Poll: probability of expansion reveal

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Heroes of the Storm, June 2nd 2015. StarCraft 2, July 27th 2010. Are you telling me it's 2030 already?

For that matter, SC:Remastered came out August 14th this year.
    I am telling you the majority of Triple A releases don't happen in June and July, I backed this up. I never said there is NO release ever, just very unlikely and proved it with reliable and public data. Now, to have a discussion worth of my time, you should make counter arguments that also offer reliable sources. Hint: Not telling me oh there is this one game (I already acknowledged this in my very first entry) that released in June/July, rather you should PROVE to me, that statistically game developers release whenever they want to. So far my data and research I have done validates my argument. And until you show me something else I will go by what I said is true by fact.

I am not even sure Heroes of the Storm is a Triple A game. Is Hearthstone a Triple A release, too because it was made by Blizzard? I would say no it wasn't. Triple A needs big scope, big time and money investment and big teams.
    Last edited by Qnubi; 2017-09-26 at 07:08 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    If anyone was having doubts about an expansion reveal in the first place
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCKXH3Boivw

4:42
    1000000000000000% confirmed

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by digichi View Post
    If anyone was having doubts about an expansion reveal in the first place
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCKXH3Boivw

4:42
    1000000000000000% confirmed
    Yeah, he literally said they are announcing a new expansion.

Deleted
    I'm sure they'll reveal or announce it at BlizzCon but I'm not sure how they'll do it since they can't use all of the Opening Ceremony to announce it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Lul nice poll. Can't imagine a 2+ year content gap if they don't announce it That's almost like waiting for the next GOT season!

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

100%, anyone saying it might not happen is deluded, especially after last "a year review" video basically confirming it.

Quote Originally Posted by Qnubi View Post
    I am telling you the majority of Triple A releases don't happen in June and July, I backed this up. I never said there is NO release ever, just very unlikely and proved it with reliable and public data. Now, to have a discussion worth of my time, you should make counter arguments that also offer reliable sources. Hint: Not telling me oh there is this one game (I already acknowledged this in my very first entry) that released in June/July, rather you should PROVE to me, that statistically game developers release whenever they want to. So far my data and research I have done validates my argument. And until you show me something else I will go by what I said is true by fact.

I am not even sure Heroes of the Storm is a Triple A game. Is Hearthstone a Triple A release, too because it was made by Blizzard? I would say no it wasn't. Triple A needs big scope, big time and money investment and big teams.
    We're talking specificially about Blizzard here. Not other developers. Blizzard does have a history of releasing triple A games in summer. Even if you don't count HotS, that still leaves SC2 as a somewhat recent title. Last AAA main game, in fact.

Was this thread made just to generate more traffic for MMO Champion, what the fuck?

No dude i'm sure they'll announce world of pandaria instead.

100%.

Then somebody will notice the small print saying it won't be launched until early 2019, and everyone will laugh at them. "Of course they'll launch before that, to do otherwise will be suicide!" "It's just something they have to write in, just in case" and as that date dawn closer everyone realises that they really are going to be stuck in the same raid for 15 fucking months. Again.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    100%.

Then somebody will notice the small print saying it won't be launched until early 2019, and everyone will laugh at them. "Of course they'll launch before that, to do otherwise will be suicide!" "It's just something they have to write in, just in case" and as that date dawn closer everyone realises that they really are going to be stuck in the same raid for 15 fucking months. Again.
    Wasn't Legion pre-announced at gamescom, then announced at blizzcon, then launched next summer or fall or whatever?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adoxum View Post
    I'm sure they'll reveal or announce it at BlizzCon but I'm not sure how they'll do it since they can't use all of the Opening Ceremony to announce it.
    In the past, Blizzard announced the expansions during Opening Ceremony with the teaser announcement trailer, then in the breakout session go in depth.
    Fanboy (Fanboi):
    1. A term used towards someone when a person disagrees with the said someone on a subject, person, place, thing, company, or product line and they are not smart enough to debate their counterpoints or facts, so they resort to childish name calling in hopes of shaming others into silence and thus them winning through dominance.* 2. A term used as a taunt/peer pressure technique to shape popular opinion through shame and humiliation.

0 percent.

Quote Originally Posted by Kul Tiras View Post
    Wasn't Legion pre-announced at gamescom
    Legion was announced at Gamescom, it had an hour long + panel.

You can't be announced at Gamescom and Blizzcon, that doesn't make sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kul Tiras View Post
    Wasn't Legion pre-announced at gamescom, then announced at blizzcon, then launched next summer or fall or whatever?
    No, it was announced at Gamescom, then went much more in depth on features at Blizzcon.
    Fanboy (Fanboi):
    1. A term used towards someone when a person disagrees with the said someone on a subject, person, place, thing, company, or product line and they are not smart enough to debate their counterpoints or facts, so they resort to childish name calling in hopes of shaming others into silence and thus them winning through dominance.* 2. A term used as a taunt/peer pressure technique to shape popular opinion through shame and humiliation.

Reveal new expansion or we riot.

100%, ofc. They have to get the hype going for release next November.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Bristae View Post
    No, it was announced at Gamescom, then went much more in depth on features at Blizzcon.
    I'll laugh if the schedule has no What's Next WoW panel and no space to add it.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Phasma View Post
    Unless the Jaina key art is a tease at pristine servers, very likely.
    HAHAHA... pristine server is not gonna happen

Deleted
    'Hi guys, let me a cheer for all those currently battling the legion on their home-world' pause for cheer 'Now i know none of you can wait for what comes next, what happens after you with your Artifacts and friends defeat the legion' pause for suspense 'Well i'm happy to announce patch 7.4 Eon of the Timewallker, now for the next year you'll be able to redo everything you've already done'

Fucking of course it'll be announced. The only thing stopping it is if NK and USA deiced to play Defcon

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    I don't think anyone should ever use absolutes without proof, so I'll go with 99%
    99.99%

/10char

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    99.99%

/10char
    As of today's announcement, let's bump it up to 100, we got proof.