Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by skannerz22 View Post
    "in the past 30 minutes"..............................................................................

i don't understand anyones maps i need more details for your map
    This, the way it works is, when you find either a room with a brazier or a room with a room, stop, find an exit that is 90 degrees to the one you entered from. Then continue strait,counting rooms in that new direction until you have to turn again. Turn another 90 degrees (same as the 1st you chose, so If you turned Left in the brazier/rune room you turn left again.) The Rune and the Braziers make a "perfect" rectangle/square. So if you find the Red rune in a room, turned left walked 6 rooms before you had to turn, then 4 rooms and find the Red Brazier, you then turn left again walk 6 more rooms, turn left then walk 4 rooms... poof Red Rune again.

10+ Year Old Account
    hahahahahaha

doodad_wroughtirondoor01
    -Proffesional Necromancer-

People making it much harder than it is.

Make a map, keep floors in mind, and be aware of teleporting when you hit edge of map.
    Easily done in 30ish minutes if you have some small "wolf3d" skills.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsgrace View Post
    This, the way it works is, when you find either a room with a brazier or a room with a room, stop, find an exit that is 90 degrees to the one you entered from. Then continue strait,counting rooms in that new direction until you have to turn again. Turn another 90 degrees (same as the 1st you chose, so If you turned Left in the brazier/rune room you turn left again.) The Rune and the Braziers make a "perfect" rectangle/square. So if you find the Red rune in a room, turned left walked 6 rooms before you had to turn, then 4 rooms and find the Red Brazier, you then turn left again walk 6 more rooms, turn left then walk 4 rooms... poof Red Rune again.
    maps and addons and patterns were absolutely useless
    resetting it multiple times to randomise the colours was what got me out in a few minutes..after 6 hours of screwing around with useless patterns, addon, maps

running around like a headless chicken after each reset was what got me out of the damn place
    that 1 warrior from hours ago was right and he did it so quickly

For anyone doing this and needing advise.

Ditch the idea that it is a 2 dimension maze, it is not. It has multiple floors and multiple possibilities.
    Each maze is different.
    Do not start tracking until you reach your first landmark (rune or orb), then on paper, start mapping as you go, but stop once you reach a new landmark. It works soooo much better if you track your route from red orb to lets say purple rune, and then a seperate route from purple rune to green rune, otherwise your map will overlap and get confusing. I had about 9 different routes I made by time I was done with mine.
    Also, do not complete any runes until you find them all. The runes disapear after you complete them and you need them for reference.
    Finally, you can find more than 1 orb/rune of the same color. In mine, I found 2 different purple runes, which I confirmed by the fact none of my previous routes connected to it.

Mine took me about 70 minutes using this method. No resets.

Deleted
    endless halls is offically the end boss of the expansion guys at this point

- - - Updated - - -

i wish we had a real maze like maze runner

but i suppose they did their best to simulate the cube movies

- - - Updated - - -

my instance was 100% bugged an hour/s ago

relogging twice fixed it purple and blue orbs spawned i was able to finish purple and now i am holding blue orb

- - - Updated - - -

reseting it twice fixed the damn thing
    i am finally out
    i finally did purple and blue holy shit
    i am finally out
    GUYS I AM FINALLY OUT
    I FIXED THE BUG
    I AM OUT
    I CAN'T BELIEVE IT
    resetting it multiple times actually works!

- - - Updated - - -

it took 6 hours
    Like I said, resetting helps. Different people, different mazes, different bugs, different solutions. Unless you already had all 5 and it made you go in again, then you probably hit the daylie reset while progressing on the first orbs. I think it was 3 AM with the daylie reset? Anyhow, it probably wasn't bugged, BUT - You did it and 6 hours is ok for what probably was a really shitty layout. Gratz!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsgrace View Post
    Except, if one of those doors ports you to a different part of the map, then continuing on will likely throw off your rectangle. And if you pass through a one way door, you can't then backtrack to verify your location.

Best method is simply to map it out making room for rooms that appear to overlap, and as you uncover runes and orbs use them to identify when you are retreading new ground.

10+ Year Old Account
    i wish someone told me to reset the colours constantly 6 bloody hours ago
    then i could of been out of there sooner
    i wasted 6 hours on useless patterns and maps and addon

As strange as it sounds, this thread makes me want to come back to retail just to finish this maze.
    Best Zindai EU
    Quote Originally Posted by cqwrteur View Post
    I am not one person.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xazrael View Post
    Ditch the idea that it is a 2 dimension maze, it is not. It has multiple floors and multiple possibilities.
    It does not.

Each maze is different.
    It is.

10+ Year Old Account
    if you haven't got it
    it's definitely worth getting it

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tenaka30 View Post
    It does not.

It is.
    it's definitely simulating 4d dimensional to the best of blizzards abilities anyway

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zindai View Post
    As strange as it sounds, this thread makes me want to come back to retail just to finish this maze.
    endless halls will give you nightmares

Deleted
    For anyone doing this and needing advise.

