Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    We are talking 15% more to your main attack here, it's well within the realm of possibilities that it would beat out chest + what ever with something like the belt.
    Doesn't matter, the 2pc t20 is not worth the chest dps which makes up for almost 10% of your total damage, no legendary or tier bonus comes anywhere close to that.
    Last edited by Khain; 2017-09-27 at 04:56 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Khain View Post
    Doesn't matter, the 2pc t20 is not worth the chest dps which makes up for almost 10% of your total damage, no legendary or tier bonus comes anywhere close to that.
    Thing is, you're not trading the chest for the 2p bonus, but the chest for the 2p bonus + another legendary.

in Unholies case the T20 would be worth using IF they didnt use shoulders as well making 6pc of tier impossible to equip regardless of chest legendary.

for frost you could run Bracer/Belt with T21 4pc and T20 2pc (if you also rolled ambi/NbtB double traits) on your relics path.

But for Unholy even if u ran:

Leg Bracer/Ring + T20 2pc +T21 4pc I dont think that matches up at all with just running Chest/shoulder T21 4pc

I was refering to the 2p of t21 with the 4p of T20, as I'm not yet sold on the 4p t21. With people getting titanforges left right an center of the current one I could see it requiring another titanforge or at least a heroic or mythic piece to make it worth the exchange, which is also why I wrote "interim" in the first comment regarding this argument.

7+ Year Old Account
    im assuming you boys are talking about Cold Heart? Is it really that stronk?
    Sorry for the silly question but i was unsubbed for like 4 months and didnt keep up

Quote Originally Posted by Mofn View Post
    im assuming you boys are talking about Cold Heart? Is it really that stronk?
    Sorry for the silly question but i was unsubbed for like 4 months and didnt keep up
    It's 2000% ap every 40 seconds, and I'm pretty sure it scales with mastery (I don't have it on my DK though so don't quote me on that).

It's a pretty insane amount of extra damage.

7+ Year Old Account
    i actually really like the Blood bonuses. I think if you get two piece bonus and Service of Gorefiend, youll be fucking king of M+ with your near endless defensive cooldowns :P
    Add on Soul of the Deathlord to that, and youll be golden :P

Cold Heart really is that strong. (It also combos really nicely with the bracers, which seem to be here to stay.) But the belt could pull ahead with next tier and the potential for 4pc + 2pc.

- - - Updated - - -

BoS may also prove more viable next tier too, which would also make the belt more appealing.

Deleted
    currently on the PTR the extra cast of death coil DOES NOT increase the scaling of DA. the game "sees" another death coil, and weakauras count 90rp spent when it procs, but arbiter damage is identical on a double cast as it is with a single cast unfortunately. this means that DA is in the same position as it was with t20, which is absolutely fine, as it keeps the waters un-muddied. the t21 dmg increase, which averages to an increase in damage on death coil by 45% needs to beat out the t20 2 and 4 piece damage. neither of these two effects would be enough to justify the switching of chest OR shoulders, unless t21 scales with mastery to a point where defile may overtake, or a full haste sudden doom proc build becomes strongest with soul reaper, however this is unlikely.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Icedcoffeee View Post
    Cold Heart really is that strong. (It also combos really nicely with the bracers, which seem to be here to stay.) But the belt could pull ahead with next tier and the potential for 4pc + 2pc.

- - - Updated - - -

BoS may also prove more viable next tier too, which would also make the belt more appealing.
    I sure hope BoS is back. Frost DK has never been more fun for me. Unholy is fun, but I don't like the Dark Arbiter build. Kinda wish they'd buff Soul Reaper or something.
    I'm just here to complain, if I'm being honest

Quote Originally Posted by Rixark View Post
    I sure hope BoS is back. Frost DK has never been more fun for me. Unholy is fun, but I don't like the Dark Arbiter build. Kinda wish they'd buff Soul Reaper or something.
    A buff to Soul Reaper would always be nice, but to be honest the SR build is completely viable. The Dark Arbiter build is the best but using SR with Clawing shadows still do very decent damage.

It would be nice if they'd revert SR back to its original state, IMO at least. I still don't understand the reasoning behind changing it.

Ugh, reading about the state of DK bums me out. I just came back for 7.3 and rolled my favorite class (or so I thought). Kinda wish I just made a warrior TBH

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost hardware View Post
    It would be nice if they'd revert SR back to its original state, IMO at least. I still don't understand the reasoning behind changing it.

Ugh, reading about the state of DK bums me out. I just came back for 7.3 and rolled my favorite class (or so I thought). Kinda wish I just made a warrior TBH
    Unholy is actually very strong right now, I'm just not a fan of the build. It also gets exponentially better with the lege Shoulders and Chest, which I don't have because those are literally the only 2 legendaries I'm missing.
    I'm just here to complain, if I'm being honest

Unholy is actually very strong right now, I'm just not a fan of the build. It also gets exponentially better with the lege Shoulders and Chest, which I don't have because those are literally the only 2 legendaries I'm missing.
    Define "exponentially". Because tbh, I've been pretty disappointed with the shoulders. Only Chest missing now but I don't have huge hopes. I think we're vastly overestimating them. I've been getting huge difference in DPS not because of the legendaries but because of the rotation. I'm not talking about how to open with DA or how to sync them up with everything or using CoF because everybody knows it, but about the runes, wounds and runic power.

Have you ever used warcraftlogs?
    Chest and shoulders are farfar ahead mostly on ST bosses. Far ahead.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by farza View Post
    Have you ever used warcraftlogs?
    Chest and shoulders are farfar ahead mostly on ST bosses. Far ahead.
    In before Klatar:
    While no doubt, Shoulders + Chest are the best ST Combo, the difference isnt as big as logs are showning. Because no good Unholy is actually using anything else. So there are only 2 Groups of ppl who are not using it, 1) "bad" Players who dont know which legendaries are best 2) Players who are just missing the legendaries. Looking at all UH mythic parses its 77% CH + Shoulders.

----
    4p for frost and blood need to be adressed which will hopefully happen soon