Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by -Skye View Post
    What should of they done?
    Ahem..... Path of Exile's skill tree, for exibit A:

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raego View Post
    Yeah, it was boring for quite a while now. And getting AP items as rewards instead of gear really lowers my enjoyment of the game.
    This I can actually agree with. AP should have continued accruing like experience points. NOT as a reward that replaced gear, gold, mounts, toys, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post

- - - Updated - - -

This I can actually agree with. AP should have continued accruing like experience points. NOT as a reward that replaced gear, gold, mounts, toys, etc.
    AP literally only replaces gold.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    And I don't mean grinding it. I mean just getting it. Because gaining a skill point is so dull. Hmm I wonder what skill am I gonna put it in... At least in the beginning it was fun to unlock new talents as you choose. But now it's just one talent that you are leveling up. And then you have to get back to your order hall just to put the one point in. Every time you gain a level. I almost hope that when I apply AP I don't get a levelup, just so that I don't have to go to my order hall.
    Why can't people just look to AP like paragon levels in D3?

I know that putting points into your weapon greatly enhances the performance of your weapon and thus your character, but why do people look at AP as mandatory? Paragon levels in Diablo 3 are awesome because it gives you some sort of progression past the max level of the game. The whole reason why we have AP was to serve as kind of a "Path of the titans" form of progression past leveling up to 110.

Sure, gear does that just fine, but its also nice to know that virtually any activity that you do in game nets you AP which makes you more powerful over time (aka paragon levels).

The problem is not the system, its the players. Players who think that it is mandatory to have, when really, its just "nice" to have.

I'll do an experiment, and complete all of heroic tomb with only characters that put the first point into their weapons and only gear to increase power and ill get back to you. (hint, i'll still be able to kill KJ at least on heroic).

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Oh hey! lets all be mages when we rolled as warriors!

/sarcasm

Path of exile is a shit game anyway. Plus, thats not relevant to WoW.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Theprejudice View Post
    *Looks at poster*
    Oh boy, another whine thread already
    I DID EXACTLY THE SAME!!!

I even rolled my eyes. I hope he will be banned again soon.

Game is pretty boring overall right now, it feels tedious to raid Mythic ToS this patch because they designed almost every fight around rogues, which in turn makes it boring for other players and tedious for guilds who don't have multiple rogues. That said I can't wait to hit 75 in my artifact(only 3 and a half more levels) then I can be a little more lax with the AP grind. I don't think Antorus is gonna solve the boring nature of this expansion, but I'm not gonna quit playing any time soon, soooo we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post

Oh hey! lets all be mages when we rolled as warriors!

/sarcasm

Path of exile is a shit game anyway. Plus, thats not relevant to WoW.
    I don't necessarily think that WoW needs to become as free form as Path of Exile, especially not by using Artifact Power or Paragon levels at cap. But Path of Exile's talent tree is a good example of the kinds of progression trees that are possible. It has diversity and player choice, and Blizzard could learn a lot from it.

As for PoE being a shit game that's not relevant to WoW, I suspect that your opinion has more to do with not liking the style and presentation than actual game quality.

PoE has more depth and diversity than either WoW or Diablo 3. Other than the graphics style, it's arguably a more advanced game as well, with better use of seasons, short and long-term competitive ladders, and underlying game mechanics. It also boasts one of the best F2P business models on the market.

Hey OP, I grinded out like 3,000 BG WINS in a single xpack.......just for the hell of it lol!!!

AP???

Prestige???

Hell, I was already doing that shit anyways!!!

I would suggest you try and be more hardcore there, since DAMN YO!!!

- - - Updated - - -

HOLY HELL, this thread just HARDCORE made me want to play again LOL!!!

To see the game like this AGAIN though......man, I don't even know if I can take it.

I couldn't before after all.....

- - - Updated - - -

HOLY HELL, this thread just HARDCORE made me want to play LOL!!!

To see the game like this AGAIN though......man, I don't even know if I can take it YO.

I couldn't last time after all.....
    "Haters gonna hate, whatcha gonna do?

They're haters after all, it's what they do!" - The Legend, aka "The Best," aka "The Champ," aka "Speedymage," aka "MagusHenosis," aka "The Grim Reaper of Top Players"

Quote Originally Posted by Regalbeast View Post
    I would ask if you are new to WoW but I'm pretty sure I already know the answer.

If there was no AP you would complain that there is nothing to do at 110 besides gearing. AP only adds in another aspect to the end-game, gives you something to work towards or gives you some reward for actually playing.

BTW, you don't have to actually care or earn AP to play the game. Just thought you should know.
    I am not new. And I find plenty of things to do in the game without having to grind AP, which I wasn't really doing since I got my hand on first concordance trait. However, gaining crucible traits is something that gives me additional power and that is something I need because my guild progresses mythic content.

Deleted
    Damn that looks horrible!

poop
    You and your shit whine threads. Seek addiction therapy already.

Everything about AP is tedious at this point. If they change anyhting I hope for the next expansion they make god forsaken tokens stack. It's so annoying if you want to push another spec and you have to constantly change specs because the tokens clog up your pags in no time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Why can't people just look to AP like paragon levels in D3?
    They absolutely are. And Paragon levels are shit and boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    Damn that looks horrible!
    So do a lot of things until you understand them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    Its not meant to really be crazy exciting. You know what the alternative was to this? Nothing. Absolutely nothing. No AP. No power gain. Nada.
    No the alternative was like in 7.0 where we actually could unlock cool traits.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Valaut View Post
    I thought you said you wouldn't play till Antorus would come out? You are such a hypocrite Trollduin. And no, it's not boring. Just unsub and stop making whine threads al-fucking-ready.
    That was before I realized I had to play all of the Argus quests on each character individually to unlock the mission to get the 925 and 950 gear for champions.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Army Dreamer View Post
    Yeah... it was sow interesting and exciting before...
    Quote Originally Posted by TOM_RUS View Post
    Why now? It's been like that since legion day one...
    Nope. You could actually pick between different talents before.

Nope. You could actually pick between different talents before.
    You could, but arguably many of the choices weren't very good. That's why I linked the picture of the Path of Exile talent tree: To show what a real set of choices looks like, with a full spectrum of competitive builds.

Deleted
    You could, but arguably many of the choices weren't very good. That's why I linked the picture of the Path of Exile talent tree: To show what a real set of choices looks like, with a full spectrum of competitive builds.
    It's better than what we have now, which is no choice at all.

It's better than what we have now, which is no choice at all.
    Well..I think the Artifact trees are really similar to the original talent trees. The main difference being that with artifacts you can eventually get everything,l(which you couldn't do before).

So you're absolutely right that it takes away choices. And I think it also contributes pretty heavily to the idea that a person has to grind to Max to be considered optimal.

It has diversity and player choice, and Blizzard could learn a lot from it.
    And a lot of its talent 'choices' are really, really boring. Even more boring than "and your concordance is now higher". Like paths and paths of "X% increase to skill Y" boring. WoW talents used to be the same until they overhauled them.

Deleted
    Well..I think the Artifact trees are really similar to the original talent trees. The main difference being that with artifacts you can eventually get everything,l(which you couldn't do before).

So you're absolutely right that it takes away choices. And I think it also contributes pretty heavily to the idea that a person has to grind to Max to be considered optimal.
    I'm fine with the artifact trees. I mean the fact that at this point we only put points into one talent.

Deleted
    The difference between each concordance level is ptetty small so at the moment, especially on alts, I am just stacking up new artifact levels until I will actually get something from the Cricible.