Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetstream View Post
    So. What's availability look like?

All the online retailers seem to be out, obviously.
    We managed to get one (two actually). Here is what it looks like in my area:

Toys R Us near us got 35 units in (we got numbers 19 and 20. One for us, one for my bros GF).
    Target near me got one hundred units.
    Wal * Mart by me seems to be about same as Target.
    Best Buy got around 60.

So overall supply seems a LOT better than the NES Classic was. These same locations were getting 2-3 NES Classics at a time and only got about 2-3 shipments each total over it's life.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Shit, I should call up a few local stores near me to see if they have any. I doubt they do, but it's worth a shot for some sweet nostalgia.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Shit, I should call up a few local stores near me to see if they have any. I doubt they do, but it's worth a shot for some sweet nostalgia.
    They are probably sold out by now, but basically anyone who went out early enough should have been able to get one. At least in my area, your areas may be different. Still can't hurt to call around, especially if the stores are close by.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

We only got 24 at the Wal-Mart up here. They handed out tickets to people in line so only those ones could buy it. Technically, the thing was sold out before the store even opened.

Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    They are probably sold out by now, but basically anyone who went out early enough should have been able to get one. At least in my area, your areas may be different. Still can't hurt to call around, especially if the stores are close by.
    I ran to GameStop, Best Buy, and Toys R Us.
    GameStop only had like 17, best buy just gave the last one after I got there, and same for Toys R Us.

My girlfriend managed to grab one of the last 4 at another toys r us near her college though.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I ran to GameStop, Best Buy, and Toys R Us.
    GameStop only had like 17, best buy just gave the last one after I got there, and same for Toys R Us.

My girlfriend managed to grab one of the last 4 at another toys r us near her college though.
    Yeah...as I said it can vary from area to area. Not sure why our Target got so many, though.....we're kinda in the middle of nowhere FL....

Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    We managed to get one (two actually). Here is what it looks like in my area:

Toys R Us near us got 35 units in (we got numbers 19 and 20. One for us, one for my bros GF).
    Target near me got one hundred units.
    Wal * Mart by me seems to be about same as Target.
    Best Buy got around 60.

So overall supply seems a LOT better than the NES Classic was. These same locations were getting 2-3 NES Classics at a time and only got about 2-3 shipments each total over it's life.
    Okay... cool. Then I’ll probably be able to ge one once scalpers realize that they won’t be able to own the market this time: assuming Nintendo don’t screw it up again.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetstream View Post
    Okay... cool. Then I’ll probably be able to ge one once scalpers realize that they won’t be able to own the market this time: assuming Nintendo don’t screw it up again.
    I don't think they will this time, due to the backlash they got from the NES fiasco. However they did outright say: they will continue to make them through the rest of the year but after 2017 they cant guarantee new shipments.

Was able to grab one when they went on sell at ThinkGeek.

Now to try to get one more so I got one as a gift for my Mom. A Gamestop manger told me they expect more within a couple weeks, so maybe these will be in stock this time around.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Got 2 last week, sold one for 250 euro

It looks so amazing in our industrial style living room <3

Walmart in my area got 20.

Best Buy had 200. They were handing out tickets, I was number 52, when I noticed no one was in their parking lot so I stopped by and grabbed one and asked how many they had. About 500 feet east was the local Toys R Us where there was a huge line. I drove by and shouted to this line about the good fortune Best Buy had and was promptly told to "Go fuck myself".

Don't you just lurve trying to be nice?

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/913795305971228672

Since people were asking:
    -Amazon preorders did not ship and are apparently scheduled to ship throughout Oct according to CSR chats. Sold them on Treasure Trucks instead of shipping them...
    -Walmart backordered some preorders late last night, shipped some.
    -Thinkgeek and GameStop went up online at midnight PT. Included bundled and bundle-less units.
    -Best Buy, Target, TRU seem to be doing in-store only for launch. Preordered Best Buy/Target orders should have been shipped by now or store-pickup at Best Buy.
    Amazon's "Treasure Trucks" sound fucking shady and it really sucks for people who preordered from them.

- - - Updated - - -

Just read about Amazon's Treasure Trucks on NeoGAF and yes, they are as shady and corporate greedy as a suspected.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully they make more. While yes you can get just an emulator, the actual value of the SNES seemed alright to me because they put some quality games on it with a nice little item.

Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/913795305971228672

Amazon's "Treasure Trucks" sound fucking shady and it really sucks for people who preordered from them.

- - - Updated - - -

Just read about Amazon's Treasure Trucks on NeoGAF and yes, they are as shady and corporate greedy as a suspected.
    Amazon did this same thing at Switch launch. Failed to fulfill all preorders yet had them in stock at their campus stores as well as in stock on prime now in most major metro areas.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Amazon did this same thing at Switch launch. Failed to fulfill all preorders yet had them in stock at their campus stores as well as in stock on prime now in most major metro areas.
    Honestly, the more and more Amazon gets involved with video game stuff, the more closer to Gamestop they get in terms of respect.

Sticking things up at completely random times of the day for pre-orders, unreliable shipping, and sometimes they just don't even have the product to fulfill with?

Meh.

Got mine this mornign from GameStop (preordered). Played all morning secret of Mana and apparently there's a surprise: playing starfox and finishing the first level unlocks Starfox 2.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Got mine this mornign from GameStop (preordered). Played all morning secret of Mana and apparently there's a surprise: playing starfox and finishing the first level unlocks Starfox 2.
    Ya it came out that is how you get Starfox 2.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Ya it came out that is how you get Starfox 2.
    It actually tells you that if you try to start up Starfox 2. Otherwise, it's wrapped up like a present until then.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    It actually tells you that if you try to start up Starfox 2. Otherwise, it's wrapped up like a present until then.
    Ya turns out StarFox 2 runs like pure shit as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Walmart near me had 25 of them, I was able to get one early friday morning. There were 12 other people there.

Its adorably tiny (like, the size of 2 ice cream sandwiches) and the controllers are perfect - but the flap that you pop down to plug 'em in is literally the flimsiest thing I've ever seen.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Hopefully they make more. While yes you can get just an emulator, the actual value of the SNES seemed alright to me because they put some quality games on it with a nice little item.
    They will. They've confirmed production will run well into 2018.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.