Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by durrtygoodz View Post
    "The boss wasn't hard except all the mechanics people kept dying to"
    just dont die and you kill the boss,ez boss?
    Last edited by mmocb930624b69; 2017-09-29 at 02:05 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    It was hard but not because the actual mechanics were difficult. The fight relied too much on healers topping off people to not get 1 shot by other mechanics(eg. first guy running to drop balls on DPS adds had to deal with 1m dot and 2 other adds casting for 1.5m each, easy 4m damage in 0.5 sec if unlucky). Now with crucible everyone got +200k health(which is a LOT) and KJ damage nerfed it isn't an issue at all.
    your opinion is like saying "shadowblades were not an issue at avatar" just because you never pulled the boss with 7 going out. (what im saying is you can not really judge things you didnt experience in the first place.)

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Was wondering about that - not least because apparently he tries to strike at Azeroth in a last ditch effort and creates the wound in Silithus (or so I understood) - does that mean the story only makes sense for Mythic raiders (and everyone else gets to watch it on youtube?)
    It's probably in a cutscene just like when Archi punted gul'dan through the portal or whatever.

Sargeras definitely gets involved in Mythic. Just look at one of the abilities:

Collective Punishment Sargeras inflicts Collective Punishment on the target every 5 secs for 15 sec. Each strike inflicts 60000000 Shadow damage divided among players within 20 yards.
    So the question is: do you have to tank and spank Sargears himself, or is he just going to stand out of range and lob crap at the raid?

It was hard but not because the actual mechanics were difficult. The fight relied too much on healers topping off people to not get 1 shot by other mechanics(eg. first guy running to drop balls on DPS adds had to deal with 1m dot and 2 other adds casting for 1.5m each, easy 4m damage in 0.5 sec if unlucky). Now with crucible everyone got +200k health(which is a LOT) and KJ damage nerfed it isn't an issue at all.
    Mythic KJ progess was one, if not the craziest shit in the history of wow. Mechanics and tuning are always responsible for difficulty. This boss rquired a lot of micro management due to his unfair mechanics.
    Last edited by Millyraynge; 2017-09-29 at 02:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drsephuz7 View Post
    your opinion is like saying "shadowblades were not an issue at avatar" just because you never pulled the boss with 7 going out. (what im saying is you can not really judge things you didnt experience in the first place.)
    Shadowblades are avoidable with good play. Not saying every guild ever who progressed him with 7 blades did avoid every double hit, but it's far from bullshit like 2nd set of DPS adds on KJ.

Deleted
    Shadowblades are avoidable with good play. Not saying every guild ever who progressed him with 7 blades did avoid every double hit, but it's far from bullshit like 2nd set of DPS adds on KJ.
    how are you judging things you didnt experience? just dont. thanks
    7blades resulted in random deaths you couldnt avoid or expect at all sometimes which was extremely frustrating and everyone who played the boss will agree with this statement.

you'd probably call dark phase easy aswell while not having played it one time without fixed spawns yourself i suppose.
    Last edited by mmocb930624b69; 2017-09-30 at 03:52 AM.

There’s almost no way it’s going to have extra lore considering we know what happens at the end anyways and the quests leading to it such as the improvising of Sargeras. Though I do wonder if only on heroic/mythic you get to see destroyed Silithus since I think the quest that sends you there is the one for the heroic mount (violet spellwing like with the moose from HFC).

Sargeras as a mythic only phase makes me sad. I wanna fight him.

So...the boss wasn't actually hard except that successfully defeating the boss was incredibly hard?

I don't even...

Not to mention that the vast majority of guilds won't ever seen random dark phase singularity, which if it wasn't changed we may still be < 20 kills.

10+ Year Old Account
    ITT: People don't understand artificial difficulty vs difficult mechanics.
    Stuff hitting hard != mechanics being hard. A better example of something difficult would be the timing of having to kill/do things, aka, executing the fight itself. Not just "bigger numbers = harder". The shadow blades is a better example of "difficult" though.

OT: Yeah, not surprised that there's something special for Mythic only. It's how things have gone for a while now. And Sargeras being involved is a no surprise either.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Argorwal View Post
    So...the boss wasn't actually hard except that successfully defeating the boss was incredibly hard?

I don't even...

Not to mention that the vast majority of guilds won't ever seen random dark phase singularity, which if it wasn't changed we may still be < 20 kills.
    man he is 9/9m!!! which clearly shows that he has a lot of knowledge! he must be right!

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    i dunno, its like making a big ghoul the last boss in wotlk and lich king only showing up on 25hc last phase
    it's ok i mean non-mythic raiders didn't even kill archimonde in the twisting nether so he should just come and be killing people without cutting edge in dalaran, while cutting edge raiders have an aura where you cannot see/be hurt by him.

I agree that neat stuff just for mythic raiders is cool. Gul'dan's mythic mode was, I felt, the best example of this. Channeling Illidan's spirit, or whatever the hell that was, was neat but not a necessary or important lore moment.

Having to do Argus in mythic mode just to see the main villain of the expansion - and of the Warcraft setting since Warcraft III - would be a bummer.

Healers not "topping people off" was not a majority of the wipes on Mythic KJ

Deleted
    Can't wait to see the "Argus the Unmaker" World First video by Exorsus !

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Radaney View Post
    Sargeras as a mythic only phase makes me sad. I wanna fight him.
    If Antorus lasts 1 year like HFC did, you will have time to do it in Mythic

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier of Lordaeron View Post
    Disappointing how? lucky you're seeing him at all, let alone fight him.
    We have been fighting his legion for a good 15 years, not in game but actual time. The expansion named Legion should or at least could have him.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier of Lordaeron View Post
    Thanks for showing us you don't know jack shit about lore. Goodbye.
    What are you talking about? 15 years ago i started playing warcraft 3 and in that game you fought against bits and pieces of legion and this is what i was referencing to. I don't know what any of what i said had anything to do with lore, apart from Sargeras being the main man of an army i've loved to fight against for years.

I'll believe that when I see it.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by LoveLove View Post
    Really disappointed if the only time we can see the main man behind legion outside the cinematic is on a mythic phase
    Yep. This just completely killed my excitement for the raid and has me considering unsubscribing till next expansion.