Poll: what and where

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Whatever it is it'd be interesting if they did a time skip to really shake things up and change everything. It'd also be very easy to do since story wise we've spent the last few weeks/months on Argus/in the TN so with the whole "time flows differently there" thing they could easily make it go slower than Azeroth as well as quicker.

What I think is we do not need this thread as there already were far more active threads about the same thing before OP made this.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    I'm thinking we're going to see a Cata 2.0, in the sense that we are going to be back on Azeroth and old zones are going to be revamped / scaled up for max level. Likely dealing with Azshara and some Old God / Void stuff. We will also get new zones like Kul'Tiras, Zandalar and a couple others.
    Hopefully you are right. Although I'd prefer something more "Azerothian", more down to earth, after all this high-tech showdown. Something like Northrend 2.0 or the mythic other side of Azeroth.

Sylvanas' unfinished story will lead us into the next expansion much the same way Gul'dan did in WoD. Greymane will of course be right behind her, giving context to the updated Worgen models and the new Gilneas. Meanwhile, the Goblins of Undermine are providing the horde with a fleet to deal with the Naga who have just flooded Un'Goro Crater whilst the Trolls are battling it out with Kul'tiras (or whatever they are). The Old Gods are using this opportunity to attack us from every angle by opening rifts to the Shadowlands as creatures of the void pour forth around the globe. Something something the Devourer is coming.

Maelstrom, with Kul'tiras/Zandalar/Dragon Isles merging into one super continent as a result of the old gods rising.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phuongvi View Post
    A place where you can't fly
    ReMeMbEr VaNiLlA

pepperridge farm remembers

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Morgaith View Post
    "poll has some most obvious options(that i can think of)" no south seas kek.
    yea i forgot that one sorry but that was sort of after wod speculation anyway and we sort of got it by being in broken isles and having pirates in azuna pirates aren't a colonizing type they mostly operate on the ocean and besides boat battles there wouldn't be much to do besides more boat battles pirates only have small few ports and the occasional city they raid and only temporally hold

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gladiastrel View Post
    Hi ,

I haven't been playing ever since Garrosh's death (and WoD, just like Cataclysm, doesn't give me the feeling I missed something great) so I really hope this one time, there will be a second expansion in a row that will convince me but I'm not so confident about it.

With that being said, missing many events confused me a bit and many things remain without explanation which is why I personnally believe the next expansion will give us answers on precise topics : the void and the gods such as C'thun or N'zoth. Allaria's story for instance makes me think that it's a prelude to something of greater importance. Her scene as well as Illidan's refusing "the prophecy" really shocked me, especially since I had rushed a year of content within 48 hours xD .

The Legion being on the verge of destruction, I see only these 2 threats. Of course, there could be a Scourge stuff now but it won't happen after a BC 2.0. I don't know if Jaina, which is nowhere to be found as far as I know, might be planning anything good either (since Garrosh, I hope something on the Alliance side will happen... Last time was Arthas' glory and it was great in my opinion) .

By the way, what used to be the map I knew is kind of messed up : it took me a little time to visualize both WoD and Argus things, how to move here and there etc... So I want to believe that they will only add some lands somewhere on Azeroth, rather than interspacial gates ^^ .
    wod questing was good people only started to complain when they got bored of garrisons and wanted to fly those were the 2 reasons people quit in the first 3 months+server lag for months
    you slightly did miss out but at the same time avoided massive server lag that happened during first 3 months
    the bulk of who quit was due to server lag and garrisons before people knew they weren't flying yet

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shakou View Post
    What I think is we do not need this thread as there already were far more active threads about the same thing before OP made this.
    there are 0 topics about specific expansion theme/location on the front page besides this one

8.0 topic is content specific what would you do inside a patch not what you see before hand so it's completely different
    there was only 1 comment about expansion theme in blizzcon announcement topic which doesn't make the whole topic revolve around that post

my post is 100% entirely about theme and location 95% nothing else
    Last edited by skannerz22; 2017-09-29 at 08:41 PM.
    -Proffesional Necromancer-

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Hopefully you are right. Although I'd prefer something more "Azerothian", more down to earth, after all this high-tech showdown. Something like Northrend 2.0 or the mythic other side of Azeroth.
    I completely agree. Whatever Blizzard ends up doing I really hope we don't see any more Spaceships. I really think WoW needs to return to the more fantasy based RPG setting.

