Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Why farm relic/trinket relinquished tokens?

As a newbie I'm not quite sure why but I've seen lots of people talking on trade and forum saying they are farming specific iron/life/frost etc relics ... and other trinkets.

Can someone please explain simply why is this? what's the point? Is there something I'm missing? If there is anything else that I should know?

Thanks in advance. Much appreciated.

It's for the BiS trinkets for every class because it can be any trinket, its base is 910 and go to Cap

Because titanforging is a great mechanic, it creates content out of thin air by pushing people to do the same stuff over and over for a incredible small chance at a gear upgrade. It's quite smart.

Since the Relinquished gear can roll any piece from Emerald Nightmare/Nighthold/Dungeons/World Bosses, some of those pieces are simply SO strong that getting them at a high item level is worth more than Tomb of Sargeras gear.

For example, Bloodthirsty Instinct and Unstable Arcanocrystal both blow every Tomb trinket out of the water for my character, even at slightly lower item level.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorixis View Post
    Because titanforging is a great mechanic, it creates content out of thin air by pushing people to do the same stuff over and over for a incredible small chance at a gear upgrade. It's quite smart.
    exactly!

A) it's optional
    B) it keeps content relevant longer
    C) getting loot more often with a chance to be better than base is better than grinding to even get loot in the first place, imo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bbj View Post
    As a newbie I'm not quite sure why but I've seen lots of people talking on trade and forum saying they are farming specific iron/life/frost etc relics ... and other trinkets.

Can someone please explain simply why is this? what's the point? Is there something I'm missing? If there is anything else that I should know?

Thanks in advance. Much appreciated.
    Each class has relics and trinkets that allow them to do their jobs better basically, most people call it min/maxing, as you minimize stats you don't need to maximize the ones you do. Not everything is equal, certain trinkets are really good, some are incredibly bad, same with relic traits. There are various resources that can help you learn not only what stats and trinkets you want, but your class in general in terms of skills/rotations. MMO-champ class forums usually have guides, otherwise you can check Icyveins, they have decent guides of every spec.

Quote Originally Posted by azurrei View Post
    exactly!

A) it's optional
    B) it keeps content relevant longer
    C) getting loot more often with a chance to be better than base is better than grinding to even get loot in the first place, imo
    I may be wrong but I think the post was sarcastic.

That said, I don't think it's entirely optional (depending on how you want to play). You could say raiding is optional, or leveling is optional, but that doesn't make sense either.

I understand why some people like the warforge mechanic. Imo it's awful.

Is there monk spreadsheet with BiS items for all socket? Personally I think CoF is greatest trinket for any class (I play WW Monk) for almost all classes with main stats and nice passive but I see people aim for Unstable Arcanocrystal which has no main stats and secondary stats. Is Unstable Arcanocrystal that good???

Also getting many of same relics is good for nether crucible or something? What am I missing? Thank you guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Goondicker View Post
    I may be wrong but I think the post was sarcastic.

That said, I don't think it's entirely optional (depending on how you want to play). You could say raiding is optional, or leveling is optional, but that doesn't make sense either.

I understand why some people like the warforge mechanic. Imo it's awful.
    It was meant to be both a parody on the all the people who complain they "have to" do things they dont want to as well be a recognition of how smart the mechanic actually is from a game design perspective. Legendary points and titanforging make it so any content can progress your character even if its just a small chance, thus people can choose to do whatever they think is the most fun instead of just clearing the raid the every week and then being afk till next raid.

I personally don't make much use of the titanforge mechanic (as in I don't grind relinquished over and over, I just do the weekly stuff) but I still think its a great way to ensure that any content can progress your character. It just seems like most mythic raiders look at it and say "omg i have to play the game wtf".
    Last edited by Rorixis; 2017-09-29 at 03:57 AM.

Is there monk spreadsheet with BiS items for all socket? Personally I think CoF is greatest trinket for any class (I play WW Monk) for almost all classes with main stats and nice passive but I see people aim for Unstable Arcanocrystal which has no main stats and secondary stats. Is Unstable Arcanocrystal that good???

Also getting many of same relics is good for nether crucible or something? What am I missing? Thank you guys.
    http://www.peakofserenity.com/

CoF and Arcanocrystal are not very good for windwalker monk really. browse through the windwalker info on that website, there is a TON of information.

Quote Originally Posted by Canderous1 View Post
    http://www.peakofserenity.com/

CoF and Arcanocrystal are not very good for windwalker monk really. browse through the windwalker info on that website, there is a TON of information.
    Convergence depends on kill length so it's not something to rely on.
    If you get extra uses out of your cds, it's generally a usable item. If fights are too short, it's often not usable. Same with any cdr tbh.

https://bloodmallet.github.io/ is a good at-a-glance resource for trinkets

Quote Originally Posted by kary View Post
    Convergence depends on kill length so it's not something to rely on.
    If you get extra uses out of your cds, it's generally a usable item. If fights are too short, it's often not usable. Same with any cdr tbh.

https://bloodmallet.github.io/ is a good at-a-glance resource for trinkets
    it also has an extremely low proc rate for windwalkers.

