you can scale cliffs, cross ravines, and skip over entire sections of mobs. It doesn't work everywhere, though, so try and find solid, level ground to use it on when available.