10+ Year Old Account
    I completely agree. Whatever Blizzard ends up doing I really hope we don't see any more Spaceships. I really think WoW needs to return to the more fantasy based RPG setting.
    fantasy literally means believing in anything that isn't real
    it's very vague it's not very specific for game genre

and rpg literally means roleplaying..anywhere/anything..

it would still be a fantasy rpg if we went to another planet if the gameplay mechanics stayed the same and there was no drastic interface change

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skannerz22 View Post
    well all of them are my opinions in the poll so.......

lots of people speculated other side of azeroth doesn't exist due to blizzard not wanting to talk about it in details at every blizzcon
    it was only vague confirmed by saying it existed by one of the devs but he didn't say what exactly exists

so i typed it weird like that spongebob meme to make it seem like anyone voting for it must be crazy because we all know azeroth is flat even with argus we still don't have proof of the other side and blizzard refuses to make proof since 2004 cataclysm would of been a time to do it some deathwing stronghold on the other side

- - - Updated - - -

thats similar but they had azeroth as 1 big circular island from a emerald dream leak i saw with ocean around it the map was polished but not zoomed in

- - - Updated - - -

due to the size emerald dream might of been their first idea of yearly expansions
    The big circular map idea was (iirc) the very first concept art and areas they'd made for Emerald Dream, dating back to when the portals in the Hinterlands, Duskwood, etc would act as entry ways for us to access the dream (This part is speculation). The reason it was one large island as opposed to our continents is because the dream was (at least then) depicted as a sort of mirror world to Azeroth; except Azeroth is in the shape it is in today as a result of the sundering, which split the super continent apart. While the dream Azeroth would continue to reflect the old pre-sundered world.

I only remember some very (VERY) alpha looking footage of a bear form druid running around a gigantic field of green and through some water though.

edit: forgot to add my OP answer- I'm thinking the same as most- old gods, naga, etc. As for where the only area I'm sure would be included in the aforementioned would be Kul'Tiras. Plenty of other areas I'm sure they could explore though- the only thing I truly want to see is updated BE/Goat zones in the vein linked to the main servers, the area north of Stratholme, and for the love of the bloody Sunwell rebuild Silvermoon.....it's STILL under attack by the scourge...
    Last edited by AcidicSyn; 2017-09-29 at 08:51 PM.

there are 0 topics about specific expansion theme/location on the front page besides this one

8.0 topic is content specific what would you do inside a patch not what you see before hand so it's completely different
    there was only 1 comment about expansion theme in blizzcon announcement topic which doesn't make the whole topic revolve around that post

my post is 100% entirely about theme and location 95% nothing else
    What the actual fuck are you smoking? The OFFICIAL 8.0 SPECULATION THREAD exists specifically because this forum was previously flooded by threads like yours. That is the catch all "any speculation about the next expansion thread", use it.

fantasy literally means believing in anything that isn't real
    it's very vague it's not very specific for game genre

and rpg literally means roleplaying..anywhere/anything..

it would still be a fantasy rpg if we went to another planet if the gameplay mechanics stayed the same and there was no drastic interface change
    Fantasy typically means swords and magic, Sci-Fi typically means Spaces and High Level Technology. I'm pretty sure 99.9% of people know what I'm talking about...

I voted OtHeR sIdE oF aZeRoTh because its the only one you typed like that so obviously you must be in the know and prob saw the day elf leak image:

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AcidicSyn View Post
    The big circular map idea was (iirc) the very first concept art and areas they'd made for Emerald Dream, dating back to when the portals in the Hinterlands, Duskwood, etc would act as entry ways for us to access the dream (This part is speculation). The reason it was one large island as opposed to our continents is because the dream was (at least then) depicted as a sort of mirror world to Azeroth; except Azeroth is in the shape it is in today as a result of the sundering, which split the super continent apart. While the dream Azeroth would continue to reflect the old pre-sundered world.

I only remember some very (VERY) alpha looking footage of a bear form druid running around a gigantic field of green and through some water though.

edit: forgot to add my OP answer- I'm thinking the same as most- old gods, naga, etc. As for where the only area I'm sure would be included in the aforementioned would be Kul'Tiras. Plenty of other areas I'm sure they could explore though- the only thing I truly want to see is updated BE/Goat zones in the vein linked to the main servers, the area north of Stratholme, and for the love of the bloody Sunwell rebuild Silvermoon.....it's STILL under attack by the scourge...
    i saw a polished map of emerald dream
    it wasn't zoomed in though
    maybe you saw the same thing
    it's not the one that other person linked

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shakou View Post
    What the actual fuck are you smoking? The OFFICIAL 8.0 SPECULATION THREAD exists specifically because this forum was previously flooded by threads like yours. That is the catch all "any speculation about the next expansion thread", use it.
    i wasn't here for what ever you saw and my quick read of 8.0 topic is about content INSIDE a location of an expansion but not about theme and location
    my topic is about theme mostly but location is tied to it nothing else no content no patch talk just theme and location

you're trying to connect a hdmi cable into a dvi socket just because they both enter a gpu and a monitor doesn't make them the same cable

- - - Updated - - -

Fantasy typically means swords and magic, Sci-Fi typically means Spaces and High Level Technology. I'm pretty sure 99.9% of people know what I'm talking about...
    we have had space goats since burning crusade so what are you even thinking wow was? this isn't runescape
    exodar literally is a space ship

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by frogger237 View Post
    I voted OtHeR sIdE oF aZeRoTh because its the only one you typed like that so obviously you must be in the know and prob saw the day elf leak image:

night elves in the day in teldrassil
    what if azeroth really is flat and on the other side it's completely dark full of day elves

- - - Updated - - -

underwater+void+naga is my strongest opinion about the next expansion

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Phuongvi View Post
    A place where you can't fly
    so underground?