Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

heavenly forge and shock forces

Are these still worth it in the new patch?

heavenly forge (work orders for equipment) doesn't seem to be able to drop argus equipment, so unless i'm missing something it is almost entirely obsolete now?

Shock force can be nice sometimes on missions with for example double interrupt needed, but on the other hand you can get 6 argus troops now who have strong buffs too, so maybe on a character that has plenty of order resources an extra champion might be more useful?

anyone have any thoughts on these?

Quote Originally Posted by Him of Many Faces View Post

heavenly forge (work orders for equipment) doesn't seem to be able to drop argus equipment, so unless i'm missing something it is almost entirely obsolete now?

Shock force can be nice sometimes on missions with for example double interrupt needed, but on the other hand you can get 6 argus troops now who have strong buffs too, so maybe on a character that has plenty of order resources an extra champion might be more useful?

They really weren't worth it even before. Shock Troops are certainly less useful with the addition of 2-slot missions and extra Argus troops.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Him of Many Faces View Post

You can get 6?

I can only get the ridgestalkers and the void touched lads.
    Were do u get the last 2?

10+ Year Old Account
    the forge can drop the new argus champion gear infact is dropping a lot of those

Quote Originally Posted by MORGATH99 View Post
    the forge can drop the new argus champion gear infact is dropping a lot of those
    Problem is you end up getting enough of the gear through Order Missions anyway, so why bother with the work orders? This is obviously anecdotal, and I've not done any thorough testing, but I kept the bonus on my main from launch through Broken Shore, and still have it on a couple alts - none of them have ever seen a legendary piece through the work order.

So ultimately, if you're not getting anything special out of it, what's the point? You'll be rolling in Argus upgrades soon enough if you just keep doing missions.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    Problem is you end up getting enough of the gear through Order Missions anyway, so why bother with the work orders? This is obviously anecdotal, and I've not done any thorough testing, but I kept the bonus on my main from launch through Broken Shore, and still have it on a couple alts - none of them have ever seen a legendary piece through the work order.

So ultimately, if you're not getting anything special out of it, what's the point? You'll be rolling in Argus upgrades soon enough if you just keep doing missions.
    It's not like the work orders are a significant drain of order resources, and the alternative research does basically nothing(because of the 2-slot missions you mentioned, as well as the new troops), so you might as well just keep doing the work orders(even if just as a very inefficient way of converting order resources to gold)
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by krigsmaskin View Post
    You can get 6?

After you get 6 followers to 925, you get the lightforged bulwark (+75% versus minions) from turalyon, but only on the vindicaar above antoran wastes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by krigsmaskin View Post
    You can get 6?

after you have 6x 925 follower go to the vindicaar in antoran wastes and turalyon should have a quest.

10+ Year Old Account

why send champions to missions with champions items as rewards if you can get em through the forge better use those cahmpions on missions with gold or rep tokens

Quote Originally Posted by MORGATH99 View Post
    why send champions to missions with champions items as rewards if you can get em through the forge better use those cahmpions on missions with gold or rep tokens
    Why not simply do all the missions, not have to micromanage work orders, and have extra troops when you need em?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    It's not like the work orders are a significant drain of order resources, and the alternative research does basically nothing(because of the 2-slot missions you mentioned, as well as the new troops), so you might as well just keep doing the work orders(even if just as a very inefficient way of converting order resources to gold)
    While the 2-slot missions and extra troop types do reduce the usefulness somewhat, it's still a marked advantage when it comes to availability. Having three Valks instead of two means I don't need to manage them as closely, and I can afford to send out more or longer missions with a Valk in tow, without worrying about getting them back in time.

If you're a person who only logs in once a day to do the bare minimum amount of missions, then no, it really doesn't matter... but then very few of your other choices do either. If you're a person who, like me, does damn near every mission every day at or as close to 200% as possible, then it's a much more impactful advantage.

Why not simply do all the missions, not have to micromanage work orders, and have extra troops when you need em?

- - - Updated - - -

While the 2-slot missions and extra troop types do reduce the usefulness somewhat, it's still a marked advantage when it comes to availability. Having three Valks instead of two means I don't need to manage them as closely, and I can afford to send out more or longer missions with a Valk in tow, without worrying about getting them back in time.

If you're a person who only logs in once a day to do the bare minimum amount of missions, then no, it really doesn't matter... but then very few of your other choices do either. If you're a person who, like me, does damn near every mission every day at or as close to 200% as possible, then it's a much more impactful advantage.
    I can promise you I micro manage missions about as much as possible (on 3 toons in fact, as well as doing gold and BOA rep missions on 6 other alts), and the I can absolutely without a doubt say it's worth having the work orders over an extra Valk right now. Valks value is highly diminished in the patch due to the Valk specific equipment being completely worthless now. You can absolutely get new Argus equipment, you can absolutely get legendary equipment (I have gotten at least 3 that I can remember). Until Champs are fully decked out in perfect epic Argus equipment there is no reason to not have the work orders. Even then, the chance of getting a new legendary equip is still probably worth more then the extra Valk. It really doesn't help that Valks are one of the worst, if not the worst, tier 2 troops. A 3rd tier 2 slot is much stronger option for classes like DK or DH.

