Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    Blizzard-Activision owns it, not Blizzard the publisher. Blizzard the publisher gets none of the profits from the mobile company, they're two separate entities.
    Blizzard has not been a publisher since the merger. That was the whole point of it. Blizzard is a developer. Activision is the publisher.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozler View Post
    I wouldn't say it has nothing to do with the company. I mean, the direction the company is going is the reason. Whether it's Blizzard doing that or "Activision-Blizzard" doing that is up for debate.

I don't know why you're quoting me, because your post seems to defend whether or not Blizzard as a company is dying. I never claimed Blizzard is dying. It's probably thriving, but not because of the reasons I fell in love with their games. I know as I grow older I've changed, and it's foolish to think Blizzard wouldn't, as well.
    I quoted you because, like I said, you didn't say it would be the last nail in Blizzard's coffin, but rather the final nail in the coffin of your love of Blizzard games. It's a subtle distinction, but an important one to make. I'm pointing out that people who do it the other way around are focusing on the wrong thing, because saying there are any nails in Blizzard's coffin is disingenuous.

I may have caused some confusion with my last sentence; the "you" there was a general you, not Bamboozler specifically. People on here tend to conflate their personal dislike of Blizzard's current direction with cast-iron proof that Blizzard is dying, WoW is dead, and the sky is falling.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    You mean like nearly every card game?

You are telling me if I went out now and bought a Yugioh or Magic starter deck that I could compete with people who have sunk money into making Tournament/High end decks? Yeah I doubt that.

Hearthstone isn't the only card game like that.
    So if they make this new MMO RTS extremely P2W you're going to say "You mean like very MMO RTS game out there?"

Because every single MMO RTS on mobiles is all about microtransations. You shouldn't be defending a game with such an argument.

I'd love a Warcraft/Starcraft/Overwatch or just Blizzard themed (HotS) version of Clash Royale.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xStevooo View Post
    Hence making you spend more. > P2W
    That's what TCGs are folks. Nothing to see here.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ganker View Post
    So if they make this new MMO RTS extremely P2W you're going to say "You mean like very MMO RTS game out there?"

Because every single MMO RTS on mobiles is all about microtransations. You shouldn't be defending a game with such an argument.
    Conflating TCG with RTS is not the way to go about it either. Literally unrelated genres with different styles of gameplay.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    disgusting.

mobile gaming should die.
    Don't be so cynical. It's just like any platform, lots of shit and a few gems.

Here are a few mobile masterpieces (imo):

• Threes
    • Card Thief
    • Passage

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    Blizzard has not been a publisher since the merger. That was the whole point of it. Blizzard is a developer. Activision is the publisher.
    Blizzard has been a publisher since ever it was always owned by some other publisher.
    Last edited by mmoc516e31a976; 2017-09-28 at 08:57 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    You mean like nearly every card game?

You are telling me if I went out now and bought a Yugioh or Magic starter deck that I could compete with people who have sunk money into making Tournament/High end decks? Yeah I doubt that.

Hearthstone isn't the only card game like that.
    Its a bit different because you can actually trade in those other games. For example i played magic online since beta, and after release i got free account for it(because i was in beta) and one starter deck or something like that, and by just trading i built up huge collection that i later sold for quite some money(400-500$), and still had top decks left to play, and built it up again just by trading. In HS there is buying(and prices are ridiculous) or grinding forever and hoping for luck in packs you buy with gold.

Not to mention how its inflexible game and meta is the same forever and expansions are expensive(2€ for 5 cards compared to 15 for 3-4€ in mtg) and terrible (because too many classes that cant mix and low number of new cards, in addition to basic + classic barely or not changing at all... 10 new class cards per expansion while core cards are forever the same leads to boring and predictable gameplay). MTG has more cards per set and colors can be mixed freely... much more options and much more viable options.

