Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Have we done this one yet? Bat-shit crazy librarian?

Source: https://www.cbsnews.com/news/librari...melania-trump/

https://twitter.com/Cport_Special/st...at-in-hat.html

Cliff Notes

- will not accept Dr Seuss books from first lady because they are "racist"
    - however... has photos being dressed up as Dr Seuss characters
    - however... hosts Dr Seuss themed breakfast

Also... pretty much looks exactly like expected. I mean come on... how much more cliche can you get?

10+ Year Old Account
    Should be fired, IMO.

Going on a rant in her letter about how Dr. Seuss' work is racist propaganda is pretty retarded in itself. That kind of idiot shouldn't be allowed near children... But the hypocrisy of previously celebrating Dr. Seuss and engaging with his material, only to turn around and pull this stunt, shows that this petty bullshit is entirely politically motivated... And the whole thing is made worse in that its all coming at the expense of the kids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Attention grabber at the expense of children.

She should be let go

People who take their politics too far are always the worst.

Edit: which also includes the rabid responders to the story of the r/The_Donald variety of crazy. Jesus guys, this deserves a "what a dumb woman" and moving on, not "now let's make sure it ends just like Pizza Gate." Christ.
    Last edited by Grapemask; 2017-09-29 at 04:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post

Cliff Notes

Also... pretty much looks exactly like expected. I mean come on... how much more cliche can you get?
    Relevant cliff note you somehow missed

- will not accept books because she believes there are other less fortunate schools/libraries that are more in need of the books

Yeah, her bitching about Dr Seuss to Melania while celebrating him elsewhere is some bullshit. Her note to Melania would have been vastly more productive if she just stuck with "other schools need your help before mine".

Not sure why you needed to bring appearance into this

Quote Originally Posted by tyrlaan View Post

- will not accept books because she believes there are other less fortunate schools/libraries that are more in need of the books

Yeah, her bitching about Dr Seuss to Melania while celebrating him elsewhere is some bullshit. Her note to Melania would have been vastly more productive if she just stuck with "other schools need your help before mine".

Because said poster is a gotcha man of the low hanging fruit variety.

Not sure why you needed to bring appearance into this".
    If this was true she should just accept the books and donate to the schools and libraries that she knows need them more.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    Because said poster is a gotcha man of the low hanging fruit variety.
    Oh the irony.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Symphonic View Post
    If this was true she should just accept the books and donate to the schools and libraries that she knows need them more.
    You can't do that. Political stances must be made known. For the children. Or something.

Deleted

Cliff Notes

Just another hysterical anti-Trumper. There are a lot of them around, if you haven't noticed

Dr Seuss books as a whole aren't racist.

Dr Seuss war cartoons often are a product of their times and are rather virulently racist against the japanese.

Very different content sets. it's not helpful for her to mingle them.

Well, we know what's going to happen now. This one crazy lady is going to be posted over and over again across all social media and will have segments on FOX 24/7. We'll see "they", "liberals" and "the left" used a lot because in order to milk this to the fullest extent we need to convince everyone that the entire left agrees with her.

These kinds of nonsense stories are like crack for conservative media and social media echo chambers.
    Last edited by Blur4stuff; 2017-09-29 at 06:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Symphonic View Post
    Some districts don't allow that. Once it's in the system, it stays there. Someone will sue over misuse of funds or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    Well, we know what's going to happen now. This one crazy lady is going to be posted over and over again across all social media and will have segments on FOX 24/7. We'll see "they", "liberals" and "the left" used a lot because in order to milk this to the fullest extent we need to convince everyone that the entire left agrees with her.

These kinds of nonsense stories are like crack for conservative media and social media echo chambers.
    Are you implying both sides of the political isle don't do this and it is somehow unique to the right?

Are you also implying that non-conservatives are not part of their own echo chamber?

Are you implying both sides of the political isle don't do this and it is somehow unique to the right?

Are you also implying that non-conservatives are not part of their own echo chamber?
    Just pointing out what's about to happen. Conservative media will pump up this story to the level of other, more important events currently taking place. I wouldn't be surprised if this gets more airtime on FOX than Puerto Rico, Tax Reform or the travel scandal by Trump's cabinet.

It's the perfect story to distract the base. The only way it could have been better is if she prevented a student from praying and confiscated the kid's gun while explaining how Dr Suess is racist.

Both sides do it. But in nowhere near the same frequency.

False equivalences are lazy bullshit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post

Prove this claim.

I've now seen two claims asserted. The person I original quoted and now you.

Put up or shut up.
    Last edited by TITAN308; 2017-09-29 at 07:04 PM.

Just because "Where the Sidewalk Ends" is a great book for children by Shel Silverstein.... certainly doesn't mean ALL his work is suitable for children.

Some of Dr Seuss' stuff is pretty questionable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dr. Seuss was racist. And he did a major u-turn on that. I mean isn't that what we want? Racist folks who realize racism is bad and stop being racist?
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Because it's actually pretty amusing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post

I think it's unlikely that there's a false equivalency here. The tendency to find the most ridiculous person that's at least nominally on the "other side" is such a normal human characteristic that I'd be pretty surprised if it turned out that the frequency of it differed much based on political party. This is part and parcel of normal tribalistic instincts and extends well outside of politics and into every ingroup-outgroup situation I can think of - religion, careers, cultural norms, even sports fandom. I mean, all Patriots fans are terrible people, but I probably notice the worst of them more frequently...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Dr. Seuss was racist. And he did a major u-turn on that. I mean isn't that what we want? Racist folks who realize racism is bad and stop being racist?
    Nope, you racist Nazi enabler. (/s)

I saw this posted the other day on Reddit or Twitter or some shit:
    http://abcnews.go.com/US/man-removes...ry?id=49496501

Its a story about a former neo-Nazi who befriended his black parole officer and changed his ways for the better.

Some SJWs were literally going on about how news articles like this are propaganda to make white moderates feel good about defending Nazis against Antifa, etc...