Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Oh fucking great.

First it's no flying, then it's terrain, then it's alts, then it's Argus intro quests, and those are just the posts I've SEEN! Who knows what other shit this guy might spew, and now there's this.

What could they possibly have done besides having an artifact power sink? Keep making new and interesting traits? Do you not know about power creep? You ever stop to consider that maybe WoW just isn't for you?

If you don't like spending artifact power, then don't do it, noone's forcing you to.

It's a huge boring grind, I stopped even bothering with it one most of my characters.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Another Anduin thread ... says he doesn't dislike WoW but every thread he creates which are a lot btw are just *meeeh blizz this is shit this sux gtfo blizz blablabla* i wish u and Jaylock would finally stop this trolling shit since its getting so boring

Quote Originally Posted by Matchu View Post
    And a lot of its talent 'choices' are really, really boring. Even more boring than "and your concordance is now higher". Like paths and paths of "X% increase to skill Y" boring. WoW talents used to be the same until they overhauled them.
    Sure, there are some filler skills along the way, but most of them are primary stat increases needed to equip better and higher level gear, making them an important part of the decision process. Do you simply go straight for the skill-altering talent, or do you stock up higher stats to equip better gear?

I suppose it might be possible to try and make EVERY single choice meaningful, but then we end up with something like WoW's current talent options every 15 levels. And those aren't particularly meaningful choices either, at least in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    I'm fine with the artifact trees. I mean the fact that at this point we only put points into one talent.
    To be fair, we ARE at the end of the expansion(well, I'm not, actually. I stopped playing at 7.1 out of disgust). And it seems like we've kind of reached the end of the progression curve that comes along with it. It'll be very interesting to see how Blizzard handles the reset that comes with every new expansion. Are we going to lose all our Artifact power? Will they just add new branches? Maybe merge or allow cross-spending points into the other specs for each class?

Seems like there's a lot of ways they could go with talents and artifact points. But I agree that just dumping points into a single all-encompassing stat is pretty dull.
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2017-09-29 at 11:31 AM.

I think it would've been more interesting if there were actual choices, like going for a aoe build or a single target build for example. They way the system works now where you get every talent is really just a xp or reputation bar in disguise. Everyone will start and end at the same point and you just have to grind it out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by reffan View Post
    I am not new. And I find plenty of things to do in the game without having to grind AP, which I wasn't really doing since I got my hand on first concordance trait. However, gaining crucible traits is something that gives me additional power and that is something I need because my guild progresses mythic content.
    I'm going to be annoying and point out that nobody is forcing you to do Mythic content or grind AP. If you absolutely hate it, don't do it. Why waste your life doing something you hate in a video game and then complain about it?

Seriously, it's not rocket science.

Quote Originally Posted by Regalbeast View Post
    I'm going to be annoying and point out that nobody is forcing you to do Mythic content or grind AP. If you absolutely hate it, don't do it. Why waste your life doing something you hate in a video game and then complain about it?

That's not how addiction works

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kary View Post
    That's not how addiction works
    I think you just identified his problem for him. Take a step back, sell your machine, etc.

I think you just identified his problem for him. Take a step back, sell your machine, etc.
    Yeah.
    If you find yourself complaining about everything in a video game yet still play it... you gotta check yaself bruh.

I play a lot, but I enjoy everything I do in-game. When I don't enjoy something... I stop doing it. People here should learn to do the same.

Ofc you are right, no one forces me to do so, I am not claiming that. I just find the fact that this system exist to be very tedious and I would like it to go away or at least be made less iritating.

And I don't mean grinding it. I mean just getting it. Because gaining a skill point is so dull. Hmm I wonder what skill am I gonna put it in... At least in the beginning it was fun to unlock new talents as you choose. But now it's just one talent that you are leveling up. And then you have to get back to your order hall just to put the one point in. Every time you gain a level. I almost hope that when I apply AP I don't get a levelup, just so that I don't have to go to my order hall.
    Or you could you know, not go back every time you get 1 point. It's not a huge increase or anything. Just go back every time you are at the threshold for crucible and be done with it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozler View Post
    Reading Anduin Menethil's threads is just boring and tedious now. Just seeing his name is annoying. Because reading someone whine is just so dull. Hm, I wonder what he's going to complain about today? At least in the beginning he talked about really creepy things. But now it's just one whine thread after another. And then after you read it, you have to click back to the Home page. Every time he posts, I have to click Home. I almost hope that one day he gets the hint and when they apply a ban to his account, he just never comes back.

The gam- forum, would be so much better if we didn't have this feature.
    Id upvote this if this site had voting system, but no :<
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

You get it passively you casual.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

10+ Year Old Account
    And I don't mean grinding it. I mean just getting it. Because gaining a skill point is so dull. Hmm I wonder what skill am I gonna put it in... At least in the beginning it was fun to unlock new talents as you choose. But now it's just one talent that you are leveling up. And then you have to get back to your order hall just to put the one point in. Every time you gain a level. I almost hope that when I apply AP I don't get a levelup, just so that I don't have to go to my order hall.
    Wait hold up, NOW? I must have missed when it was fun and exciting.

Quote Originally Posted by Farath View Post
    You mean it's just now becoming boring? Thought the general consensus was that it's been boring since pretty well day 1. If you lasted this long, grats to you.
    From what I have seen, the general consensus was that it was fine up until around the MoS farming time. Definitely wasn't seen as boring by the majority by day 1.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    No the alternative was like in 7.0 where we actually could unlock cool traits.
    Traits that 100% of the players of said artifact have 100% the same, artifact crucible at least has some variation, yes RNG and BIS exist but at least it's not 100% the same.

Filling a weapon 1-35 wasn't cool at all, more like, "hey now my class functions, and if I put xxx relics in it might become a bit better"

And I don't mean grinding it.
    If you are grinding AP at all then you are doing it wrong and that is probably why you are finding it boring.

Getting AP is meant to just be a side effect of playing the content at a relaxing pace.

Let the maths do the hard work for you.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Welcome to 6months ago.
    Money talks, bullshit walks..

Quote Originally Posted by Vankrin View Post
    Well, for starters, they could have multiple "infinite" traits/talents like diablo's paragon system. even that would be more interesting than literally no choice at all. they could even have a small amount of secondary stats be given with each point, and you could choose. .1 or .2 percent haste/mastery/crit, etc. there really are a bunch of options they could have gone with under the current system.
    Diablo has 2 infinite traits, main stat which translates to + dmg and then HP. Each point in your artifact basically gives you both of those. I personally hope they don't try to give artifact lvls any more importance then They already have, so no from me on adding secondary stats to them. I do the world quest I want, chase after the rares I want, lvl the Alts I want, do the mythic+ I want then go do old world contents I want. I prefer this way of playing then grinding AP for my entire weekly game time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruargh
    I'm baffled that something this simple can be so hard for some people... I guess we can't blame blizzard for dumbing down the game any longer, because apparently it very much needed :

Copying Destiny's gear upgrading system was plain bad from the beginning - they did it all wrong.

Oct. 24 is so far away to play Destiny 2. I'm more than likely just going to farm WQ PvP and Emissaries. ATM I'm doing almost everything to gain an extra edge .. but as of lately I feel like none of that crap matters because as you've said ... a dull, boring system.