I still hope they make Gilneas a functional capital city one day

It’s the most atmospheric city in the game hands down. Such a waste to just let it rot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    It’s the most atmospheric city in the game hands down. Such a waste to just let it rot.
    Oh, I would love so too. Though, sadly unable to imagine a storyline as it would take quite some while to fix it all.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    Gilneas and suramar city both get my vote for being made functional.
    Assumed at end of cata gilneas would be taken back, and when suramar/night hold chain ended, assumed the city would be liberated
    Both have such incredible level of detail.such a shame to leave them to go to waste

Yeah it seems like they put so much effort into the city to literally do nothing with it afterwards. I was really dissapointed too. It wasn't even used in any of Legion's class storylines :/

If they do racial story lines similar to the ones for class halls in next expansion. Possibly the Worgen will take back Gilneas. That would be cool. I agree, I've always felt it was a waste to just have the place sit there unused.

Deleted
    No burn it to the ground with all wolfs in it

I agree. They need to make this a reality. I don't even care that it's a skip and step away from Under City. Let us have what we want!

Quote Originally Posted by Velios View Post
    Oh man, you're in for a treat.
    Why's that?

Personally I kind of hope they don't, since Gilneas is an amazing RP zone at the moment, and one of the few that's thoroughly RP-friendly from corner to corner. It's really nice having at leas the one amazing zone that's perfectly tailored for roleplaying.

Well, they advanced the story for Gnomeregan a little, so never say never. They did a fantastic job on it, I agree. Such a bloody waste. Second only to Frostfire and Karabor.

Turn Gilneas and Gnomeregan into sprawling capital cities.

Add an auction house to Echo Isles.

I'm fine with it.
    Mistweaver Tax noun 1. The effect of both high mana costs, and lack of utility, coupled with requiring specific talent combinations to compete with other healers, while still not being able to compete with toolkits said healers have baseline in any competitive area.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Myta View Post
    Turn Gilneas and Gnomeregan into sprawling capital cities.

Add an auction house to Echo Isles.

I'm fine with it.
    As well as add FLYING to the Exodar and Silvermoon...

15+ Year Old Account
    You obviously have never been to Under City before then. That place has way more atmosphere than Gilneas and it's inhabited still.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    You obviously have never been to Under City before then. That place has way more atmosphere than Gilneas and it's inhabited still.
    Yugh. I'd much rather let the Legion overrun Azeroth then go down there to do anything but kill Sylvanas agai-

Wait. She's now in Orgrimmar. So no reason at all to go there anymore. Yay!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythicalfury View Post
    Gilneas and suramar city both get my vote for being made functional.
    Assumed at end of cata gilneas would be taken back, and when suramar/night hold chain ended, assumed the city would be liberated
    Both have such incredible level of detail.such a shame to leave them to go to waste
    After all the detail that went into surumar they honestly couldn't put a few merchants and NPCs you phase into after the story is finished? Makes way more sense than just chilling in Dalaran 2.0 IMO. At least we could actually continue to play in Surumar.. the fuck is there, in Gilneas, after the intro? Complete waste of resources.

Ever since I made a Worgen and completed the chain quest to finally get out of there, I never really wanted to go back anymore, to be honest.

Capital cities are kinda dying. Theres nobody there anymore except in Stormwind and Orgrimmar for the Auction House or travel to the other continents if needed be.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    After all the detail that went into surumar they honestly couldn't put a few merchants and NPCs you phase into after the story is finished? Makes way more sense than just chilling in Dalaran 2.0 IMO. At least we could actually continue to play in Surumar.. the fuck is there, in Gilneas, after the intro? Complete waste of resources.
    The answer to your last question is a complete ruin

After all the detail that went into surumar they honestly couldn't put a few merchants and NPCs you phase into after the story is finished? .
    Or move First Arcanist Thalyssra emmisary quest location instead of that freaking hideout

5+ Year Old Account
    I remember as the Cata hype was building up, i watched a video of someone showing you how to glitch yourself past the Gilneas wall.

Since release was soon, and i wanted to see for myself, i used the 'unstuck' option (remember when that was a thing?) past an invisible wall and got to the other side. So i was running around and it was basically what youd expect; just a bunch of trees and then miles of untextured land. A few minutes in, a GM whispers me that i'm not supposed to be there and I get ported out. I was a little underwhelmed by the map and kind of surprised that a GM caught me so quickly.

When cata launches i go back to the zone, and its mindblowingly cool. There is a whole redesign on the wall (that has broke down), a bunch of undead NPCs swarming the area... its clear a LOT of work has gone into this place. I roll a worgen so i can get closer, and its like an 18th century vampire film (that just happens to be in WoW.) They really set the place up. There are panicked civilians running around/hiding, you stand off against a horde of worgens, you blow up undead on the beaches and massacre ppl in front of a church(?)...it wasnt like anything i played up to that point lol.

But after 1-20, the whole place is never mentioned/visited/relevant again.

Should they do something with it to make it relevant? Um, yes pls. A battleground, a dungeon of some kind, scenario, anything would be sweet really.

Deleted
    Yeah that's what I don't get,so much detail went into suramar. We liberate the city from corruption and she's still hiding in the hole
    Some areas, already gave innkeepers , merchants, mailbox etc, so wouldn't take much to make it fully functional
    Move the teleport pads to central suramar and fast travel
    Apart from world quests, AFAIK it's only used by tailors to use the suramar loom to make the 850 gear
    I would rather have a liberated suramar, than a rehashed dalaran