Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by digichi View Post
    artists are always lookin to mix things up so i wouldn't discount it..

but then again

they brought back short cloaks as a thing (who even likes those ????)
    Long cloaks are hit and miss on orc and Tauren.

Never wear capes so I don't care how those look.

Probably won't even be technologically possible for WoW to have any other cloaks than the narrow capes we have.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    That'd be nice. I fucking hate cloaks, it'd be nice to have permanent holy wings on my paladin.

Quote Originally Posted by SupBrah View Post
    But seriously though, this is long overdue. I was playing some of the new Guild Wars expac and man... WoW is really, really starting to look dated.

Inb4 "WoW purposely goes for the more cartoony look!" It's not even about the graphics. It's the lack of customization options (back items, hairstyles, sub-race skin colors, posture, etc), lack of unique animations (which blizz has been working on this at least for spell casting, thankfully).
    You know, you compare a game that uses an Engine from 2005, with a game with an engine from 2011?

There are things that are easier to make in the Engine, and things that are harder to make. Many of the things people are asking for:
    For example: "Sub-races" and "More Customization" are not that easy to make.

While with my little understanding, another back Modell should not be "too" hard to make. There are already items that apply stuff to your Back.

Also:
    If you take into consideration how OLD the Engine is, (and tweaks and improvements on the Engine doesnt make it newer), wow doesnt really look too bad.
    There are many games that have aged worse.

I would love to see some transmog items that could replace cloaks, if people wanted to.

Nice place to carry a keg, a quiver, banner, you name it.

Most cloaks aren't my cup of tea on most characters... Mostly just boring and clashes with the rest of the outfits to me, so some upgrades on the back slot appearance would be cool.

I play mainly melee and I never have cloaks turned on mainly because, as stupid as it may sound, I feel would just be a liability in combat and looks completely off to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Tirilka View Post
    I would like for classic Guild Wars 2 style of back items to come to WoW.
    Like the crafting line-ups of backpacks. Each profession gets 6 unique backs that become progressively more intricate, relevant to the skill required to craft them.

How does the flasks not fall out when running, jumping and doing combat? And please for the love of god don't say magic.

Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    How does the flasks not fall out when running, jumping and doing combat? And please for the love of god don't say magic.
    Magnets!

/10char

Quote Originally Posted by Cysia View Post
    you could hide your cloaks since end vanilla no?
    not just the end, it was added in one of the earliest patches

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    This is the first I've ever heard of this. Do you have a source somewhere I can read more into it? It obviously doesn't include shoulders, cause we have a few only one on shoulder shoulderpads, some from MoP.
    I don't have one to hand. It was something they discussed a long while back... I think it was while MoP or WoD was in development. It applies to cloaks and tabards, at least the pattern on them. It doesn't apply to other gear items like shoulders of course.

But yeah, take a look in game, every single tabard and cloak is symmetrical down the middle because that's the way it grabs the textures (it duplicates it to both sides)
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

Quote Originally Posted by Erinhia View Post
    I don't have one to hand. It was something they discussed a long while back... I think it was while MoP or WoD was in development. It applies to cloaks and tabards, at least the pattern on them. It doesn't apply to other gear items like shoulders of course.

But yeah, take a look in game, every single tabard and cloak is symmetrical down the middle because that's the way it grabs the textures (it duplicates it to both sides)
    I think it applies to all armor textures. Chests, legs, boots, gloves all have identical mirrored textures on both halves of the character.

Shoulders and helms have been an exempt, since they have always been unique 3D models.

Deleted
    I think there was some talk about class accessories back in WoD

It would definetly be cool if you could collect them maybe even integrate them into transmog system

Some of the ideas for different classes:
    Warrior - Banner on the back, or some small weapons/daggers on the belt, horn
    Paladin - Libram on the belt
    Mage - Book on the belt (with different runes or so), wands or just some glowy orbs
    Hunter - Different quivers, traps or munition pouches
    Rogue - pouches vials and daggers !!
    Monk - Obviously kegs or grouts

They don't even have to be class specific. Pouches would work on everyone, Herbalists could have hanging bag with herbs, miners could add mining pick , skinners skinning knife, blacksmith hammers, enchanter rods, alchemy vials, runes and scrolls for scribes...

