Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirreltaco707 View Post
    -'Thrall' is alive - New
    Thrall is interesting because he isn't a Dragon but he replaced Neltharion in Cataclysm to defeat Deathwing.
    Thrall isn't a dragon aspect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Galaxy MV4478-87, Vontos cluster, Alpha Prime
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    He held the position of the Aspect of the Earth during the fight with Deathwing as per UVG. Possibly did it earlier during the battle against Chromatus as well.
    He did not, however he substituted Deathwing in the Twilight of the Aspect book when they attempted to kill Chromatus. He was using the Soul of the Demon in DS, because only he could.

Quote Originally Posted by EUPLEB View Post
    Nozdormu went mad in one of his timelines, doesn't necessarily mean he'll ever go mad in the timeline of the players though.

- - - Updated - - -

Unless the titans reinstate the aspects in some way.
    The titans never instated them, so technically they could have possibly already have had this done if we really wanted to come down to it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Icoblablubb View Post
    who cares about the Aspects since they have no power left all and now with the Pantheon self inprisoned how the heck should they get a power up? Aspect lore is over hell i bet even Anduin with his Priest Abilitys can 1vs1 the aspects now...
    See above and Chronicle. Pantheon didn't empower the dragons. The dragons getting empowered by the keepers was why Odyn did his whole "waaaah I'm going to take my part of Ulduar and leave!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    See above and Chronicle. Pantheon didn't empower the dragons. The dragons getting empowered by the keepers was why Odyn did his whole "waaaah I'm going to take my part of Ulduar and leave!"
    They were empowered by the Keepers with the Titans' energies.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    They were empowered by the Keepers with the Titans' energies.
    Keepers are still on Azeroth and unchanged since.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Sadly with metzen no longer around and the latest writing team I doubt we're ever see orcs having any importance in the story again
    Which is strange, considering that orcs are to the Horde what humans are the Alliance, which is to say they are both the backbone and heart of both factions.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveL View Post
    He did not, however he substituted Deathwing in the Twilight of the Aspect book when they attempted to kill Chromatus. He was using the Soul of the Demon in DS, because only he could.
    You're literally arguing against UVG right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    A stand-in. Being a real aspect entails more than an ability to fill in the gap in the ritual. The power of the aspect, Neltharion commanded meant that he had dominion over the earth and deep places of the world. He could literally shape mountains.
    Dragon Soul couldn't work on Deathwing because he didn't give his essence. It did work after Thrall infused it. Add 2 and 2.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

That's wrong. The Pantheon did empower the Aspects through the Keepers. The Keepers were just acting as conduits ("Acting as conduits of their creators' powers, the gathered keepers bestowed blessings of the Pantheon upon each proto-dragon"), they weren't the original source.

It's true that there were confusing line in Chronicle ("Highkeeper Ra channeled the powers of his creator, Aman'thul, into the proto-dragon Nozdormu"), but the other lines made it quite clear with other Keepers called upon / asked their creators to empower the Aspects - i.e: "Keeper Archaedas asked his creator, Khaz'goroth, to bestow some of his vast power upon the indomitable proto-dragon Neltharion", "Keeper Loken called upon his creator, Norgannon, to endow the proto-dragon Malygos with incredible arcane powers", or "Freya also beseeched Ysera to bless Alexstraza's younger sister, the proto-dragon Ysera, with nature's influence". These are also inline with what happened in "Dawn of the Aspects", in which the Pantheon also used the Keepers as conduits to channel their powers and empower the Aspects (DoTA also showed that the Aspects got a vision of the Pantheon after the empowerment).

If it was the Keepers doing the empowerment, the expression of "<Keeper X> beseeched / asked <Pantheon member Y> to bless / empower <aspect Z>" as used in the lines above wouldn't be correct.
    (Not like it matters much, though, Kalecgos became an Aspect without either the Keepers nor the Pantheon directly involved anyway)
    Last edited by Qualia; 2017-09-28 at 10:59 PM.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

Dragon Soul couldn't work on Deathwing because he didn't give his essence. It did work after Thrall infused it. Add 2 and 2.
    No.. We don't know how dragon soul mechanically works... We only know that Thrall filled in the gap to allow the ritual to work. He obviously filled the gap of Neltharion but that in itself does not make him an aspect in the sense that Neltharion was the aspect. The power was given by Khaz'goroth. Thrall did not have any. When people say Thrall is and was not an aspect they mean not just in the name. What Thrall had was only temporary title. He did not have the duty nor the power Neltharion had. Medivh proclaimed that Khadgar is the guardian of Tirisfal. That does not make Khadgar the guardian in the sense that people traditionally concieve.
    Last edited by Wildmoon; 2017-09-29 at 04:57 AM.

The titans never instated them, so technically they could have possibly already have had this done if we really wanted to come down to it.

- - - Updated - - -

this is not true. the aspect sensed that theres an even greater being than tyr when they were being empowered to be an aspect.

the keepers are like the wire while the pantheon were the powersupply.

The age of Dragon is over, I highly doubt any Dragon Aspects will have a major role in 8.0 except Kalec, and that's due to his relationship with Jaina.

