Poll: What was / is your favorite starting area?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Question What is YOUR Favorite Starter Zone?

Remember the time when you first put in those 4 cds to install WoW, and when you finally installed it, you logged onto the servers to download another patch to then finally enter the glorious World of Warcraft?

Remember when you selected your first faction, and your first character in that faction and you customized it to your liking and then clicked that glorious enter world button?

Well, of all the newbie characters you made, what was / is your favorite newbie starter area in the game (the levels 1-6 sub zone)?

Mine is of course the human Northshire Valley. Peaceful, and it was a great intro into this wonderful game we call WoW.

Poll going up in a min.
    Last edited by Jaylock; 2017-09-29 at 12:01 AM.

The draenei starting zone has a lot of blood elf killing so I'm going to go with that.

7+ Year Old Account
    Northshire Valley or Shadowglen.
    Network Administrator with a desire to be creative. MCSE Server 2016, A+, Network+ certified and an avid gamer.
    Aorus Xtreme RTX 2080 Ti | i9 9900X@ 4.6ghz custom loop | Level 120 Void Elf Protection Warrior.

5+ Year Old Account
    Tirisfal Glades, without a doubt. It has a "ghostly", melancholic, eerie atmosphere, which fits the Forsaken spirit like a glove. Especially with all those old, crumbling buildings it featured pre-Cata.

Azuremyst is my favorite. Before TBC, I was a big fan of Teldrassil
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

Deleted
    Durotar, Dun Morogh, Mulgore... can't decide..
    Probably Durotar because it's my very first contact with the game, back in BC. As an avid Warcraft RTS fan, and orc enthousiast, it was a logical choice to pick an orc warrior as my first character...

Night Elf or Tauren.
    Main toon: Priest
    Alts: Rogue, Druid and Paladin plus many, many more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SyrahGrunt View Post
    Durotar, Dun Morogh, Mulgore... can't decide..
    Probably Durotar because it's my very first contact with the game, back in BC. As an avid Warcraft RTS fan, and orc enthousiast, it was a logical choice to pick an orc warrior as my first character...
    I added a poll that also includes the starting areas for certain classes (DK / DH). You can also choose multiple locations if you like more than one

Shadowglen or Sunstrider Isle (leaning slightly more towards the former, though).

Tough choice between Northshire, Coldridge, and Red Cloud Mesa. All three are just so cozy. I suppose in a split-decision, I'd choose the snowy blanket of Dun Morogh overall.

Deleted
    Pandaren for the setting (beautiful zone)
    Deathknight for the story and lore.
    Demonhunter for the story and lore.
    Undead for the quests and story progression in the zone.

Others can rly need a update in my opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tromage View Post
    Pandaren for the setting (beautiful zone)
    Deathknight for the story and lore.
    Demonhunter for the story and lore.
    Undead for the quests and story progression in the zone.

Others can rly need a update in my opinion.
    This has to be a joke right? You're saying the goblin and worgen starting zones need an update?

Northshire, followed up by Shadowglen for Alliance. Blood Elf starting zone is the only Horde area I can stomach.
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

"May the Goddess smile upon you."

"Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    This has to be a joke right? You're saying the goblin and worgen starting zones need an update?
    Setting boring and ugly, quests are old fasion and not fun over all.
    Storywise goblin feels forced Thrall just pops up randomly in the story as a prisoner yeah sure... and the ending is a joke (makes no sense to fight Gally and then be like i will be your friend from now on and suddenly is the faction leader)
    And Worgen to just say f this and ship to a tree in Elf land is also just a lazy ending.
    Last edited by mmoc2b606a4969; 2017-09-29 at 02:29 AM.

I chose Shadowglen and Sunstrider isle. Shadowglen was my first starting zone when I started in late vanilla. The music. The ambience. All that combined with the mystery of the unknown made it an instant favorite. I still go back there on some of my tunes just to wind down and relax. Even spend my new years (on years where I don't go anywhere) travelling back and forth from there and the Darnassus dock to Auberdine.

Sunstrider holds a similar feeling only I felt like the quests were more fleshed out and the inclusion of the "scourge" was a high point.

How in the world is Sunstrider Isle at the top of this list? For me, it is by far the worst 1-5 in the game - terribly outdated, inconvenient, low stakes, haphazardly written, and with far too few resources - even a decade on - to support all the people questing there. Quel'thalas is sorely in need of a top-to-bottom rework.

110% Death Knight. I'll occasionally make throwaway DKs on random servers just to play through it again. It's pretty much the only part of the game these days that I actually turn in-game music back on full time.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't like any of them anymore but even though I play alliance I'd have to vote forsaken for the ambience and creepy cool vibe.

I remember the starter zones used to be so much more, like in vanilla if you made gnome/dwarf there were NPCs around that had full on dialogue for like 2 minutes and had shooting practice. I miss when the game was an RPG like that pretty sure most of those things were removed in revamps and such.
    Last edited by Lazuli; 2017-09-29 at 05:30 AM.

I don't remember...

Darkspear isle. It's pretty, it has relatively more recent mechanics than other zones (Raptor riding, baby raptors, npc mini "dungeon style" boss fight and that funny Zuni or whatever troll follower and most importantly, you have the option to opt out if you are making your third troll of the month or something and feel like doing something else, unlike all other races (but gnomes) since cataclysm