Deleted
    In genral, the old troops are kinda useless, unless you are starved for order rescources but I don't think work orders are neccesary either.
    Once I unlocked the last set of missions I often get epic equipment missions.
    Currently I have almost all Spell-, Minion- and Hazard-counters on all my followers on Rare and Epic quality as well as one general Bonus in epic quality and the rest rare. Besides of 7 epic general Boni, which only make 5% difference anyways, I only need 2 Epic Minion-counter items, one of which I should get later unless the stupid timer takes the mission away. I got 2 followers on 950 so far. Getting those things is far more annoying. It should be done by the time the Raid opens though.
    The question I have is if there is new Legendary Equipment or even new +Gold/OR stuff in general.

Quote Originally Posted by ramayana1423 View Post
    I can promise you I micro manage missions about as much as possible (on 3 toons in fact, as well as doing gold and BOA rep missions on 6 other alts), and the I can absolutely without a doubt say it's worth having the work orders over an extra Valk right now. Valks value is highly diminished in the patch due to the Valk specific equipment being completely worthless now. You can absolutely get new Argus equipment, you can absolutely get legendary equipment (I have gotten at least 3 that I can remember). Until Champs are fully decked out in perfect epic Argus equipment there is no reason to not have the work orders. Even then, the chance of getting a new legendary equip is still probably worth more then the extra Valk. It really doesn't help that Valks are one of the worst, if not the worst, tier 2 troops. A 3rd tier 2 slot is much stronger option for classes like DK or DH.
    I agree and have also gotten several legendary follower items out of the WO's across all my alts (it is super, super rare but they do exist.) You do get plenty of follower items from the new missions but I'd rather have small chances at getting legendary follower items instead of a near useless ability (at least the warrior option...imo.)

Quote Originally Posted by ramayana1423 View Post
    Never said you couldn't get Argus equipment, in fact I specifically noted the fact that while you can there's no need to, given the abundance you get out of regular missions. I also never said you couldn't get legendaries, I said I never did, by way of saying the chance is obviously fairly low.

This is a subjective matter - if you like the bonus, take it.

Quote Originally Posted by Guilford View Post
    The forge is objectively better. Since getting the new troops I can't recall the last time I even sent a valk out on a mission. Very few and far between. It's quite sad that all my +valk gear was essentially worthless once I started getting the new argus equipment.
    Calling something objective because you personally don't care for it isn't exactly objective now is it? I use my Valks and even Valarjar (though rarely all of them) constantly, so I guess either I simply min/max better than you do, send out missions more often than you do, or somehow get wildly different missions from you. I could do the same thing and call the Forge objectively worse due to the abundant rate at which you gain equipment via missions themselves... but I won't, because that wouldn't be accurate either. It boils down to simple preference.

+Valk gear itself was rarely worthwhile in the first place, due to being so specific. The only place I ever used it was a Skull along with a War Banner on Svergan to doubledown on Royal Bloodline, which is no longer necessary due to more troop types with which to trigger the effect.

I send Valk's out all the time. It might start happening less after I get all my champs up to 950 but I get regular use from them. They're much cheeper than the Argus champs for one and sometimes they combo well with the other champions. I sometimes still send out out Valarjar because sometimes you only need an extra 10-15%.

Since getting troops to 925, (all 950 now), I can't remember the last time I had a mission sent off where a Valk was needed. 90%+ of missions now I can duo with either 2 champs or 1 champ and an argus troop. Even a handful that can be outright solod to 200%. There is no reason to have 3 Valks and give up the chance at new legendary equipment.

??? That guy is worthless. lol
    He's the only 2nd prot counter, so not really worthless by any means.

Pretty much my thoughts. Most of my dudes can solo missions and if not, argus champs can help.

That said, I usually don't bother with AP missions and tend to go for gold/equipment/rep missions.
    Kind of throws your whole argument into sharp contrast.

I do the work orders, proc'd few Argus-specific champion items and they were nice to use. In short, do Work Orders now until you've geared up your champions then you can switch back to the Valks, or just keep doing Work Orders to get a bit of gold.

Getting your champions geared early on is priority so you can reduce the time of the missions and increases the success chance of missions, which means you'll be using less of your troops!

Also, an extra champion seems more beneficial because you can gear them = increase chance of missions and reduce the overall time of missions vs. two randomized traits of extra troops which costs order resources, must be managed, RNG, etc etc etc and they don't reduce the overall time of missions since they cannot equip champion gear.

I'm going from 4 to 6 missions every few hours so I'm pumping my income, increasing reputation, going for champion gear I need and getting AP as needed. Haven't really went after those new Argus currencies as they're easy to get on Argus.

Him being the only other prot counter is meaningless. His other bonuses are complete crap and him being prot counter doesn't make up for it. I consistently have all 6 guys out in the field with 200% on every mission without Svergen or the crappy valks.
    Svergen is less useful when you have good all round champions like meatball that can go into almost any mission. So I don't run him either, but I do run the valks as its pretty easy to hit 200% with them in the 3 slot missions and they are far cheaper to pump out than the argus troops.