Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    It is REALLY bad, it truly is OK.

I no shit quit, for no other reason than what a giant pile of crap (in my own words) PvP currently is.....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    No.

It has never been this bad.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank your for a good post finally.

Trying to equate Legion PVP as being just as bad as previous expansions gives Blizz the green light to not try to improve. Legion PVP gearing system, rewards, prestige, honor talents, templates all are in bad shape.
    Well, I would say it is between WoD and this which one is worse, and then all the other xpacks are FAR better than these two in that way.

The balance right now, isn't balance at all, and it is an INSULT to games that have some form of balance, to refer to the steaming pile of shit (again, in my own words) that is WoW PvP as "balanced" in any way.....
    Last edited by MagusHenosis; 2017-09-29 at 02:11 AM.
    "Haters gonna hate, whatcha gonna do?

They're haters after all, it's what they do!" - The Legend, aka "The Best," aka "The Champ," aka "Speedymage," aka "MagusHenosis," aka "The Grim Reaper of Top Players"

Quote Originally Posted by djcoin View Post
    In legion it's gotten even worse, skill means nothing and it's a 1v1 game now.
    I've since been gone because Wpvp has been the only thing left for me in the game since they removed the value of PVE gear in WotLK and CATA..
    Please read what you wrote here, twice...

First of all there is no difference between PvE and PvP gear anymore.
    Then both in world pvp and instanced pvp - gear and skill is what matters. (xcept whats disabled)

But you manage to believe that skill means nothing and they removed value of gear.... makes me wonder what you think matter now...

Every single expansion, the power creep cycles just as previous expansion, some classes are strong early while they get outscaled later.
    Truth of the matter is that PvP is much better in many ways than it has been in very long time, but prestige system is really locking you to play 1 character. (which is terrible for developing PvP skills)

Quote Originally Posted by djcoin View Post
    Every expansion until WoD i've been 1v3-5ing in Wpvp day after day until WoD when skill started to mean almost nothing and I could only do 1v2s at most.
    In legion it's gotten even worse, skill means nothing and it's a 1v1 game now. I managed to find solice in mistweaver because I could still outplay many people at once using mistwalk but they removed that skill.
    I've since been gone because Wpvp has been the only thing left for me in the game since they removed the value of PVE gear in WotLK and CATA (cata was the nail in the coffin).
    Arena started to become a joke in S9 and now it is just sad. Not to mention Glad title isn't cool anymore anyway.

Wpvp has always remained relatively constant, the more skill you had the more you were capable of, to very high extremes. At least until WoD, and now Legion.

There's been a few patches since I left, has the pvp situation improved at all or is it still a 1v1 game?
    I need something to play.
    World pvp is disgusting right now, if you cant 1v(x) with high amounts of gear, something is wrong. Couple good legendaries and some 930+ gear will make anyone melt. The damage output isn't linear with the defensive capabilities.

More people end up doing world PVP more than instanced PVP and when the balance is worse than Diablo 3 there is a problem.

This game wasn't made for PVP, and it shows. It got some lucky wins in early in its history, but this was mostly due to luck and massive population/enthusiasm for the game rather than designer skill. The High Warlord system was dumb. Battlegrounds are fun, but they take the player out OUT of the WORLD of Warcraft. Arenas are even worse, because they're even MORE isolated from other people - 2v2's being the worst offender.

Early "world PVP" happened because of a perfect storm of factors, not the least of which were novelty and player enthusiasm. "Hey, the other guys are raiding my village! Ha! That can happen??? Let's kill 'em! Come on, everybody! FOR THE HORDE!!!" Now we've seen it all. It's more like, "Oh look, some Alliance are in Org. *goes to bank, then to AH, then back...*"

Blizzard's sins are sins of omission. They haven't done much right with PVP lately, and I think it's because they finally realized that something like ^that stuff^ is inescapably true.

yeh world pvp is fine, a prot warrior can kill a caster in about 3 seconds if he pops CD's but if a caster pops CD's it'll take him over 15 seconds to kill a prot warrior, so ye having 5 times the survival but maybe 20% less damage is fine, world pvp is all skill /s

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    Mythic geared blood DKs popping bonestorm+vampiric blood.No one gets me below 18M HP even in a 10v1
    that would require a lot of brain dead melee, 10 casters and you'd fall over in a second, ams would go down the second you hit the GCD.

i assume you would encounter something like this in BRH, which would mean after 10 ppl died you have -100% healing & -50% health and you're dead yourself lol.

Ehh... AMS + Gorefiend's Grasp + Bonestorm is pretty hard to stop, even as a group of casters. You all end up parked on him, snared by both his D&D and his Heart Strike (which hit all of you), and eating a lot of AoE damage.

I'm not saying it's all hookers and sunshine, but it's pretty hard to take down a well-geared BDK even as a group of casters.

wPvP is cancer personified, though, so im not arguing that it's a good or bad thing. Its just a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    yeh world pvp is fine, a prot warrior can kill a caster in about 3 seconds if he pops CD's but if a caster pops CD's it'll take him over 15 seconds to kill a prot warrior, so ye having 5 times the survival but maybe 20% less damage is fine, world pvp is all skill /s

- - - Updated - - -

that would require a lot of brain dead melee, 10 casters and you'd fall over in a second, ams would go down the second you hit the GCD.

i assume you would encounter something like this in BRH, which would mean after 10 ppl died you have -100% healing & -50% health and you're dead yourself lol.
    You can pop IBF while having 10 stacks of boneshield and survive 10 seconds easily as bonestorm heals you for a lot
    Then Umbilicus Eternus takes over and they don't even stand a chance anymore

Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    You can pop IBF while having 10 stacks of boneshield and survive 10 seconds easily as bonestorm heals you for a lot
    Then Umbilicus Eternus takes over and they don't even stand a chance anymore
    as i pointed out ONLY vs melee, how much are you expecting bonestorm to heal for vs casters? unless you think a bunch of casters will stand in melee range or get mass gripped and not use their escape/mobility to run away? i have a 936 ele shaman and 936 blood dk, i managed with the help of small cliffs and water to barely kill a blood dk 1v1, give me 9 more ele shamans you'll explode to icefury.

not saying blood dk is shit i've done 1v4's etc, but 10 people? you really need them to be brainless morons attacking each other not just you.

