Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Antorus'/Legion's Final Boss will have a mythic only phase (Spoilers)

Just reported here.

I'm thinking it's something to do with Sargaras.
    Pally Collector, 785+ Mounts, 1740+ Pets, 715+ Toys, 34000+ achieves.

Quote Originally Posted by Richardbro View Post
    Just reported here.

I'm thinking it's something to do with Sargaras.
    MYTHIC FIGHTS ARE DIFFERENT TO OTHER MODES!

More news at 11.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    MYTHIC FIGHTS ARE DIFFERENT TO OTHER MODES!

More news at 11.
    Online forums have edgy jerkoffs with nothing constructive to add!

Good job guy, I'm glad I tuned in!

Deleted
    The hype is real but wonder how tight they are gonna tune . Do you guys prefer same difficulty as KJ mythic?

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I'm still not convinced that we have seen all the bosses. My reasoning behind that is that every single raid, with the exception of Trial of Valor, in this expansion and last have had the final boss in a wing of their own - but Antorus is breaking that trend by having 4 wings of 3/3/3/2. it might be a lame duck of a reason, but it is changing it up for no particular reason

Deleted
    Really disappointed if the only time we can see the main man behind legion outside the cinematic is on a mythic phase

Can't wait for Method and Exorsus to complain about this one being overtuned and buggy too.

Deleted
    i hope theres things to soak

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesmarcus View Post
    i hope theres things to soak
    oh boy cant wait
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRacoon View Post
    The hype is real but wonder how tight they are gonna tune . Do you guys prefer same difficulty as KJ mythic?
    Mythic KJ was not really a difficult boss like Gul'dan or Helya was. Most of the deaths are to people being at 80-90% health(due to soaking DoT) and getting hit by circles, or missing a soak. Or obviously falling off.

If you can get to last phase on KJ with everyone alive, you are most likely going to kill it as there is nothing dangerous there other than healers healing the DoT damage.

Avatar was a harder boss in my opinion as it had more individual responsibility. Both bosses actually felt like end bosses, which is my many don't like this instance because avatar was way too highly tuned and made the progress last an eternity for guilds.

http://www.wowhead.com/news=272829/s...l-antorus-boss

It's obviously Sargeras, just look at the ability names. Sargeras' Fear, Sargeras' Rage, Chains of Sargeras.

Nothing surprising, just like anyone with a brain expected.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Mythic KJ was not really a difficult boss like Gul'dan or Helya was. Most of the deaths are to people being at 80-90% health(due to soaking DoT) and getting hit by circles, or missing a soak. Or obviously falling off.

If you can get to last phase on KJ with everyone alive, you are most likely going to kill it as there is nothing dangerous there other than healers healing the DoT damage.

Avatar was a harder boss in my opinion as it had more individual responsibility. Both bosses actually felt like end bosses, which is my many don't like this instance because avatar was way too highly tuned and made the progress last an eternity for guilds.

1600 combined wipes from top 2 guilds to this "not really a difficult boss". 1400 from Alpha.

Abysmic kill rates 3 months into the tier and 3 rounds of official, mechanic changing nerfs. Guilds not even trying to rekill.

Also the first nerf gutted the last phase from the original by starting at 3 instead of 5 oblisks

I just don't see how you can say m KJ isn't hard...

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    That is an ability for Portal Keeper Hasabel fight it is just named Catastropic Implosion in her journal.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    "The boss wasn't hard except all the mechanics people kept dying to"
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

10+ Year Old Account
    kinda wasted material if sargeras is a mythic-only phase and nothin more
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    kinda wasted material if sargeras is a mythic-only phase and nothin more
    Eh, from a technical perspective sure, not many will see it. But it's great that there's something semi-exclusive to players willing to put the time and effort in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    Eh, from a technical perspective sure, not many will see it. But it's great that there's something semi-exclusive to players willing to put the time and effort in.
    i dunno, its like making a big ghoul the last boss in wotlk and lich king only showing up on 25hc last phase
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    i dunno, its like making a big ghoul the last boss in wotlk and lich king only showing up on 25hc last phase
    I don't see the problem with it, it's content everyone can get access to, it's just harder to do so. Whether you farm up the huge amount of gold to pay for a carry, (Or buy it with real money) or work your way there the hard way, anyone can get there.

It's good to have content not everyone will see, because then content means more. If all content is easy for everyone to see, people lose interest.

Quote Originally Posted by Argorwal View Post
    1600 combined wipes from top 2 guilds to this "not really a difficult boss". 1400 from Alpha.

Abysmic kill rates 3 months into the tier and 3 rounds of official, mechanic changing nerfs. Guilds not even trying to rekill.

Also the first nerf gutted the last phase from the original by starting at 3 instead of 5 oblisks

I just don't see how you can say m KJ isn't hard...
    It was hard but not because the actual mechanics were difficult. The fight relied too much on healers topping off people to not get 1 shot by other mechanics(eg. first guy running to drop balls on DPS adds had to deal with 1m dot and 2 other adds casting for 1.5m each, easy 4m damage in 0.5 sec if unlucky). Now with crucible everyone got +200k health(which is a LOT) and KJ damage nerfed it isn't an issue at all.