Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by skannerz22 View Post
    there is no puzzle
    puzzles have a pattern
    endless halls has no pattern everyones maze is randomly generated

i have been doing it for 2 fucking hours if i didn't have patience i wouldn't of done it at all and i have looked at lots of ways of doing it and it doesn't work
    its run by a computer, its math. its an algortithm. that means there is a pattern 100 %. You just have to find it.

10+ Year Old Account
    after 2-3 hours
    i found red reset
    -Proffesional Necromancer-

there is no puzzle
    puzzles have a pattern
    endless halls has no pattern everyones maze is randomly generated
    Its a Maze, a maze is a kind of Puzzle. You CAN map the whole thing out. You need to realize that rooms can Overlap each other, or be on the same spot. Think of it as 3D where Rooms may be on the same X Y Position but on a Different Z.

Also, there are "Teleporters" which bring you to another room where you cant go back.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulForge View Post
    Someone mentioned pen and paper. Don't do that.
    Problem with mapping it, is that each room looks the same. You have only one way of knowing where you are: Rooms with Runes/Orbs.
    If you dont pick them up, you can map it out fairly easy. And you know when you run in a Circle pretty fast.

I chose the "Turn Always Right" Method, and it worked out (relativly) well.

In the end of the day, each method works for different people more or less.

Other people just run around randomly and get to the goal.

Quote Originally Posted by Renault View Post
    You suck mate. The maze is not bugged or broken. You're just bad at it.

What i did, i used the addon, and it took me about an hour at most.

What i did, was NEVER go into a room that would overlap another room on the addon. That way you can backtrack with no problem what so ever. When i completed a rune with an orb, i would backtrack to another rune or orb i found earlier, and then reset the map on the addon. And then rinse and repeat.
    Ezpz
    That sounds like a reasonable Approach. I would second this, to try it out.

I had done this twice the first time I gave up trying to map and used the strategy:
    1) Pick a primary and secondary direction.
    2) The combinations are:
    North, East
    North, West
    East, North
    East, South
    South, East
    South, West
    West, South
    West, North

3) Once you found you've hit the same landmark twice (Say you hit green orb twice) switch directions.
    Make sure to note all the landmarks along that priority combination, so that you can use that same combination to reach that landmark again.
    -Before hitting green orb twice perhaps you encounter a yellow orb and a red sigil.

4) If you do this for all 8 combinations of directions you should solve the map if not being very close.

The second time I did this I wanted a more comprehensive map that marked where the ports are. (This takes a very long time compared to the other strategy, as you should probably not only check the direction you go but if you go back if you are in the room you were just in. I opted to mostly track singular direction.)

Note: When mapping it's much easier to not solve anything until you've found all of the orbs and sigils so they serve as landmarks that you can use to determine where ports were.

Won't let me post an image
    imgur[dot]com/4O7LI81

10+ Year Old Account
    i keep trying to make a pattern
    always north
    or
    always south
    or
    always east
    or
    always west

i keep finding the runes a lot faster than before and they 2colours seem to be next to each other and the other 2 are next to each other but in opposite directions
    but i'm pretty sure at this point that my instance is bugged and needs a complete reset
    because blue, purple, green orbs are nowhere to be found regardless of which pattern i try to use

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LanToaster View Post
    Its a Maze, a maze is a kind of Puzzle. You CAN map the whole thing out. You need to realize that rooms can Overlap each other, or be on the same spot. Think of it as 3D where Rooms may be on the same X Y Position but on a Different Z.

Also, there are "Teleporters" which bring you to another room where you cant go back.

Problem with mapping it, is that each room looks the same. You have only one way of knowing where you are: Rooms with Runes/Orbs.
    If you dont pick them up, you can map it out fairly easy. And you know when you run in a Circle pretty fast.

I chose the "Turn Always Right" Method, and it worked out (relativly) well.

In the end of the day, each method works for different people more or less.

Other people just run around randomly and get to the goal.

That sounds like a reasonable Approach. I would second this, to try it out.
    this maze is 4d not 3d

- - - Updated - - -

i have repeatedly looped around green, blue, red, purple

their orbs are nowhere to be found

Deleted
    this maze is 4d not 3d
    I had the orbs/altars reset over time but not the maze itself so I doubt Time is involved. And the stuff about going upstairs and downstairs seemed a red herring as every north and south sees you taking stairs.

The map looks to be 2D with warp points to make it seem like rooms were stacked on top of each other. Refer to the map in my previous post to see all the warp points and how they wouldn't match up if going upstairs or downstairs were the explanation.

curse comments.. fuck me
    Yeah... When I first read your thread I was gonna comment on spending only an hour on it before giving up, that's way lower than what it takes on average. I did it the night that it was discovered so there was no addons yet and I can't say if the addon makes it easier or not but I spent 2.5 hours trying to get it done by mapping it with hand, I decided to stop mapping and just run randomly and got it done within next 30 minutes, so try a mix of both mapping and just running, see what works out for you.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    I finished endless halls in like 15-20 minutes.
    Everyone in guild was salty as f, but I just yolo'd.
    My 'strategy' (outside of yolo, of course) was to go left, then straight until i can't anymore, then left if possible, else right, then straight until I can't anymore, rinse and repeat.
    Didn't bother with trying to map or anything, figured it would take more time to map out than to just run blindly and hope.