Deleted
    Blizzard logic: NO MORE GEAR! PVP TEMPLATES SO ONLY SKILL MATTERS!

Prunes away the depth of almost every single spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Devilyaki View Post
    Everything is terrible, do you not read the forums?
    I'll be the first one to point out how many people find something wrong just to complain about it, but if you actually pvp any then you have to admit... PvP is in a really, really bad spot right now. Especially WPvP

Quote Originally Posted by Killigrew View Post
    Blizzard logic: NO MORE GEAR! PVP TEMPLATES SO ONLY SKILL MATTERS!

Prunes away the depth of almost every single spec.

Ya, I am TOTALLY with you on this!!!

Look just how boring PvP is now style wise, since EVERYONE IS THE SAME GEAR-WISE LOL!!!

It's maddening!!!

I begged Blizzard not to do the stat templates, I really did.

No more being unique and creative in instanced PvP beyond your spec it seems.....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pawstruck View Post
    This game wasn't made for PVP, and it shows. It got some lucky wins in early in its history, but this was mostly due to luck and massive population/enthusiasm for the game rather than designer skill. The High Warlord system was dumb. Battlegrounds are fun, but they take the player out OUT of the WORLD of Warcraft. Arenas are even worse, because they're even MORE isolated from other people - 2v2's being the worst offender.

Early "world PVP" happened because of a perfect storm of factors, not the least of which were novelty and player enthusiasm. "Hey, the other guys are raiding my village! Ha! That can happen??? Let's kill 'em! Come on, everybody! FOR THE HORDE!!!" Now we've seen it all. It's more like, "Oh look, some Alliance are in Org. *goes to bank, then to AH, then back...*"

Blizzard's sins are sins of omission. They haven't done much right with PVP lately, and I think it's because they finally realized that something like ^that stuff^ is inescapably true.
    I absolutely feel that there is likely some truth in here guys.

Blizzard really does seem to be ignoring PvP, and I would definitely say that they are making mistakes from my point of view in that area, and considering who I am as a player, I would think my opinion would count.

Why is it guys that raiding is SO GOOD (not counting LFR of course), but then PvP is SO BAD???

A lack of attention much there???

See, that is where I don't agree with you though, since I feel it CAN be much better, if the right moves are made to make it that way.

How???

CLEARLY as others have already said plenty of times recently on these forums, there needs to be BETTER INCENTIVES for doing BGs!!!

THAT IS THE ANSWER!!!

It wasn't even me that came up with it lol!!!

But it's the answer!!!

Please give The Legend the gear that he DESERVES (in my opinion), as the Energizer Bunny of BG grinders lol!!!

Sure, the 905 ring was REALLY nice, but other than that, I really didn't get anything that was that impressive that I can even remember, other than some legendary from normal BGs.

If PvP is going to be a big thing, that a lot of people get into, then certain changes need to me made to allow that, and MUCH GREATER attention needs to be paid to that aspect of the game.

The people have clearly spoken Blizzard, and LOTS like PvP, but at the same time, it has become so absurdly horrible, that people don't even want to do it, and you know what, IT DID NOT HAVE TO BE LIKE THAT YO!!! Druids with 50% of the ladder over 2200 lol??? THAT was unavoidable??? Well, clearly certain decisions that have been made in the last few years have led to the current state of PvP, and it's just as simple as that.

I REALLY love PvP Blizz, and I would REALLY APPRECIATE it if you would give it more attention, since DAMN YO!!!

Signed,

- A long time fan
    Last edited by MagusHenosis; 2017-09-29 at 05:34 PM.
    "Haters gonna hate, whatcha gonna do?

They're haters after all, it's what they do!" - The Legend, aka "The Best," aka "The Champ," aka "Speedymage," aka "MagusHenosis," aka "The Grim Reaper of Top Players"

10+ Year Old Account
    Is pvp still terrible?

does the pope shit in the vatican?

MoP was the most fun for me in terms of PvP and WPvP, WoD did remove that fun for some classes for me but some are still a lot of fun to play. Now I play arcane mage which is a lot of fun and still has room for really nice plays with mass inviss and so on, look up sparticle if you want to see someone doing some 1vx's.

The answer to this thread will remain the same until next xpac
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Anyway stop being such an ass fucktard.
    Quote Originally Posted by oblivium666 View Post
    Would you kindly go fuck yourself?

MoP was indeed fun, I hate my lack of mobility (destro)

Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    Is pvp still terrible?

does the pope shit in the vatican?
    You know, this Pope may not. He doesnt stay innthe Papal palace, either.

Getting 870 Season 5 gear always feels like a slap in the face to me.

Please let me buy rewarding stuff with marks again!

Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    You guys must be new.

PvPing with advantages - engineering, etc, against average characters who don't use anything. We have same shit today - legendaries.
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ldev View Post
    PvPing with advantages - engineering, etc, against average characters who don't use anything. We have same shit today - legendaries.
    Are you comparing nitro boost and goblin glider to items that allow you to kill another player in less than one second?