Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    New animation style is crap, just compare it to the old one - it was warm, vibrant and rounded. This was just cold and dull. But I can live with it since it seems to be the current state of animation. This is the "new style". It fugly as hell but as noted I can live with it.

I had more of an issue with the characters. Huey, Dewey and Louie now have different personalities? Really? Have they EVER read a Duck-comic? Seriously? Carl Barks would be spinning in his grave. I wonder what Don Rosa thinks of it. Mrs Beakley is now some kind of butch?

Not all was bad tho, the new Webbigail was fine and having David Tenant doing the voice of McDuck was great.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by looorg View Post
    New animation style is crap, just compare it to the old one - it was warm, vibrant and rounded. This was just cold and dull. But I can live with it since it seems to be the current state of animation. This is the "new style". It fugly as hell but as noted I can live with it.

I had more of an issue with the characters. Huey, Dewey and Louie now have different personalities? Really? Have they EVER read a Duck-comic? Seriously? Carl Barks would be spinning in his grave. I wonder what Don Rosa thinks of it. Mrs Beakley is now some kind of butch?

Not all was bad tho, the new Webbigail was fine and having David Tenant doing the voice of McDuck was great.
    Because 3 characters with the exact same personality are better than 3 different and unique ones?

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    Because 3 characters with the exact same personality are better than 3 different and unique ones?
    Yes. That has always been the way and part of their charm. They are 3 acting as 1. Only Donald can tell them apart, other people tell them apart by the colours.

7+ Year Old Account
    the original was better.
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by looorg View Post
    Yes. That has always been the way and part of their charm. They are 3 acting as 1. Only Donald can tell them apart, other people tell them apart by the colours.
    Scrooge can't either. He has to learn.

It's not nostalgia for me at all, I never saw the original and still loved it.

If they keep up this momentum it'll win my heart right next to Gravity Falls and Star Vs. The Forces of Evil.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

i enjoy it could be worse it could be like teen titans go

#bringbackoriginalteentitansnewepisodesseason6
    mr pickles

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post

If they keep up this momentum it'll win my heart right next to Gravity Falls and Star Vs. The Forces of Evil.
    Webby. Is. The. Bessst.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gyrados View Post
    i enjoy it could be worse it could be like teen titans go

#bringbackoriginalteentitansnewepisodesseason6
    Ha, that's fucking true. No matter what the remake does wrong it will always be better than that. Its kind of a shame Teen Titans Go! ended up being the way it did, there's some good meta-humor in there. And the Night Begins To Shine multi-parter was pretty cool.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    I think the animation is ugly as fuck. The actual movement is okay, but the flat/clipart artstyle is a burden to the eyes.
    My eyes!! The orginal Duck Tales organic and soft..... I really hope it was a economic decision (cheaper animations) and not a artistic one....

If people didn't know yet, the premier is actually available for free on their official Youtube channel. Here you go!

Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

New episodes! More Webby! More everything! Blathering Blatherskite!

This is my new favorite show.

1. That intro is the 2nd worst redo I have ever heard (The Fallout Boy rape of Ghostbusters still takes the cake)

2. The art style is..confusing...Its what I would expect if you took a group of traditional Japanese anime creators and told them to make modern ducks in American style cartoons.

3. Hopefully it stops here, I have no desire to see other childhood shows like Darkwing Duck, Tailspin or the Gummi Bears get bastardized

Quote Originally Posted by Ehrenpanzer View Post
    1. That intro is the 2nd worst redo I have ever heard (The Fallout Boy rape of Ghostbusters still takes the cake)

2. The art style is..confusing...Its what I would expect if you took a group of traditional Japanese anime creators and told them to make modern ducks in American style cartoons.

3. Hopefully it stops here, I have no desire to see other childhood shows like Darkwing Duck, Tailspin or the Gummi Bears get bastardized
    1) We're going to have to disagree about the intro.

2) The art style is miming the old Disney comics.

3) Hell no. I want all of those back. Except maybe Gummi Bears. Don't care about Gummi Bears.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetstream View Post
    3) Hell no. I want all of those back. Except maybe Gummi Bears. Don't care about Gummi Bears.
    If they went hardcore with it like they did with My Little Pony it could be interesting.

If they went hardcore with it like they did with My Little Pony it could be interesting.

Flutterbutter is best chiropractor.

10+ Year Old Account

What the fuck did I just watch...
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetstream View Post
    1) We're going to have to disagree about the intro.
    Yes, 'we' are. Very, very much.

2) The art style is miming the old Disney comics.
    Badly. Very, very badly.

3) Hell no. I want all of those back.
    So do 'we.' Just not like this shit.

Quote Originally Posted by The Jabberwock View Post
    Yes, 'we' are. Very, very much.

Badly. Very, very badly.

So do 'we.' Just not like this shit.
    What the hell is with the quotes around we? There are two of us involved in this conversation.

10+ Year Old Account
    I kinda like it, since its more of a mix of comic and original ducktales (where donald was missing all the time).

Example:

Gyro Gearloose seems like improvment over the original, where it looking more like a just side character.
    Beegle family is quite close to original design to:
    Don't sweat the details!!!