Oh, and also:
    Where did you come from?
    Where did you go?
    Where did you come from?
    Cotton Eye joe

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tenaka30 View Post
    I had the orbs/altars reset over time but not the maze itself so I doubt Time is involved. And the stuff about going upstairs and downstairs seemed a red herring as every north and south sees you taking stairs.

The map looks to be 2D with warp points to make it seem like rooms were stacked on top of each other. Refer to the map in my previous post to see all the warp points and how they wouldn't match up if going upstairs or downstairs were the explanation.
    2d+warps+stacked ontop of each other inside a 3d world is 4D go watch the cube trilogy one of the movies was a 2d liquid nanite pool that transformed into a 3 dimensional world with having warps and stacking constantly ending up being 4 dimensional it was insane

look at this

Last edited by skannerz22; 2017-09-29 at 01:21 PM.

I did this the day the info first came out on how to complete the whole chain quest. I didn't have too much of a problem with it since I usually prioritized south then east. If I couldn't go either because of a blocked wall I just jumped over it since I was on my Demon Hunter. (I know not everyone is able to). I was done in around 40 minutes. Had a friend finish in 35. But I also know people who've taken hours. Longest I've seen was some poor dude stuck in there for 13 hours. I just played some music while doing the endless halls. Helped me keep my mind off of the task. I would recommend the same. I know it's different for everyone due to the random generator etc. I wish you the best of luck!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    Yeah... When I first read your thread I was gonna comment on spending only an hour on it before giving up, that's way lower than what it takes on average. I did it the night that it was discovered so there was no addons yet and I can't say if the addon makes it easier or not but I spent 2.5 hours trying to get it done by mapping it with hand, I decided to stop mapping and just run randomly and got it done within next 30 minutes, so try a mix of both mapping and just running, see what works out for you.
    i have been here since around 6:20pm it's 11:11pm now
    i tried repeatedly 4 times i am on my 4th instance now with a total of around 3 hours in it but a total of nearly 4 hours of trying this maze including the other attempts

Quote Originally Posted by By the Emperor View Post
    You don't even need pen and paper:

By far the easiest way of doing it, no addons needed.
    Done it twice in thirty minutes even though it needs to be done only once.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jujudrood View Post
    I finished endless halls in like 15-20 minutes.
    Everyone in guild was salty as f, but I just yolo'd.
    My 'strategy' (outside of yolo, of course) was to go left, then straight until i can't anymore, then left if possible, else right, then straight until I can't anymore, rinse and repeat.
    Didn't bother with trying to map or anything, figured it would take more time to map out than to just run blindly and hope.

Oh, and also:
    Where did you come from?
    Where did you go?
    Where did you come from?
    Cotton Eye joe
    i already tried multiple ways including yours and found the runes easy but the orbs are missing for 3 of them like i have been saying i think my instance is bugged

now i am trying someone elses way always go right and if i turn around because i can't go right then that left path just became my right

Did it in 20 mins... no addon... no pen & paper... just method. I always went north... if I couldn't go north I went east... if I couldn't go north or east I went south. Used priority in reverse to backtrack. Just remember your orientation and it's a piece of cake.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    i already tried multiple ways including yours and found the runes easy but the orbs are missing for 3 of them like i have been saying i think my instance is bugged

now i am trying someone elses way always go right and if i turn around because i can't go right then that left path just became my right
    If that's the case, maybe try it on a diff toon?
    I dunno if it saves progress for your account as a whole or if it's toon-based, but if it's bugged, might be worth trying again instead of running yourself ragged in a bugged instance.

I did this in 45 minutes on the first day. Ignore the orbs and runes in the beginning just mark it down on your map to get landmarks. When you get 2 or max 3 landmarks, make a new fragment of the map. THIS IS IMPORTANT. Do not make a big map. Whenever you enter a door that you haven't been in before, it can teleport you to anywhere on the map, but if you backtrack it will always be the same rooms. This is why small map fragments is important and a big map is useless. Once you have all 8 landmarks, make a plan for how you are going to deliver the orbs.

think you're going to have to accept you're the worst person in the world (of warcraft) at mapping things out keep tracking of where you are directions etc.

you can continue to lose your mind for hours and hours or just pay some dodgy site like 100 dollars to do it for you lol.

personally took me 36 minutes with pen and paper, not got lost, no teleporters nothing tricky at all, just marked down each room where it can go and where it cannot and i was never lost always able to backtrack 24 rooms with an orb to the rune.

10+ Year Old Account
    It took me about 1.5 hours using excel to map it. There are multiple floors that overlap, so this made it a bit harder. I had three floors. Worst case scenario, relog to get back to the beginning and start your map over. Your progress on orbs will be saved and the layout is the same (I think).

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feuerbart View Post
    I suggest giving up. You don´t seem to have the patience needed to solve this puzzle. You think you just download an addon and can do this willy nilly. You can´t. It still need thinking about what you do.

So either you learn patience or you stop doing it.

Screaming about it doesn´t help.
    Oh I beg to differ sir! After 2 days in that maddening pit of hell I started /yelling obscenities and begging for the sweet release of a second death. I eventually got through though; and I credit the /yelling directly for the success.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    Done it twice in thirty minutes even though it needs to be done only once.
    after 4 hours now i understand this picture