Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Not at all, I've already stated the the obvious - that I disagree strongly with any woman being forced to wear the attire against their will.

You either didn't bother to read, or did but chose to ignore because you don't really have any response to what I actually posted.
    I read exactly what you wrote. I know that quite a few women enjoy wearing the burqua. Fine. Let them do it in their own fucking countries. I do not support the subjugation of women in THIS country. That is not a culture I want here. If they want to bring that culture to this country they can go fuck themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    Alot of things are messing with freedom of expression, it's illegal to run around naked in Austria aswell. You can't compare a necklace to a burqa, if christians thought that running around with motorcycle helmets all the time with the visor pulled down, was an expression of christianity, they'd be told to get rid of it asap aswell.
    So, this is an even further limit to the freedom of expression. And since they are expression their religious beliefs, it's also a restriction of those.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Blame the city/state you live in.
    I rather thank them for having such laws and rules in place. I would welcome if they expanded the ban to full face coverings in public.

Just wanted to point out that we are already dictated what we are allowed to wear and that its not a big deal to add full face coverings to the "nono" list in public scenarios.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ransath View Post
    I read exactly what you wrote. I know that quite a few women enjoy wearing the burqua. Fine. Let them do it in their own fucking countries. I do not support the subjugation of women in THIS country. That is not a culture I want here. If they want to bring that culture to this country they can go fuck themselves.
    If they enjoy wearing it, then what's the problem? So long as they aren't forced to wear it, what's the problem?
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeeeeeeeah, probably shouldn't let people walk around in fucking masks concealing their identities. Retarded that there are people who would argue against that, but morons gonna moron.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

I read exactly what you wrote. I know that quite a few women enjoy wearing the burqua. Fine. Let them do it in their own fucking countries.
    ...and if they happen to be American, Austrian, German, Brazilian, Japanese etc?

Or can Muslim's "own countries" only be in the Middle East?

I do not support the subjugation of women in THIS country.
    And the Muslim women in THIS country who choose to wear it? Do you want to FORCE them to not wear one under threat of penalty? Are you then any better than those you decry for forcing them to wear a burqa?

That is not a culture I want here.
    That's fine, and you'll likely be called a bigot an islamophobe for it.

If they want to bring that culture to this country they can go fuck themselves.
    Cool, unfortunately for you US law both allows and protects their right to dress that way if they choose. If you don't like it that's your problem, and maybe you should find another country that can provide you the safe space you seek.

Evul government says all woman have to wear underwear, help ohhpression . Time to luberate urope again.

Damn sarah, you are better at this .

You are literally supporting the subjugation of women in THIS country.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    Evul government says all woman have to wear underwear, heeelpz ohhpression . Time to luberate urope again.
    Like it or not, you are supporting bigger, more authoritarian government. Just don't bitch and complain when someone does it to a freedom you enjoy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The One Percent View Post
    Yeeeeeeeah, probably shouldn't let people walk around in fucking masks concealing their identities. Retarded that there are people who would argue against that, but morons gonna moron.
    Just don't complain when someone decides to take away a freedom you like.

It's good to know you wouldn't complain if they decided to ban all Confederate Flags.

- - - Updated - - -

I rather thank them for having such laws and rules in place. I would welcome if they expanded the ban to full face coverings in public.

Just wanted to point out that we are already dictated what we are allowed to wear and that its not a big deal to add full face coverings to the "nono" list in public scenarios.
    And you are supporting even more authoritarian government, which means you don't have cause to complain when someone tries to take away a freedom you want to have.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The One Percent View Post
    and autocrats gonna autocrat...

Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    So are we going to ban sunglasses too? Would you be OK with that. A lot of bank robbers wear sunglasses and hats.
    There are limitations. Ski-Masks, buqas, Vader helmets, etc cover your entire head. The only description they are revealing to witnesses is their height.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Deleted
    That's fine, and you'll likely be called a bigot an islamophobe for it.
    Like I give a fuck what the perpetually offended and Labelers think? LOL!!!!

Cool, unfortunately for you US law both allows and protects their right to dress that way if they choose. If you don't like it that's your problem, and maybe you should find another country that can provide you the safe space you seek.
    Or maybe I can ask my state senator to introduce a law banning the burqua? I could that as well. Maybe I already have?