I would actually love this

Quote Originally Posted by Erinhia View Post

Hmmm. Yeah. Now that you say it like that. Grabbing the texture and copying it on the other side. Yeah, I get that. Like Lahis below you said, most pieces are gear are just painted onto your model. That's why they stretch weirdly when your character takes a deep breath or bends.

Quote Originally Posted by Zendhal View Post
    I think there was some talk about class accessories back in WoD

It would definetly be cool if you could collect them maybe even integrate them into transmog system

Some of the ideas for different classes:
    Warrior - Banner on the back, or some small weapons/daggers on the belt, horn
    Paladin - Libram on the belt
    Mage - Book on the belt (with different runes or so), wands or just some glowy orbs
    Hunter - Different quivers, traps or munition pouches
    Rogue - pouches vials and daggers !!
    Monk - Obviously kegs or grouts

They don't even have to be class specific. Pouches would work on everyone, Herbalists could have hanging bag with herbs, miners could add mining pick , skinners skinning knife, blacksmith hammers, enchanter rods, alchemy vials, runes and scrolls for scribes...

I would actually love this
    Those got pretty much integrated into the Artifact designs or overall armor 3D doodads.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tirilka View Post
    I would like for classic Guild Wars 2 style of back items to come to WoW.
    Like the crafting line-ups of backpacks. Each profession gets 6 unique backs that become progressively more intricate, relevant to the skill required to craft them.
    snip
    thats not a backpack, thats a shelf on your back
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Those got pretty much integrated into the Artifact designs or overall armor 3D doodads.
    well I like that there's a new 3d elements here and there on new armors but I would like to choose what I want to have.

For example, there are cool belts that have various 3D elements but I cannot transmog them because they're not my armor type. And I would kill for having a horn on my belt

They definitely need to work on the gear design it is getting a little old with the 2 ton covered from ankle to wrist "pc" armor sets. And let the designers do a little more of the B.C. styles with the higher detail of the recent sets.

Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    Yes there was a remove helm/cloak option before transmog existed, but I can't remember the date it was implemented.

Edit: found it in Patch 1.2.0 , 18 December 2004, until legion transmog added things like hide helm/cloak/sho

Cloak & Helm Graphics

There are now interface options that let you not display your helm and/or cloak on your character. These options will allow a player to wear a cloak or helm, but not have it show up in the game world. The check boxes to control this functionality are in the Options menu under "Interface Options."

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Patch_1.2...._Helm_Graphics

Basicly what happened in 7.0.3: it added a "hidden cloak, hidden helm, hidden shoulder" you transmog into.

7.1 added a "hidden belt" , and there's cosmetic troll shoes to hide your boots too.

Kinda funny, BRD emperor always dropped an invisible cloak. "The Emperor's New Cape"
    in classic wow u could hide helmet and cloak, the option has been in the game since its release in 2005 in Europe. i remember this exactly, because there was a codex in classic wow regarding world pvp (at least this codex existed on german realms).
    helmet on= im into pvp
    helmet off / leave me alone, i am no hazard. , same function as a visor on a knights helmet.

It actually worked, after getting killed a few times in a battle you would go to options, turn off your helmet, and they would leave u alone.

There was even a invisible cape (a hint to the "emporers new cloth"), and later a sandrenes invisible vest leather chest that was basically no chest, and funilly sendrene is an anagram to the name of the author that wrote emporers new cloth.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquinan View Post
    Long cloaks are hit and miss on orc and Tauren.
    mmm interesting, cuz my main is a tauren and i cant use anything but long cloaks on it. i always hid short cloaks when lvling up.

but i think it dpends on the race. short cloaks on draenei arent too shabby.

i still think they should add a cosmetic/mog that looks like the traveller's backpack (it could replace the cloak or something). I mean, where else am i gonna put these epix ?

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Holofernes View Post
    in classic wow u could hide helmet and cloak, the option has been in the game since its release in 2005 in Europe.
    Yeah obviously it was in EU version, US version just released a few months earlier. (I played US from Europe till 2008)