Alexstrasza may come into play again if the Lich King does something suspicious.

If any Dragon that may have an important role soon, it will be Chromie, that little gnome is up to something I tell you...

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't mind having the other Dragonflights appear again after Legion...
    Always loved dragons and really want the Aspects to well be useful, and probably help out.
    For the Horde!

Deleted

- - - Updated - - -

Dragon Aspects (aka Great Aspects or simply Aspects) are leaders of five dragonflights, and were proto-dragons altered by the titans as a reward for defeating the proto-dragon known as Galakrond. The titans empowered the five dragons, each with specific powers, to lead the major dragonflights and watch over ancient Kalimdor and its evolution (at the time, the sole continent of Azeroth).

It does not matter if they got empowered directly or indirectly by the pantheon, they still got empowered by them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Which doesn't seem it will anytime soon, since the Titans are dead [spoilers]and will act as energy to jail Sargeras[/spoilers].

The dragonflights are pretty much over. Blizzard moved away from Knaak's lore.
    They are using Argus' power to power the jail, not the original pantheon though.

Quote Originally Posted by Roudene View Post
    Nozdormu told us that he will and one day we'll have to kill him again.
    We don't have to kill him again. We already killed him, that is his end.

He has yet to become mad and turn Murozond, but once he does he will create the timeline that leads to End Time and once there will die when the Adventurers from the past come to finish him off, on his past self's own orders.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Qualia View Post
    (Not like it matters much, though, Kalecgos became an Aspect without either the Keepers nor the Pantheon directly involved anyway)
    The Aspects' powers weren't exhausted yet at that point. As long as the power of the Aspects were around, there was a ritual to empower another dragon of the same flight into an Aspect if the original Aspect had died. Now that the Aspects' power had been exhausted, the Dragons cannot do it by themselves anymore. The Pantheon would need to empower them again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryWithTheWeatherReport View Post
    Malorne is stronger than Ysera in the nature department so he could become the next Green Dragon Aspect.

Thrall committed suicide or at least I hope he did while Wrathion becomes the new Earth Aspect.
    No, no, and just no. Malorne is not stronger than Ysera. (er I should say wasn't) And will not become any aspect. He's a demigod.

Does no one else see the pattern? The DRAGONS were aspects, nothing before them, and nothing after them. Other beings do not, or maybe cannot? Become aspects, that is, and has been DRAGONS only.

P.S... Your signature is stupid as fuck, Illidan is not that far down on that "power" list of yours.

- - - Updated - - -

Dragon Aspects (aka Great Aspects or simply Aspects) are leaders of five dragonflights, and were proto-dragons altered by the titans as a reward for defeating the proto-dragon known as Galakrond. The titans empowered the five dragons, each with specific powers, to lead the major dragonflights and watch over ancient Kalimdor and its evolution (at the time, the sole continent of Azeroth).

It does not matter if they got empowered directly or indirectly by the pantheon, they still got empowered by them.

- - - Updated - - -

They are using Argus' power to power the jail, not the original pantheon though.
    It wasn't a "reward". More of a "test" Tier (sp) stated he was looking for a group to be Aspects, but couldn't find any "worthy" enough until the 5 we know, defeated Galakrond.
    <~$~("The truth, is limitless in its range. If you drop a 'T' and look at it in reverse, it could hurt.")~$~> L.F.

<~$~("The most hopelessly stupid man is he who is not aware he is wise.")~$~> I.A.

Deleted
    But the original Pantheon's remnants along with Illidan is the jail. Those powers keep Sargeras locked away in the Pantheon throne room whatever the name thingy.

Deleted
    Keepers are still on Azeroth and unchanged since.
    The Titans are gone, that's big change.

Blizzard moved away from Knaak's lore, that's why the dragons' role is pretty much ended. Yes, we will see characters like Kalec or Alex, but not as Azeroth's powerful guardians, but as Azerothians like all the others.
    Last edited by mmoc516e31a976; 2017-09-30 at 03:52 PM.

I find the dragon aspects to be the weakest lore of Warcraft.

They are magical shapeshifting giant lizards that turn into sexy scantily clad elves with a snap of their fingers.

All their lore is edgy, Alexstrasza the Warcraft Galadriel. Nozdormu the identity crisis. Kalecgos the manga creation. Ysera the copy+paste of Alexstrasza (seriously, no creativity whatsoever).

Whenever I have to quest for them WoW feels more and more like a Korean MMO, I just dislike the theme of them entirely.

Dawn of the Aspects was quite honestly too cringe for me to read through. It was hard to stomach really.

They're slowly dying so, I hope dragons return to being dangerous adversaries like dragons should be.

7+ Year Old Account
    Nozdormu was the one trying to assassinate Chromie in the "Deaths of Chromie" scenario. It will be revealed it was him behind these events, more than likely justifying to himself, which is the beginning of his descent into madness.

This will lead to the arc of Nozdormu becoming Murozond.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OIS View Post
    Alliance fist bump moment.
    brofist? lmao
    “Listen, three eyes,” he said, “don’t you try to outweird me, I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.”