Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobbywan View Post
    See, you used one tiny bit of my quote = cherry picking.

You sexist and oppressive person, have i even once stated my gender? but hey, i guess you think im a male so are you basing your statement about me not listening in school because im male? thats oppressive and so wrong on so many levels! YOU SEXIST!
    are you trying to argue with her? XDD
    She is clearly one of that comic feminists shouting about opression and sexism everywhere when runing of valid arguments..
    Poor person, usually something worng happens in ur life when u become such thing like her. I would Pity her, but arguing with her? no thx.

Quote Originally Posted by Phlegethon View Post
    True, it's a fundamentalist thing. They could be anywhere
    Bit like christian fundamentalism in the US of Aaaaaaaaaah.
    It's not a fundamentalist thing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seidhe View Post
    are you trying to argue with her? XDD
    She is clearly one of that comic feminists shouting about opression and sexism everywhere when runing of valid arguments..
    Poor person, usually something worng happens in ur life when u become such thing like her. I would Pity her, but arguing with her? no thx.
    I have the belief that everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and by my understanding you can't let people like these run rampart without even questioning them. Then we move back towards a more unhealthy society and in the long run, a country where freedom of speech is no longer tolerable.

And THAT i do not want.

Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    I think she missed what freedom is about when she kept wearing a hijab... But alright, good try.
    So is this mindset applied to all religious people that are taught a way to dress "right" or just Muslims?

Honestly not sure why anyone is refusing to argue with her when her point is totally straightforward. We already have sexist laws regarding what people can wear in public in the west, as outlined by their example of what you have to wear on the top half of your body is different between the sexes... (YMMV some Western countries are more relaxed than others maybe etc. etc.)

I mean, I know baiting feminists is a hobby to some people but... pretending to be this stupid (and please, someone ELSE come up with "I should be allowed to swing my dick around" because that was the point being made ) isn't doing anyone any favours.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Algy View Post
    So is this mindset applied to all religious people that are taught a way to dress "right" or just Muslims?
    we have these things in other religions as well. For example, you are not able to go into a strict orthodox catholic church if you are a female and not covering your shoulders. The only difference is that these rules are not applied to our everyday "female christian" lives to such an extent that hijab would affect an everyday "female muslim".

10+ Year Old Account
    If the costume she's cosplaying doesn't include a hijab (or a scarf, or anything else), then the quality of the cosplay gets slightly worse.
    That's about it.

I'm all for cosplaying fantasy fictional characters. Would I be able to cosplay as Muhammad and be praised and commended for it? He is as much a fictional character as Wonder Woman, Jesus or The Incredible Hulk.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Honestly not sure why anyone is refusing to argue with her when her point is totally straightforward. We already have sexist laws regarding what people can wear in public in the west, as outlined by their example of what you have to wear on the top half of your body is different between the sexes... (YMMV some Western countries are more relaxed than others maybe etc. etc.)

I mean, I know baiting feminists is a hobby to some people but... pretending to be this stupid (and please, someone ELSE come up with "I should be allowed to swing my dick around" because that was the point being made ) isn't doing anyone any favours.
    Not sure why you think women should be treated the same way as men or it's sexist. It's a ridiculous starting point to enter any argument from, declaring everyone but your opinion wrong in an instant because you think men and women are the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    It's a ridiculous starting point to enter any argument from, declaring everyone but your opinion wrong in an instant
    The irony in this statement coming from you is delicious.
    I don't know the recipe for success, but I know that the recipe for failure is trying to please everyone.

Forum stupidity at its finest:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Just because a word is in the dictionary doesn't mean it's true IRL.
    Allatar - EU Aszune | Allatar - D3 Career

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidz View Post
    Perhaps, but then don't pound yourself on the chest for how suppressive their culture is and for how free and liberal yours supposedly is.
    Just an example: in my country you've to unhide your face if you are wearing a motorbike helmet when entering a gas station. This is simply due to safety for the people working there. This currently cannot be enforced on hijab wearers, but the last Parlament voting on Sunday might finally change this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Najnaj View Post
    The Borg has arrived....

No, you do not need to assimilate. You do however need to be respectful of the people around you and not try to force your ideas upon other people, something you have yet to understand apparently. Ironic since personal freedom is such a cornerstone of modern western civilization.

On a side note, any English major nerds out there that would know if it is "The Borg has" or "The Borg have"? Are they plural or singular?
    Good for us that modern western civilizations slowly recognise the major problems of islamisation and are actually defending the interests of the native citizens. No one would call for change if every Muslim orientated person was actually integrated.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    What kind of backwards logic is this? If you migrate, etc to a different country you are expected to integrate and not force your last century signs of surpression and sexism on us. This discussion caused a lot of political drama, like in Germany 4 days ago.
    You know you can integrate without leaving every aspect of your original culture behind right? People have been doing it for 100's of years.

There's actually a lot of Muslim cosplayers judging by google search.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodraw View Post
    She probably couldn't "challenge" her family or religion if she did otherwise i.e. choose not to wear it. To be fair, she has no other choice but to wear it... It could also potentially inspire many other people out there, plus it's pretty creative.
    lol, this is the reason why she should not wear it, the west should help her "challenge" her family or religion not cheer on them for keeping old traditions etc, the hijab is only the tip of the ice berg of what we see...

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Well, at least she didn't slutplay the character like most women cosplayers seem to do.
    I'm not sure what cosplayers you look at, but that's definitely not most women cosplayers.

They just tend to be the ones that garner the most attention through social media, because you know, straight dudes are rabid.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobbywan View Post
    Not in terms of what we as a society has agreed upon as a "sexual organ", you may not think that way but in a democracy the majority rules and that's what we have agreed upon. If anyone is a oppressor on this forum its you, since you refuse to listen to anyone's opinion that differs from your own. I would strongly advise you to go live in either

A: A deep dark place where the rules of society doesn't affect you
    B: In a Dictatorship, it might suit your style of oppressing and offending other people when they don't agree with you.
    So if society says all woman have to wear burca's then it's fine?

7+ Year Old Account
    ....Well that is alright i guess. I have seen better cosplayers around, so i would not give her that much points Just because she is a muslim and cosplaying, does not make her a better cosplayer xD If i had blond hair and tried to cosplay as Jon Snow, people would not give me bonus points for being a blond Jon Snow.

But anyways, good for her, that she has found a hobby Making costumes is cool.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    Pretty gross that using a symbol of historical and current oppression is now seen as empowering.

I guess it's her right to be an idiotic though, it's not my place to take that away from anyone.
    Isn't that how you devalue the oppression by changing the meaning behind it

Quote Originally Posted by Tota View Post
    ...is WRONG and sexist and oppressive to females.

Go back to school, sexist oppressive person. You didn't learn anything in biology.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Isn't that how you devalue the oppression by changing the meaning behind it
    Well ya but if they realized that what would they sure to get there nickers in a bunch.