Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihal View Post
    Ill be totally okay being forced to play demonic build because of t21 if they make felblade baseline
    True! They should make FB and DB baseline already. Nobody like to press a button to get a fury.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by HeiAggra View Post
    True! They should make FB and DB baseline already. Nobody like to press a button to get a fury.
    The irony here...

Anyways, debatable. As oddly as it sounds, having a single resource without passive regen/generation is something that is new to the game.
    Prepared turns it into energy model, Demon Blades turns it into rage... Why not go the Demonic Appetite route and get an interesting take on chi orbs instead of being a fel warrior/rogue, naturally after rng is ripped out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoxious View Post
    Eye beam has a 100% chance to crit already.
    oh so it does...whoops - fury regen buff after eye beam ends would be nice then for those of us that still don't have the ring...

Quote Originally Posted by Skayth View Post
    Meh, technically with demonic appetite that is the case. The problem, is you can get horrible rng where you don't proc a soul, hence why I think they should have a safe guard built in with every 4 chaos strikes it's 100% to spawn 1
    the class is 100% rng mechanic. I thought that was the core baseline for demon hunters. RNG to gain fury, and from that fury you gain, you have another rng on how much fury you gain.

Don't forget the rng you have in chance to regain some after chaos strike.

Quote Originally Posted by HeiAggra View Post
    Are you fucking retarded? You say nobody likes to hit a button for fury, then suggest making the button you hit for fury baseline. Jesus christ, how?

- - - Updated - - -

And you guys are crying about RNG, you'd think DHs were the first class to ever have RNG

~~~Infraction: Flaming~~~
    Last edited by Orloth; 2017-09-28 at 06:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Noblebanned View Post
    Are you fucking retarded? You say nobody likes to hit a button for fury, then suggest making the button you hit for fury baseline. Jesus christ, how?

- - - Updated - - -

And you guys are crying about RNG, you'd think DHs were the first class to ever have RNG
    Man relax ok! I'm not here to stand with your emotional problems.
    I was saying FB (Felbade) and DB (Demon blades) talent to be baseline.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sendula View Post
    The irony here...

Anyways, debatable. As oddly as it sounds, having a single resource without passive regen/generation is something that is new to the game.
    Prepared turns it into energy model, Demon Blades turns it into rage... Why not go the Demonic Appetite route and get an interesting take on chi orbs instead of being a fel warrior/rogue, naturally after rng is ripped out of it.
    well it's better then spamming Demon Bite. With those talents turned baseline they have room for 2 new talents that actually matter to the class. Also could work if Demon Blades and Demonic appetite would be together as 1 spell with a bit less fury gen but you could get the orbs it would be fun.

Deleted
    Another changes for T21 on PTR, nothing about DH

Deleted
    They should increase the amount of haste we get after Eyebeam for the Set to be "good".
    Increasing EBs damage would be way too strong in aoe.

So many just cant see past the FB&DB they play with now.

With equal fury gen, when you need to wait for an auto attack or have the option to push a button to generate the fury, what difference does one or the other mechanic make?

The best part with Demonic build is that it requires more brain to play compared to 2mm spec, and much more complicated to sim correctly.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by epLe View Post
    So many just cant see past the FB&DB they play with now.

With equal fury gen, when you need to wait for an auto attack or have the option to push a button to generate the fury, what difference does one or the other mechanic make?

The best part with Demonic build is that it requires more brain to play compared to 2mm spec, and much more complicated to sim correctly.
    Why waste the gcd on fury gen when you can get it from auto attacks? And Demonic is laughably easy too, not sure how anyone can say it's any harder than db/fb
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Why waste the gcd on fury gen when you can get it from auto attacks? And Demonic is laughably easy too, not sure how anyone can say it's any harder than db/fb
    Perhaps so that we can make fury generation more impactful and have stronger spenders than the jack shit we have today.

And, well, given how demonic interacts with souls, it already is infinitely more difficult than chaos blades. But it is rather easy in general, although it implies heavy positioning requirements that no other melee specs have.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Currently, demonic is harder. But that's because of the focus on first blood, and coordinating eyebeam to line up with blade dance twice and with fury of the illidari.

Otherwise, next tier it, it will be basically brain dead as well, with chaos cleave. Eyebeam then spam the fuck out of chaos strike.... so fun... =(

2 things that would get me more behind these bonuses. Give Eye Beam a Chaos Bolt crit chance increases damage effect, and make the 4pc crit not haste. With critical chaos relics and no t20 we are much less likely to take first blood which means the haste doesn't really do much for us. Those 2 changes would make it flow better and feel better in general.

I really like the idea behind the set bonuses, basically doing nothing at all for the current dominant build and buffing the second-string build to be comparable, while also giving pretty huge boosts to mythic+.

Unfortunately, they're tuned like crap, and eye beam as a baseline ability is so garbage that a 30% increase to it is so laughable, even when running demonic, that you're probably better off using t20 4pc, even at the cost of like 15-20 ilvls per piece.

the 2pc might as well read: once every 45 seconds, your chaos strike does 30% extra damage, interrupts your auto attack and is guaranteed a critical strike. i believe the dps contribution of the 2pc, in single target, even when running demonic and getting 2-3x as many eyebeams over the course of the fight, is going to be something like 1/3 of the current 2pc. not to mention the 4pc, 15% haste for 8 seconds, is basically 1 extra gcd/auto attack every 45 seconds, compared to 2/3 of a chaos strike worth of fury every 7-8 seconds. Going from t20 to t21 is going to be something like an 8% dps loss in single target.

I really like the idea behind these set bonuses, and the fact that they buff the much more enjoyable spec is nice, but they are just objectively horrible set bonuses, and we better be getting some nice changes/buffs to the base class, or some major buffs/changes to these bonuses before Antorus.

Deleted
    I do more mythic+ than raiding so for me its grand! I can do a few raids till I get the 2 set bonus and go crazy in Mythic+

It just blows my mind that they haven't made any changes to this set bonus. It is by far the worst one i've seen this entire expansion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Measure View Post
    It just blows my mind that they haven't made any changes to this set bonus. It is by far the worst one i've seen this entire expansion.
    It doesn't blow my mind at all

Quote Originally Posted by cosman View Post
    i think its ok, more changes will happen according to Ion, so nothing to worry about.
    Where did he say that?

Quote Originally Posted by Measure View Post
    Because they're not going to. They very clearly just don't have the resources to devote to tuning a class that hardly anyone plays at a raiding level.