Good basic/classic card is going to be in every deck forever and severely limit the options and meta... on top of limiting new expansion design options (whats the point of making new card for same cost slot if basic card is going to take it anyway, or new card has to be OP to push out basic card and make that one useless?). Magic has more cards per color per expansion and they can be mixed on top of new base set from time to time while HS has same base forever and expansions just barely modify it due to limited options(oh boy, 3 freeze cards will make new deck viable... not, because old ones have much better base AND new cards that help it).

HS is just terrible overall, from core concept(9 classes that cant mix and non changing basic + barely changing classic and non interactive gameplay without reactions at all) to the design decisions blizz took overall(low number of cards per set that cant change enough and them feeding same archetypes forever... year 2027, miracle rogue is still the only viable rogue i bet). It is by far the worst card game ever (and i played a lot of them). Every match is a deja vu.

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozler View Post
    I'm pretty sure WoW is not "all they got". Have you been living under a rock?

I can't say I'd be happy with a mobile game. I hate when companies give in to trends instead of doing what they do best.
    except thats the way the market is going, and where a lot of the money is now.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Its so trendy to hate on blizzard even though there still one of the best in the buisness when it comes to making super high quality games.

Cant wait to see there new mobile project.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blizzard_Entertainment

Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. is an American video game developer and publisher based in Irvine, California

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Blizzard has been a publisher since ever it was always owned by some other publisher.
    Blizzard is not a publisher. They are a developer and Activision publishes Blizzards' games. It was the whole point of the merger. To have the money and clout of Activision to handle the publishing end of the business.

- - - Updated - - -

Try looking act every single retail WoW box since the merger and see who actually publishes WoW. It's Activision.

Activision/Blizzard publishes WoW everywhere except China. Netease is the publisher for WoW in China.
    Last edited by Gorgodeus; 2017-09-29 at 12:43 AM.

Blizzard is not a publisher. They are a developer and Activision publishes Blizzards' games. It was the whole point of the merger. To have the money and clout of Activision to handle the publishing end of the business.

- - - Updated - - -

Try looking act every single retail WoW box since the merger and see who actually publishes WoW. It's Activision.

Activision/Blizzard publishes WoW everywhere except China. Netease is the publisher for WoW in China.
    I don't see a single Activision logo on my Legion box.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_of_Warcraft:_Legion

Developer(s) Blizzard Entertainment
    Publisher(s) Blizzard Entertainment
    Not Activision-Blizzard. Not Activision. It's Blizzard.

Deleted

- - - Updated - - -

"Blizzard Entertainment® is a premier developer and publisher of entertainment software."

http://eu.blizzard.com/en-gb/company/about/profile.html

The point of the merger was Vivendi bought Activision and merged it with Vivendi Games, which included Blizzard. Blizzard never merged with Activision.
    Last edited by mmoc516e31a976; 2017-09-29 at 11:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    "Blizzard Entertainment® is a premier developer and publisher of entertainment software."

http://eu.blizzard.com/en-gb/company/about/profile.html

The point of the merger was Vivendi bought Activision and merged it with Vivendi Games, which included Blizzard. Blizzard never merged with Activision.
    Vivendi is nothing more than a holding company. Activision merged with Vivendi and Activision/Blizzard was the name of the new company. Vivendi still remained the parent holding company.

Technically, Activision/Blizzard does not publish any games under its central name and instead uses its studios to publish games, even though they (Activision/Blizzard) are considered the largest video games publisher in the world.

It is semantics. The individual entities under the Activision/Blizzard umbrella are simply producing games and Acti-Blizz is, in effect, considered the publisher.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Overwatch is highly successfull and a good game.
    'Good' being a highly subjective thing. I look forward to the next mobile game about as much as the next dark souls/roguelike...

What the hell is an MMO-RTS? Clash of Clans shit?

And Overwatch may be highly successful subjectively, but its not a good game from an objective standpoint. (Reasons which have been stated many times in the past) Also, the gambling-nature of the loot boxes is also rather unsavory.
    Last edited by stellvia; 2017-10-02 at 05:52 AM.