Like I give a fuck what the perpetually offended and Labelers think? LOL!!!!

Or maybe I can ask my state senator to introduce a law banning the burqua? I could that as well. Maybe I already have?
    Why do you hate freedom so much?

Cool, grats on being an authoritarian who tries to regulate what Muslim women wear. Just like those that force them to wear burqa's that you complain about.

Lovely to see that your lip service to the Constitution is just that - lip service and nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Again, if that's the issue, why is this law specific to burqas and not general to any clothing that obscures identifiable traits?
    Please read instead of quoting out of context. He asked why I don't like the burqa and I said why.

Deleted
    Cool, grats on being an authoritarian who tries to regulate what Muslim women wear. Just like those that force them to wear burqa's that you complain about.

Lovely to see that your lip service to the Constitution is just that - lip service and nothing more.
    Sure thing, buddy. Thanks for the grats

Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    Well that's fine. I guess it's a bit disturbing that you're completely OK with infringing upon a 1st Amendment right without any type of compelling evidence of public harm. Particularly since you're such a fierce advocate for the 2nd.
    Of course you see it that way. Because if someone supports one thing then they have to absolutely support the other. No one is allowed to have varying opinions. I mean what do we even need things like the SCOTUS for right?

Guess what. I don't particularly approve of abortion either. So rack up another "AH HA! GOTCHA!" notch on your belt.

Your anger is mistargeted. I don't make the decisions, society does.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    You don't like it when people point out your hypocrisy, do you? Don't worry, it tends to piss off most people.
    See above. I learned a long time ago that around here the argument gets to the point where no one cares about conversation just chopping down their opponent at the knees by any means required.

I stopped the conversation because it was being stretched further and further. Maybe in a twist if irony you are pissed I just won't play your game?

I usually don't post to often in this sub-forum and for good reason. I am human after all and do wander in from time to time. That was my mistake and is on me.
    Last edited by TITAN308; 2017-09-29 at 06:02 PM.

They can wear it at home or on private properties where the owner allowed it. Just like the weird nudeist dudes.

Religion is something that should be kept private anyway. Freedom of religon should mean the public is free of religion and people are free to live their religion on private property. No burqa, no thors hammer and no christian crosses in public!
    Last edited by lonely zergling; 2017-09-29 at 06:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    Of course you see it that way. Because if someone supports one thing then they have to absolutely support the other. No one is allowed to have varying opinions. I mean what do we even need things like the SCOTUS for right?

Guess what. I don't particularly approve of abortion either. So rack up another "AH HA! GOTCHA!" notch on your belt.

Your anger is mistargeted. I don't make the decisions, society does.

See above. I learned a long time ago that around here the argument gets to the point where no one cares about conversation just chopping down their opponent at the knees by any means required.

I stopped the conversation because it was being stretched further and further. Maybe in a twist if irony you are pissed I just won't play your game?

I usually don't post to often in this sub-forum and for good reason. I am human after all and do wander in from time to time. That was my mistake and is on me.
    It wasn't being stretched, your hypocrisy was being highlighted.

- - - Updated - - -

They can wear it at home or on private properties where the owner allowed it. Just like the weird nudeist dudes.

Religion is something that should be kept private anyway. Freedom of religon should mean the public is free of religion and people are free to live their religion on private property.
    Um, no, that is forcing people to hide their religion, and should not be acceptable. Thank God we have a First Amendment in the United States.

I think to use a french expression that some people really don't realize who are the dindons de la farce

This law is aimed at voters who are persuaded Muslims are an existential threat. Wether they are right or wrong, this law is a clear statement of the intelligence credited to the said voters, since it's a law aimed at a few dozens women per country.

Quote Originally Posted by Berthier View Post
    facial covers are not allowed doesnt matter if its a religion or a lifestyle or whatever burqa and niqab are for me personaly a symbol of woman slavery not that i have to mention that i dont believe in this holybook fantasy/drama
    This goes past that, is is literally telling women what they can, and cannot wear. That's no different than forcing them to wear burqas.