Each maze is different.
    Do not start tracking until you reach your first landmark (rune or orb), then on paper, start mapping as you go, but stop once you reach a new landmark. It works soooo much better if you track your route from red orb to lets say purple rune, and then a seperate route from purple rune to green rune, otherwise your map will overlap and get confusing. I had about 9 different routes I made by time I was done with mine.
    Also, do not complete any runes until you find them all. The runes disapear after you complete them and you need them for reference.
    Finally, you can find more than 1 orb/rune of the same color. In mine, I found 2 different purple runes, which I confirmed by the fact none of my previous routes connected to it.

Mine took me about 70 minutes using this method. No resets.
    The floor theory is the same pattern/idea when it comes to mapping, as the teleport theory, essentially. But yeah, just not to confuse anybody and have them see patterns, the stairs are just part of the mogu crypt model they reused from MoP, to create the maze. It's teleports and they can happen on any door individually, but most commonly seem to be spawned with runes or orbs, in order to throw you off. But the way you did it, with the landmark mapping is the correct way to deal with the teleports, when you're mapping the whole thing out, so, yes. Xazrael's proposed method is the universally correct method of mapping your maze, if you want to - just don't go in there thinking that every time you go towards the stairs on the minimap, you're automatically switching to a new floor or shite like that.

i spent an hour in there and gave up using my pandaria wormhole
    An hour? That's it? Oh you poor sweet summer child. An hour is just getting started.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

15+ Year Old Account
    man I love this thread.
    'Something's awry.' -Duhgan 'Bel' beltayn

'A Man choses, a Slave obeys.' -Andrew Rayn

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Y'all needed to play TradeWars from oldschool BBS's. This shit is simple compared to thousands of sectors with 1-6 connections each; one-way warps; an AI enemy force that randomly demand goods or ship parts as well as hold a nasty grudge if you defeat them, and potentially hundreds of hostile players and sectors with hazards. The only thing that made this comparable was lack of room "numbering", which is easily overcome by using landmark mapping with runes & orbs.

Deleted
    it's definitely simulating 4d dimensional to the best of blizzards abilities anyway
    If you walk into a room in New York, then through the opposite door and find yourself in an identical room in Tokyo, are you traversing a 4D map, or did you simply just get ported to a new location?

Over complication of the map's engine is what is making this so hard for some people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just looking at that addon confuses me. Get rid of that trash and just explore the extreme hardcore man way by just using the default map.

tell that to the creators of the cube trilogy
    Movie Creators are not Experts in these fields.
    Imagine pathways between these Rooms. They dont neccessary need to cross a 4th dimension to connect to other Rooms.
    A 4th Dimension would imply you can ALWAYS move these Directions, which you cant. You just have a set of Rooms in a 3D space.

You seem to try to overthink the Maze.

my instance was definitely bugged

i logged out logged back in
    started doing it
    purple orb spawned somewhere
    Doesnt mean you just didnt find the Orb. I also searched for an Orb for some time.
    While my Drawn Map became harder to understand (a 2D map for a 3D layout is not that good), I still found places I didn´t move to.

Again:
    If Randomly Walking around, or just walking around with a "System" doesnt get you anywhere. Map it out.
    While it may take more "Effort" to actually create a reliable Map. Its a sure way. If you dont screw up your Mappings.

ok this is weird
    i used my guild chest
    went forward out of the room
    suddenly i was in red rune room and guild chest was there.. i kept going forward and then guild chest was still there but red rune was gone

blizzard has done some shifty shit with this endless halls
    the runes are actually moving around
    that explains why i am so lost the runes and orbs keep moving
    ... I somehow get the feeling you think yourself more Intelligent than you are.

Its a Technical Limitation for the Engine to create this "Seemingly" endless, looping Labyrinth. You dont actually Traverse into different Rooms, because its on a game technical standpoint easier to give you a Flag for a Certain Room, and change it accordingly.

If it would Actually simulate 4D, you would have a Portal in Each (Or some) Rooms, that actually would shift you on a 4th Direction. Aswell as StairCases.

You can at most move to a different Floor. Not a 4th Dimension.

A 2D Maze gives you the Ability to Move to Rooms on a Plane.
    A 3D Maze would give you the Ability to move to different Floors, (Rooms in a 3D Space)
    A 4D Maze would give you the Ability to move to different 3D Spaces of Floors. (Which Doesnt happen in this Case)

Its not that Hard. Each Dimension adds All the Other Dimensions aswell.

Deleted
    i just started doing it your way
    i went south then it was blocked so i went east

but now i can go north or south

what way do i go
    You choose one and stick to that, like I told you.

I did it like this in about 50 minutes, everyone I tipped in my guild, likewise did it in a little bit more or less than 60 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    nglish, Jesus.

I don't get what the drawing is supposed to tell me and I doubt this is a reliable method, especially to get it done in 30 minutes. Impossible.
    Sorry, I didn't draw it. I found it when searching for a better method than drawing it using pen & paper and simply bookmarked it for future reference.

Also it's far from impossible, the only reason it took me 50 minutes is because I'm colour blind and mistook the green one for red, and blue one for purple.
    Last edited by mmocf8e5b938a8; 2017-09-29 at 03:16 PM.

Deleted
    Dunno if it helps but you never know, you kinda dont want to look at it as a maze its not its basically a endless corridor with RNG you want to use that addon when you find your first landmark (Altar / Orb).

And the addon only really helps if you have the opportunity to backtrack and even then it has to be within around 100 rooms otherwise your maps reset at some point / changed.