The Arcanocrystal is good because it gives a bunch of ALL secondaries. For many classes, secondaries can be more useful than main stats. This is true for most tanks, some healers and some of the DPS. Additionally, you get so many of the stats that, for its ilvl, you get more than you should (it is over the stat budget for its ilvl). So, for an 875 Arcanocrystal, you get a total of 3584 secondary stats, when you really should only be getting a total of about 2500 stats. It makes it really nice to have and hard to replace.

As for the relics, as mentioned, some traits on the relics are much nicer than others. Additionally, because of how the crucible works, you could have 5 of the exact same ilvl relic with the same trait, and when you go to socket it, it gives entirely different T2 and T3 traits. So lets say you get 5 of the same relic. If that relic has your #2 trait on it normally, you could end up with any of the 8 other traits, one of which could be your #1 trait in your T3 row. Additionally, you could also get bad/ok/good/great options for your 2 choices of T2. You could also get screwed and get your #1 trait in T3 on a path that requires taking your worst T2 trait. It is honestly a complicated ball of bullshit RNG. But it is useful to have lots of the same relic in hopes of getting something awesome from the crucible.

Quote Originally Posted by Canderous1 View Post
    it also has an extremely low proc rate for windwalkers.
    That's likely it.
    I tend to just use statsticks on my monk, EoE is the most annoying trinket ever and I'm fairly close to rage-deleting it.

Only have convergence on my BM, procs like crazy on that.

As an enhancement shaman it's because my BiS trinkets don't drop from the current raid because Titanforging is fucking stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    As an enhancement shaman it's because my BiS trinkets don't drop from the current raid because Titanforging is fucking stupid.
    that literally has nothing to do with titanforging

Quote Originally Posted by Rorixis View Post
    It just seems like most mythic raiders look at it and say "omg i have to play the game wtf".
    MMORPGs and raiding are social endeavours, peer pressure and "keeping up with the joneses" is a thing. However funnily my guild is on mythic KJ and the recruitment requirement is non-trivial mythic raiding experience and good logs, if you can score these without bis relics, trinkets, legendaries, titanforges and whatnot, more power to you. While every day on trade I see guilds 3/9m, 5/9m and so forth stress mostly "must have x ilvl and y artifact traits" as a recruitment requirement. And you wonder why people feel compelled to "grind".

However I must admit things like correct trinkets make a lot of difference, it's one of the items you don't just go for ilvl blindly. With relics, rolling a strong trait or crucible shadow / light power can beat a relic several ilvls higher but with unfavourable traits. And for some reason it seems easy sources of casual gear like world bosses often drop relics with bad traits (why? so casuals can't get good stuff easy or what?), 7.2 world boss - oh hey, we have this aspect of the turtle relic for your hunter, 7.3 invasion boss, you can take the one that increases your pet dodge too. No wonder people have to "gamble" for good relics if they don't raid.

And no, mythic+ isn't a good alternative, because you aren't guaranteed an item and if you get a drop, it's usually some cloak or ring, rarely a relic of the type you actually need. And m+ drops 915 baseline, goes higher only with titanforge / warforge, so farming argunite is probably a better value for your time.
    Last edited by Marrilaife; 2017-09-29 at 04:19 AM.

the arcanocrystal is rated pretty low for windwalkers because agility is sooo much more imporant than secondaries. an agi/mastery stat stick will severely outperform the arcanocrystal.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    MMORPGs and raiding are social endeavours, peer pressure and "keeping up with the joneses" is a thing. However funnily my guild is on mythic KJ and the recruitment requirement is non-trivial mythic raiding experience and good logs, if you can score these without bis relics, trinkets, legendaries, titanforges and whatnot, more power to you. While every day on trade I see guilds 3/9m, 5/9m and so forth stress mostly "must have x ilvl and y artifact traits" as a recruitment requirement.

However I must admit things like correct trinkets make a lot of difference, it's one of the items you don't just go for ilvl blindly. With relics, rolling a strong trait or crucible shadow / light power can beat a relic several ilvls higher but with unfavourable traits. And for some reason it seems easy sources of casual gear like world bosses often drop relics with bad traits (why? so casuals can't get good stuff easy or what?), 7.2 world boss - oh hey, we have this aspect of the turtle relic for your hunter, 7.3 invasion boss, you can take the one that increases your pet dodge too. No wonder people have to "gamble" for good relics if they don't raid.

And no, mythic+ isn't a good alternative, because you aren't guaranteed an item and if you get a drop, it's usually some cloak or ring, rarely a relic of the type you actually need. And m+ drops 915 baseline, goes higher only with titanforge / warforge, so farming argunite is probably a better value for your time.
    You can stack groups for drops in M+
    That's what a lot of people do. If you ever see someone running a certain key, they are highly likely to stack it with people who can get that trinket/relic/whatever they are trying to acquire.

I'd wager it's prob the best way to gear up; class stacking.

Full leather M+ groups get folks geared almost instantaneously.

I got the BiS (I think anyways, Icy Veins say so) 910 Arcano Crystal and the Maiden Trinket for my Warrior.

I got really lucky and im depressed that I spent my luck on a god damn alt.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"